Alamo Bowl - score predictions

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Who you got tonight? This should be one hell of a game. I'm still surprised the Dawgs are underdogs. But it's pretty much a home game for Texas.
I can't see Texas stopping this offiense.

I'll go 37-30 Dawgs

Turtle

Reaction score
Who you got tonight? This should be one hell of a game. I'm still surprised the Dawgs are underdogs. But it's pretty much a home game for Texas.
I can't see Texas stopping this offiense.

I'll go 37-30 Dawgs
I'm surprised they're an underdog as well particularly since the Longhorns will be without star running backs Bijan Robinson and Roschon Johnson, not to mention their starting linebacker and defensive leader DeMarvion Overshown. I'm thinking this will be a high scoring game, I'll go 34 - 27 Huskies

NoGain

Reaction score
I'm a Dawg and excited for this one. I'll say Dawgs 45-41 over Burnt Orange.

D

DomeHawk

This needs to be a signature win for the Montlake dogs. Lots of great recruits out of Texas where high school football is king.

I'll go 45-30 Huskies.

NoGain

Reaction score
Isn't that strange/ironic? Everything was saying high scoring game (weak Husky defense, exceptional Husky offense), and here it is 10-3 with about 4+ minutes to go in the half.

NoGain

Reaction score
It sure seems like the Huskies got it right with Kalen DeBoer. You never know about these things. Almost always a leap-of-faith on some level. But damn...it seems like they got it right.

D

DomeHawk

Isn't that strange/ironic? Everything was saying high scoring game (weak Husky defense, exceptional Husky offense), and here it is 10-3 with about 4+ minutes to go in the half.
Texas without it's top two rb's and Penix and company really rusty. Texas doing a good job of taking away the middle too.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Penix is incredible.

Thought this would be a higher scoring game, but ******* 11 wins this year!!!

D

DomeHawk

Penix coming back is huge. He'll still have Jalen McMillan and some of the other WR's and a pretty intact OL. Odunze hasn't said yet. He's projected as high as mid 1st so I doubt he's coming back.

Defense looks to be improving and that likely will be the key to how far we go. Really looking forward to the upcoming year!

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
3 straight pathetic calls in the 2nd quarter, or this game is a blowout. But, they controlled the whole thing. I'm hoping next season they run the ball a little more with a lead. They bascially kept Texas in the game with all those incomplete passes. Run the ball and eat up a bunch of clock.
But, even on an off day for Penix' standards (a lot of overthrows etc.) they still owned the entire game.
Can't wait to see what this team can do in 2023.