Aldon's suspension is nine games

Brahn

Reaction score
Marvin49":3rktvpjv said:
Hawk-Lock":3rktvpjv said:
49er forum is going crazy. They think Goodell absolutely has a target on the niners back. Maybe they should think about what Aldon has done in his short stint in the NFL

Possesion of Marijauana
DUI
Gun Charges
Bomb at Airport

How can you argue with the suspension. The guy is a moron.

For the 500th time, MJ was a false report. He was never charged because it was never there.

Bomb threat? According to Aldon, he never said bomb. No idea what was said, but he wasn't charged. He was only suspended for the DUI and guns...which I can see, but why say you are going to take rehab into account if you aren't. THATS the BS to me. That and the fact that I think its an overreaction to the negative attention the suspension of Rice brought to the league.

The case that he would use rehab is tossed out the window once Aldon started acting a fool. If Aldon wanted rehab to count maybe Aldon shouldn't of acted out of place until he met with the Commish. The guy cannot stay out of the news. And before we blame the media. Guess how many NFL players are not going through this. The media covers things when they come up. When your name comes up more than anyone else you will be a target.

In conclusion the suspension is long imo. But the fact he went to rehab should of played no part in it, as I hope it did.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Marvin49":2vyod7ye said:
Hawk-Lock":2vyod7ye said:
49er forum is going crazy. They think Goodell absolutely has a target on the niners back. Maybe they should think about what Aldon has done in his short stint in the NFL

Possesion of Marijauana
DUI
Gun Charges
Bomb at Airport

For the 500th time, MJ was a false report. He was never charged because it was never there.

Bomb threat? According to Aldon, he never said bomb. No idea what was said, but he wasn't charged. He was only suspended for the DUI and guns...which I can see, but why say you are going to take rehab into account if you aren't. THATS the BS to me. That and the fact that I think its an overreaction to the negative attention the suspension of Rice brought to the league.

Understood. But he puts himself in situations that he shouldn't be in. Regardless if he said the word "Bomb" at the airport, I'm sure he was doing something dumb and immature to get apprehended at the airport. Goodell never should have mentioned the rehab being taken into account, but I can't empathize with Smith. You do dumb shit, expect to be punished.

rlkats

Reaction score
Brahn":1t01r3zi said:
rlkats":1t01r3zi said:
So how's Marshawn was case going? Better be careful he might get 9 games but maybe he will get a raise. Who knows with Goodell. (YES LAST STATEMENT WAS FILLED WITH SARCASIME ) my point is Goodell has lost his way and he is attempting to dig his way out.

Sarcasm aside, Marshawn has still done far less in a much longer period of time.

Sarcasm aside, I see the need to try and justify it somehow

Sarcasm aside, just compare your boys issues in the last 3 season with ANY player.

Wow you missed the entire point. I am not justifying crap. Yes Marshawn has done way less yes aldon and he did a lot more than most players.

My point is there is no middle ground under with Goodell you never know what you get with him. I was not attacking poor Marshawn. I was being sarcastic to Goodell.

Brahn

Reaction score
In the words of the great one

Obey the Law - Chris Rock

Marvin49

Reaction score
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows · 2m
Roger Goodell when asked, in October, if the 5 games Aldon Smith served last year would be factored into ultimate discipline: “Certainly...

... ” Goodell said. “The issue here is not to discipline players. The issue here is to stop the behavior. And Aldon, to your point, has ...

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows · 1m
... 'I need help.' We are obviously there to support him, & the 49ers did a great job getting him into a facility to try to get that help...

"... And so we all support that. So, yes, it will be factor, for sure.”

Way to go Goodell. Way to support rehab. What a joke.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":1mgejf3x said:
hawknation2014":1mgejf3x said:
I'm going to guess the Niners go 5-4 through the first nine games.

:thirishdrinkers:

Gratz on the division.

I think we all know the Seahawks were going to win it anyway, just like last year.

It's not too late for you to join the good guys. You know you want to.

Brahn

Reaction score
rlkats":27sbeaum said:
Brahn":27sbeaum said:
rlkats":27sbeaum said:
So how's Marshawn was case going? Better be careful he might get 9 games but maybe he will get a raise. Who knows with Goodell. (YES LAST STATEMENT WAS FILLED WITH SARCASIME ) my point is Goodell has lost his way and he is attempting to dig his way out.

Sarcasm aside, Marshawn has still done far less in a much longer period of time.

Sarcasm aside, just compare your boys issues in the last 3 season with ANY player.

Wow you missed the entire point. I am not justifying crap. Yes Marshawn has done way less yes aldon did a lot more than most players.

My point is there is no middle quo under with Goodell you never know what you get with him. I was not attacking poor Marshawn. I was being sarcastic to Goodell.

And my point was worry about Niners when it pertains to Niners ala Aldon. Once you try to bring in a name not associated with the suspension you are using it for an agenda. You could of made the same point and left his name out. You did it trying to be sly.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":134v724k said:
MizzouHawkGal":134v724k said:
It's a big hit for sure but don't think for a minute the 49er's aren't still good for 11-12 wins this season.

idk about that, with Smith's suspension they now have half their defensive starters from last year gone, hurt or suspended.

Would you be confident in our D if half our starters were gone? SF's success is much like ours, predicated on stout defense. I'd be very worried if I was a SF fan trusting Kaeperstink to score 24-30 pts a game.
I don't know the team well enough to be entirely confident of that but they have a history of coming through when they are down. If that happened to us? Yes because I am quite confident we will be scoring 30+ a game this year and going foward.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":a0md8keo said:
Marvin49":a0md8keo said:
Hawk-Lock":a0md8keo said:

Possesion of Marijauana
DUI
Gun Charges
Bomb at Airport

Understood. But he puts himself in situations that he shouldn't be in. Regardless if he said the word "Bomb" at the airport, I'm sure he was doing something dumb and immature to get apprehended at the airport. Goodell never should have mentioned the rehab being taken into account, but I can't empathize with Smith. You do dumb shit, expect to be punished.

...and he should be punished.

More than half the season? Extreme.

Brahn

Reaction score
Marvin49":1t3o6ici said:
Roger Goodell when asked, in October, if the 5 games Aldon Smith served last year would be factored into ultimate discipline: “Certainly...

... ” Goodell said. “The issue here is not to discipline players. The issue here is to stop the behavior. And Aldon, to your point, has ...

... 'I need help.' We are obviously there to support him, & the 49ers did a great job getting him into a facility to try to get that help...

Should he still support rehab when it appears it had no effect? You have to want to be helped by rehab, anyone can just go to rehab. Should Aldon get leway for just showing up if he is still not showing any examples of it helping?

rehab is not drivers safety because you were speeding.

lucky49

Reaction score
i like how if aldon is playing, he only gets sacks because of justin smith but now he's suspended which means he's like the best pass rusher in the league and were gonna lose the division

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Marvin49":4cj3vket said:
Hawk-Lock":4cj3vket said:
Marvin49":4cj3vket said:
Hawk-Lock":4cj3vket said:

Possesion of Marijauana
DUI
Gun Charges
Bomb at Airport

It's very extreme. But guess what Marv. The world isn't fair. You do dumb shit and put yourself in a position to be treated unfairly, can you really complain. All this could have been avoided if he used his brain. Like I said before, I can't empathize with an idiot.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Brahn":1thddix0 said:
Marvin49":1thddix0 said:

Should he still support rehab when it appears it had no effect? You have to want to be helped by rehab, anyone can just go to rehab. Should Aldon get leway for just showing up if he is still not showing any examples of it helping?

???

Where do you get "it had no effect"?

The bomb threat that he wasn't charged for?

All reports are that he's in the best shape of his life and just had his best camp.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1he2z6y3 said:
Marvin49":1he2z6y3 said:
Hawk-Lock":1he2z6y3 said:
Marvin49":1he2z6y3 said:

It's very extreme. But guess what Marv. The world isn't fair. You do dumb shit and put yourself in a position to be treated unfairly, can you really complain. All this could have been avoided if he used his brain. Like I said before, I can't empathize with an idiot.

HE's not complaining.

I'm saying it's BS.

rlkats

Reaction score
Brahn":1do6q48n said:
rlkats":1do6q48n said:
Brahn":1do6q48n said:
rlkats":1do6q48n said:

Wow you missed the entire point. I am not justifying crap. Yes Marshawn has done way less yes aldon did a lot more than most players.

My point is there is no middle quo under with Goodell you never know what you get with him. I was not attacking poor Marshawn. I was being sarcastic to Goodell.

And my point was worry about Niners when it pertains to Niners ala Aldon. Once you try to bring in a name not associated with the suspension you are using it for an agenda. You could of made the same point and left his name out. You did it trying to be sly.

No I used his name and Gordons name as example those are the 2 off the top of my head. Which you nicely left out of the quote. To try to attack me and make it look like I was singling him out. Which I was not so chill out and read a bit. Do not read into it I'm not a guy that has an hidden meaning. I don't give a rats ass what happens to any player that does not have a niners logo on their uniform. So nice try bud.

Marvin49

Reaction score
lucky49":ipb55p54 said:
i like how if aldon is playing, he only gets sacks because of justin smith but now he's suspended which means he's like the best pass rusher in the league and were gonna lose the division

To be fair, its ME and not 'hawk fans who are saying the division is lost.

Only half mean it though...just frustrated.

Most 'hawk fans think they'd already won the division anyway.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Marvin49":7qw42qxk said:

He said all that then Aldon goes into an airport, reportedly drunk again saying bomb.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1lnpqo3m said:
Marvin49":1lnpqo3m said:
Brahn":1lnpqo3m said:
Marvin49":1lnpqo3m said:

???

Where do you get "it had no effect"?

The bomb threat that he wasn't charged for?

No, the bomb threat that he was arrested for and where he reportedly acted beligerent and uncooperative to the TSA agents. Seriously, why are you not understanding that part of it? After the rehab, ALdon was in the news again for reportedly acting like a dick at the airport, enough to get arrested by TSA agents. That's not exactly model behavior, is it?

LOL.

Right....so even though he wasn't charged and he was angry for being arrested (its on video BTW), that's enough to completely ignore rehab and assume it "had no effect".

According to Aldon, he hasn't had a drink since his DUI. We have no evidence otherwise. That would suggest that rehab worked.

Exittium

Reaction score
Not surprised. I expected as much when he announced the 6 for DV. DUI's especially a repeat offender like Aldon plus the additional crap he got in to.. Pretty fair and reasonable punishment. And I think Goodell is using aldon as an example. These last 2 seasons were riddled with players and coaches getting into some form of trouble. No better way to combat it then to start hammering down on people