Alex Collins............143 all purpose yards

Seymour

Reaction score
RCATES":2uz76yzl said:
Seymour":2uz76yzl said:
hawkfan68":2uz76yzl said:
FlyHawksFly":2uz76yzl said:
He is in more fumble away from being benched.

Not sure where you are getting that he has a fumbling issue. He's only fumbled twice this season. That's only one more than Rawls has. So fumbling is a non-issue, IMO. Collins has 478 yards rushing and leads the NFL in ypc. He's definitely been more productive than any Seahawk running back this season.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3046409/alex-collins

He has been more productive than Rawls, Procise and Lacy COMBINED, and Baltimore is one of the leagues worst offenses (#31). :pukeface:

Exactly. Has nothing to do with the line. Hawks messed up. Simple as that. Ravens literally had no passing game after halftime when Flacco went out. Miami stacked the box and still didn't have a answer for Collins. He was our next Lynch. Sigh............. :34853_doh:

It has everything to do with the line. Collins was beat out by those same players and had just as poor of production while he was here. Nobody runs through brick walls every play and gets any reasonable production.

AustrianHawk

Reaction score
You can't always judge a decision based on the information that you've gathered over time, but to the point when the decision was made.
Rawls, Lacy, Carson and Prosise was a fine RB unit, features a lot of different types of RBs that are all at least very good. Adding another one that was more of a gamble just didn't make sense back there.

Also, another important point is that we all have no idea how he would've done behind Seattle's OL that was even worse at run blocking than at pass protection this season.

Exittium

Reaction score
Maybe he just didn't like it here? Maybe he just didn't want to be here? "Shrug" that's my 2 cents

OP
OP
R

RCATES

Reaction score
Seymour":2lz1b4gu said:
RCATES":2lz1b4gu said:
Seymour":2lz1b4gu said:
hawkfan68":2lz1b4gu said:
Not sure where you are getting that he has a fumbling issue. He's only fumbled twice this season. That's only one more than Rawls has. So fumbling is a non-issue, IMO. Collins has 478 yards rushing and leads the NFL in ypc. He's definitely been more productive than any Seahawk running back this season.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3046409/alex-collins

He has been more productive than Rawls, Procise and Lacy COMBINED, and Baltimore is one of the leagues worst offenses (#31). :pukeface:

Exactly. Has nothing to do with the line. Hawks messed up. Simple as that. Ravens literally had no passing game after halftime when Flacco went out. Miami stacked the box and still didn't have a answer for Collins. He was our next Lynch. Sigh............. :34853_doh:

It has everything to do with the line. Collins was beat out by those same players and had just as poor of production while he was here. Nobody runs through brick walls every play and gets any reasonable production.

So basically you're just verifying my original assessment. Hawks have no clue what they're doing on offense. Having the wrong players and scheme on the Offensive line is not Collins fault. How many years will it take for this staff to realize prime Lynch is gone. Its no wonder everyone outside of Seattle questions this teams ability to go far this year. They literally have no running game. Hopefully this offense can turn into the 2013 Bronco's. Otherwise we're screwed.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
RCATES":28o8p9cj said:
Seymour":28o8p9cj said:
RCATES":28o8p9cj said:
Seymour":28o8p9cj said:

So basically you're just verifying my original assessment. Hawks have no clue what they're doing on offense. Having the wrong players and scheme on the Offensive line is not Collins fault. How many years will it take for this staff to realize prime Lynch is gone. Its no wonder everyone outside of Seattle questions this teams ability to go far this year. They literally have no running game. Hopefully this offense can turn into the 2013 Bronco's. Otherwise we're screwed.

You mean in order to win you have to have both the number one defense and the number one offense?

I don't think we have to morph into the 2013 Broncos to go to a SB. I think we need to stay relatively healthy. Our defense is awesome. Our Special teams are awesome. Our Offense has Wilson. We'll be fine with even a mediocre line. We just need them to get to mediocre.

OP
OP
R

RCATES

Reaction score
Mad Dog":12wux10u said:
RCATES":12wux10u said:
Seymour":12wux10u said:
RCATES":12wux10u said:

You mean in order to win you have to have both the number one defense and the number one offense?

I don't think we have to morph into the 2013 Broncos to go to a SB. I think we need to stay relatively healthy. Our defense is awesome. Our Special teams are awesome. Our Offense has Wilson. We'll be fine with even a mediocre line. We just need them to get to mediocre.

Not at all. I was speaking of the style the Bronco's played that year. Basically throwing the ball 80% of the time. The last 3 games its worked. But late in the season when the temps drop becoming one dimensional and not being able to run the football is going to spell trouble fast.

getnasty

Reaction score
Enough with Alex Collins he was a dud here. We didn't mess up because he's playing well, he's playing well because he got a wake up call and his OL is better then our OL. For the last 2 years he's looked like the 5th best back on the roster at best, literally 1 person(ACFan) went to bat for him on this board. Personally I still think he looks like a dud but that's probably just me being a hater. We could have hung on to him and he would have been the Justin Smoak of the Seahawks.

Seymour

Reaction score
RCATES":2e2j0yrp said:
Seymour":2e2j0yrp said:
RCATES":2e2j0yrp said:
Seymour":2e2j0yrp said:

Yes, I would say that is pretty much accurate.

tumblr_ndy1560HXA1t16xnbo1_1280.jpg

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Two things going on here with AC.

1) Ravens have actually been a good run blocking team so far this year. They're at the bottom of the league in total offense because Flacco has been A W F U L. Take a look at his stats and look at the hand wringing going on with Ravens fans.
2) Collins looks like he's slimmed down a little bit and is noticeably quicker.

He was absolutely buried on our depth chart and rightfully so. Seriously, the only RB on our roster that I would even read an argument for being cut instead of AC is Prosise -- and that's because Prosise has been injured for 90+% of his time here and hindsight is 20/20.

The hand-wringing and blind "der our offense is bad, evaluating offensive talent is bad, coaches are bad" is lazy and lacks much needed perspective.

ivotuk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2cnhc0y3 said:
Watched. He ran a straight line many times and didn't get touched between 11 and 15 yards on each run. He had acouple good runs though.

This is the same reason why y'all thought Rawls was life in 2015. If big running lanes are there, any NFL RB can take advantage of them...with varrying downfield success. The mark of a good or great RB is creating. Not following a lane on a string that is provided for you where the bl8cking is perfect.

Truth.

Running lanes have been non-existent here. But they are improving.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":3q0me70f said:
Two things going on here with AC.

1) Ravens have actually been a good run blocking team so far this year. They're at the bottom of the league in total offense because Flacco has been A W F U L. Take a look at his stats and look at the hand wringing going on with Ravens fans.
2) Collins looks like he's slimmed down a little bit and is noticeably quicker.

He was absolutely buried on our depth chart and rightfully so. Seriously, the only RB on our roster that I would even read an argument for being cut instead of AC is Prosise -- and that's because Prosise has been injured for 90+% of his time here and hindsight is 20/20.

The hand-wringing and blind "der our offense is bad, evaluating offensive talent is bad, coaches are bad" is lazy and lacks much needed perspective.
Lacy was an obvious cut for me. I scratched my head when we signed him the first place. In the words of of Barkley he is TURRIBLE.
Never thought much of him at Green Bay either. I get they wanted to add competition but man what an overpay for a mediocre talent at best.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
getnasty":3ba3tyxi said:
Enough with Alex Collins he was a dud here. We didn't mess up because he's playing well, he's playing well because he got a wake up call and his OL is better then our OL. For the last 2 years he's looked like the 5th best back on the roster at best, literally 1 person(ACFan) went to bat for him on this board. Personally I still think he looks like a dud but that's probably just me being a hater. We could have hung on to him and he would have been the Justin Smoak of the Seahawks.
Totally agree!

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Aros":2fporc88 said:
I must admit I have to eat crow on Collins. I didn't think he was worth the roster spot. Boy was I wrong. He just never looked like much in the carries he had with us.
I think I point this out every couple of months, but I love your avatar.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Eh. He was aiight. Miami did a terrible job tackling and putting themselves out of position. I'm happy he's doing well for himself but if they had to do it over again, I would still hope they would keep who they have. MAYBE trade places with Lacy. Carson is our future.

mrblitz

Reaction score
it was pretty obvious... collins never got much of a chance here, and bringing lacy in was a mistake.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
mrblitz":m24tl0dz said:
it was pretty obvious... collins never got much of a chance here, and bringing lacy in was a mistake.

He got a lot of chances here... obviously our OL just really suck.. I wonder how good Rawls or Carson could be in another team.

Nice game by Collins again.