Aldon's suspension is nine games

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
rideaducati":7jqt78yn said:
Marvin49":7jqt78yn said:
peachesenregalia":7jqt78yn said:
RolandDeschain":7jqt78yn said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/505445602562674688[/tweet]

Do they subtract the 6 games of 'time served'? I hope not, that was time in rehab, not voluntary suspension.

Anyway, this hurts the niners bigtime, with Bowman already out for at least half the season.

Total BS (not your post, the length of suspension). Unprecedented.

My guess is they took so long because they wanted to announce the Domestic Violence rule change before announcing this to slow down the "Aldon did what and Ray Rice did what?" arguments.

No getting around it. This hurts big time and may have just handed the NFC West to Seattle. Gratz. You very well could have won it anyway, but probably won't be hard now.

My question is why even say you are going to take rehab into account when you clearly aren't?

Just BS all around.

HANDED the division to the Seahawks? That was TAKEN by the better team last year.
I think he means the Niners won't even be able to put up a fight now but I could be wrong. I think it was the bomb threat that sealed his fate right or wrong. Ray Rice and Aldon Smith are two separate I stances and had Rice had done that now, he might have been suspended for the year.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2ri9or9r said:
Marvin49":2ri9or9r said:
Laloosh":2ri9or9r said:
Funny that you actually spent the time to find that tho.

That was a pretty webzonian comment, Marv. Does deflecting your pain onto others help you to cope?

Not sure I even know what you mean. Just seemed funny to me that he cherry picked that one time I said that when most of the time I've said something different.

Up until all of the Felonies were lowered, I thought 6-8 games.

Here's another gem for us to laugh at . . .

Doubt it.

I was with you before, but now seeing that the felonies were knocked down to misdemeanors (something someone who shall remain nameless said would NOT happen) and he already missed 5 weeks last year for rehab and Goodell has already stated that rehab would be taken into account.

Plus it was always a sticky situation anyway....if he were living in Arizona he'd never have even been charged for the guns.

If I'm guessing...I'm gonna say 2 games is what he finally ends up serving after appeal.

I think Seattle fans need to brace themselves for very little if any suspension.

3886633-2559988948-37837.gif

...and in your very own quote you are citing the part where I said they would apply the time he spent in rehab...as they said they would.

Laloosh

Reaction score
rlkats":1yh6hnca said:
Laloosh":1yh6hnca said:
Marvin49":1yh6hnca said:

That was a pretty webzonian comment, Marv. Does deflecting your pain onto others help you to cope?

Marv is upset i get it. What mad me mad is the lack of fair penalty on all players. How many times did Josh Gordon get in trouble before his year long pop. And we beat the wife beater to death already. Goodell is using him as an example. Period.

So how's Marshawn was case going? Better be careful he might get 9 games but maybe he will get a raise. Who knows with Goodell. (YES LAST STATEMENT WAS FILLED WITH SARCASIME ) my point is Goodell has lost his way and he is attempting to dig his way out.

I have no sympathy for Aldon. I hate people who drink and drive. There is no place for them in society. I had a family member killed by a dui. So f him. If he get better cool but if he don't later dude

I know Marv's upset. Just giving him a little kick while he's down. I was actually in agreement with Marvin when we were discussing a lot of this a while back (with regard to length of the suspension he'd receive) but don't tell him that I said that.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I'm going to guess the Niners go 5-4 through the first nine games.

:thirishdrinkers:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":2ixf1jzk said:
rlkats":2ixf1jzk said:
Laloosh":2ixf1jzk said:
Marvin49":2ixf1jzk said:

Marv is upset i get it. What mad me mad is the lack of fair penalty on all players. How many times did Josh Gordon get in trouble before his year long pop. And we beat the wife beater to death already. Goodell is using him as an example. Period.

So how's Marshawn was case going? Better be careful he might get 9 games but maybe he will get a raise. Who knows with Goodell. (YES LAST STATEMENT WAS FILLED WITH SARCASIME ) my point is Goodell has lost his way and he is attempting to dig his way out.

I have no sympathy for Aldon. I hate people who drink and drive. There is no place for them in society. I had a family member killed by a dui. So f him. If he get better cool but if he don't later dude

I know Marv's upset. Just giving him a little kick while he's down. I was actually in agreement with Marvin when we were discussing a lot of this a while back (with regard to length of the suspension he'd receive) but don't tell him that I said that.

No worries, he won't see it.

...wait, wha? :D

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't like it.

First of all, we now know why it took so long. Rog wanted to make his statement previous to the suspension and he used Smith as an example. That part i think is BS. Smith is paying for Goodell's poor judgment in the Rice situation.

On the other side, i can see where it is fair. Smith was convicted of 5 misdemeanor crimes. If they were really spread out over let's say 3 years, Smith would have missed at least 16 games as each instance was cumulative. I'm not saying he got off easy, only that this was not a single, nor double event. It was more than that. In that sense, he is lucky to be available for the playoffs.

Now... Can Smith make it a couple months without getting into MORE trouble?

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3al67o8y said:
I'm going to guess the Niners go 5-4 through the first nine games.

:thirishdrinkers:

Gratz on the division.

rlkats

Reaction score
Marv have faith bro. Last year we were without him for 5 games we went 5 and 0. So I'm pretty sure the club was and is very prepared for this.

Sherminator

Reaction score
Wow, this hurts.
Goodell is an idiot btw, no reason for the suspension to be 9 games.

Going to be tough to grab the NFC west but I think we still have a shot

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
49er forum is going crazy. They think Goodell absolutely has a target on the niners back. Maybe they should think about what Aldon has done in his short stint in the NFL

Possesion of Marijauana
DUI
Gun Charges
Bomb at Airport

How can you argue with the suspension. The guy is a moron.

Brahn

Reaction score
rlkats":mxnvvrr7 said:

Sarcasm aside, Marshawn has still done far less in a much longer period of time.

Sarcasm aside, I see the need to try and justify it somehow

Sarcasm aside, just compare your boys issues in the last 3 season with ANY player.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2hlf736j said:
I don't like it.

First of all, we now know why it took so long. Rog wanted to make his statement previous to the suspension and he used Smith as an example. That part i think is BS.

On the other side, i can see where it is fair. Smith was convicted of 5 misdemeanor crimes. If they were really spread out over let's say 3 years, Smith would have missed at least 16 games as each instance was cumulative. I'm not saying he got off easy, only that this was not a single, nor double event. It was more than that. In that sense, he is lucky to be available for the playoffs.

Now... Can Smith make it a couple months without getting into MORE trouble?

Completely agree on the bolded.

As for the rest, apparently it broke down to 4 games for the DUI and 5 games for the Gun charges.

At the very least, the 4 games should be reduced for going to rehab in the middle of the season last year.

The 5 games? That's fair. What signal though are you sending to players if you don't consider it when they try to help themselves. Stupid decision IMO.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":c4ge1v4y said:
hawknation2014":c4ge1v4y said:
Not sure I even know what you mean. Just seemed funny to me that he cherry picked that one time I said that when most of the time I've said something different.

Up until all of the Felonies were lowered, I thought 6-8 games.

Here's another gem for us to laugh at . . .

Doubt it.

I was with you before, but now seeing that the felonies were knocked down to misdemeanors (something someone who shall remain nameless said would NOT happen) and he already missed 5 weeks last year for rehab and Goodell has already stated that rehab would be taken into account.

Plus it was always a sticky situation anyway....if he were living in Arizona he'd never have even been charged for the guns.

If I'm guessing...I'm gonna say 2 games is what he finally ends up serving after appeal.

I think Seattle fans need to brace themselves for very little if any suspension.

3886633-2559988948-37837.gif

...and in your very own quote you are citing the part where I said they would apply the time he spent in rehab...as they said they would.

Circumstances change, Marv. Why don't you get that? If Aldon had kept his nose clean, the rehab might have made a difference. But he didn't . . . instead he decided he was going to embarrass the league (and his team!) by getting arrested as the airport for a bomb threat.

Let's review the facts. Two people were shot at his house party, and then he was caught with illegal firearms. He gets a 2nd DUI-- this time he was so drunk he smashed his car into tree with a BAC that was twice the legal limit. After rehab, he gets arrested a fourth time for the bomb threat. The person you should be mad at is Aldon Smith. He is the only person to blame for his behavior and just suspension.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
This is only ONE player. Combined with Bowman it does hurt the Niners, but the Niners will still be the twin brother of the Hawks that they are. They are the ONLY team like that, everyone else is the runt of the litter.

Brahn

Reaction score
Sherminator":2a29gryo said:
Wow, this hurts.
Goodell is an idiot btw, no reason for the suspension to be 9 games.

Going to be tough to grab the NFC west but I think we still have a shot

Easy fix, just pretend to be the Commish and fix everything!

I5tHz9M

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2plysmj1 said:
It's a big hit for sure but don't think for a minute the 49er's aren't still good for 11-12 wins this season.

idk about that, with Smith's suspension they now have half their defensive starters from last year gone, hurt or suspended.

Would you be confident in our D if half our starters were gone? SF's success is much like ours, predicated on stout defense. I'd be very worried if I was a SF fan trusting Kaeperstink to score 24-30 pts a game.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2w1dynmo said:
49er forum is going crazy. They think Goodell absolutely has a target on the niners back. Maybe they should think about what Aldon has done in his short stint in the NFL

Possesion of Marijauana
DUI
Gun Charges
Bomb at Airport

How can you argue with the suspension. The guy is a moron.

For the 500th time, MJ was a false report. He was never charged because it was never there.

Bomb threat? According to Aldon, he never said bomb. No idea what was said, but he wasn't charged. He was only suspended for the DUI and guns...which I can see, but why say you are going to take rehab into account if you aren't. THATS the BS to me. That and the fact that I think its an overreaction to the negative attention the suspension of Rice brought to the league.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":11pacjju said:
MizzouHawkGal":11pacjju said:
It's a big hit for sure but don't think for a minute the 49er's aren't still good for 11-12 wins this season.

idk about that, with Smith's suspension they now have half their defensive starters from last year gone, hurt or suspended.

Would you be confident in our D if half our starters were gone? SF's success is much like ours, predicated on stout defense. I'd be very worried if I was a SF fan trusting Kaeperstink to score 24-30 pts a game.

...well they did so 10 times last year mostly with no Michael Crabtree and a hobbled Vernon Davis.