Aldon's suspension is nine games

Marvin49

Reaction score
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn · 15s
The five games Aldon Smith missed last season while voluntarily seeking assistance for alcohol abuse did not impact his punishment

Total BS by Goodell. Why even say it will if it clearly didn't. Nice way to encourage players to get help. Good job idiot.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":418764pf said:
The judge probably took the rehab into account. He got essentially what I expected. As for games? Kinda think it will be 2, but wouldn't be stunned by 6.

Crashing%20a%20Ford%20Focus%20into%20a%20wall%20at%20120%20mph.gif

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Probably bad timing for Smith, what with Goodell's statement yesterday about getting Rice's suspension wrong.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":12gp5yc2 said:
...reading comprehension is not your friend either. Read the two next sentences.

I did. You gotta have something in your hand to hand it over...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
At least their offense looked really sharp the entire preseason.

NUeVFnL

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2zuswjpe said:
Marvin49":2zuswjpe said:
The judge probably took the rehab into account. He got essentially what I expected. As for games? Kinda think it will be 2, but wouldn't be stunned by 6.

Crashing%20a%20Ford%20Focus%20into%20a%20wall%20at%20120%20mph.gif

That's because I assumed they'd take the rehab into account as they said they would...which they clearly didn't.

That's also not the only time I ever discussed the topic. I've said many times it could be as long as 8 as many other posters have read and told me they though I was wrong and it would be less.

Funny that you actually spent the time to find that tho.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Marvin49":8vtvqcta said:
The five games Aldon Smith missed last season while voluntarily seeking assistance for alcohol abuse did not impact his punishment

Total BS by Goodell. Why even say it will if it clearly didn't. Nice way to encourage players to get help. Good job idiot.

Didn't help much when he starts talking about bombs in airports.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Marvin49":3vfyem9a said:

I think instead of being angry you should look at this an opportunity for one of your players to get his life together.

Don't be upset. He did this to himself. Nice steep suspension he got. Perhaps this stern punishment will be the motivation he needs to be a valued member of our society.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":1xatbv55 said:

well Marvin, the rehab obviously didn't work, so Goodell did something that might.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":137f2oz4 said:

That was a pretty webzonian comment, Marv. Does deflecting your pain onto others help you to cope?

Marvin49

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2gchidt4 said:
rlkats":2gchidt4 said:
Marvin49":2gchidt4 said:
peachesenregalia":2gchidt4 said:
Do they subtract the 6 games of 'time served'? I hope not, that was time in rehab, not voluntary suspension.

Anyway, this hurts the niners bigtime, with Bowman already out for at least half the season.

Total BS (not your post, the length of suspension). Unprecedented.

My guess is they took so long because they wanted to announce the Domestic Violence rule change before announcing this to slow down the "Aldon did what and Ray Rice did what?" arguments.

No getting around it. This hurts big time and may have just handed the NFC West to Seattle. Gratz. You very well could have won it anyway, but probably won't be hard now.

My question is why even say you are going to take rehab into account when you clearly aren't?

Just BS all around.

Marv I get your mad and confused I am questioning it to a point also. But there has to be some sort of hard line with these kids. If we were to commit these crimes do you think we would get 12 days in jail. No we would be down for a grip and lose our jobs. This dick head is costing us games while he is at home still a millionaire and don't have to do crap but play madden. Maybe there will be an appeal but hate to say it he deserves it.
The appeal already happened. The NFL never renders judgement until the appeal process is done and rejected.

Correct.

Cam Inman ‏@CamInman · 1m
As for lighter punishment for Aldon Smith through an appeal, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said in an email "The appeal process is concluded."

Looks like he'll get to remain around the team and attend meetings and such tho. That's good...the last thing he needs to to be on his own and away from the team for 2 months.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":2jdgb7yd said:
Marvin49":2jdgb7yd said:

That was a pretty webzonian comment, Marv. Does deflecting your pain onto others help you to cope?

Not sure I even know what you mean. Just seemed funny to me that he cherry picked that one time I said that when most of the time I've said something different.

Up until all of the Felonies were lowered, I thought 6-8 games.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
[/quote]
The appeal already happened. The NFL never renders judgement until the appeal process is done and rejected.[/quote]

Correct.

Cam Inman ‏@CamInman · 1m
As for lighter punishment for Aldon Smith through an appeal, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said in an email "The appeal process is concluded."

Looks like he'll get to remain around the team and attend meetings and such tho. That's good...the last thing he needs to to be on his own and away from the team for 2 months.[/quote]
Completely agree the boy needs structure and maybe this will be his wakeup call. I don't like watching supreme talent get flushed like it may in Josh Gordon's case.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":1bb99ca4 said:
Laloosh":1bb99ca4 said:

Not sure I even know what you mean. Just seemed funny to me that he cherry picked that one time I said that when most of the time I've said something different.

Up until all of the Felonies were lowered, I thought 6-8 games.

Here's another gem for us to laugh at . . .

Doubt it.

I was with you before, but now seeing that the felonies were knocked down to misdemeanors (something someone who shall remain nameless said would NOT happen) and he already missed 5 weeks last year for rehab and Goodell has already stated that rehab would be taken into account.

Plus it was always a sticky situation anyway....if he were living in Arizona he'd never have even been charged for the guns.

If I'm guessing...I'm gonna say 2 games is what he finally ends up serving after appeal.

I think Seattle fans need to brace themselves for very little if any suspension.

3886633-2559988948-37837.gif

rlkats

Reaction score
Laloosh":1f00lk0f said:
Marvin49":1f00lk0f said:

Marv is upset i get it. What mad me mad is the lack of fair penalty on all players. How many times did Josh Gordon get in trouble before his year long pop. And we beat the wife beater to death already. Goodell is using him as an example. Period.

So how's Marshawn was case going? Better be careful he might get 9 games but maybe he will get a raise. Who knows with Goodell. (YES LAST STATEMENT WAS FILLED WITH SARCASIME ) my point is Goodell has lost his way and he is attempting to dig his way out.

I have no sympathy for Aldon. I hate people who drink and drive. There is no place for them in society. I had a family member killed by a dui. So f him. If he get better cool but if he don't later dude