All white helmet

muxpux

Reaction score
Uniforms ARE allowed, just has to be the same helmet. Basically what teams are doing is removing/swapping decals. If we wore our throwbacks we'd have to wear our normal helmets.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Seems like they could just Shrink wrap some silver film on the helmets and put the new(old) bird stickers on that.

There's some smart people over at Nike that could figure this out.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I don't think nike makes the helmets, or paints them.

Basis4day

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":32g8fpci said:
Does that rule include throwbacks?

That's the point of the rule. The NFL wants players to wear the same actual helmet that has been fitted to them for the entire season as a safety measure. They don't want a one off helmet ala the White NE helmets fitting improperly because it wasn't adjusted properly.

I had somewhat assumed the helmets were swapped out throughout the year through normal wear and tear.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
So they are trying to tell us that in a league that has revenues numbering in the BILLIONS, they are unable to size the players for an additional helmet? Alrighty then. Good enough for me. :roll:

BocciHawk

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3gkak3lr said:
So they are trying to tell us that in a league that has revenues numbering in the BILLIONS, they are unable to size the players for an additional helmet? Alrighty then. Good enough for me. :roll:

I coach youth football (this year mostly 13 year olds) and I can tell you that through the season there is constant tweaking and adjusting of helmets. It is especially acute the first two or three weeks of the season. It's not uncommon to make five or more adjustments in the first week. Once the helmet is dialed in adjustments are rare, but they have to break in and be adjusted properly to the individual. It gets to the point that the player KNOWS when the helmet is coming out of adjustment i.e. needs more air, has a screw loose, or the chin strap has stretched out a bit.

If the player was forced to wear a brand new helmet -- even if it was the same exact style, size, etc -- for one game, there would be problems, for sure. This would even be true if they wore it in practice during the week... hell, many injuries these days seem to happen in practice.

So I agree with a previous poster, the only way we'd get a silver throwback helmet is if there was a way to take a shrink wrap silver and put it on the helmet... not impossible, but not trivial either.

"This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other."

Substitute "helmet" for "rifle" and you get the idea...

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
BocciHawk":13me3v8e said:
oldhawkfan":13me3v8e said:

I coach youth football (this year mostly 13 year olds) and I can tell you that through the season there is constant tweaking and adjusting of helmets. It is especially acute the first two or three weeks of the season. It's not uncommon to make five or more adjustments in the first week. Once the helmet is dialed in adjustments are rare, but they have to break in and be adjusted properly to the individual. It gets to the point that the player KNOWS when the helmet is coming out of adjustment i.e. needs more air, has a screw loose, or the chin strap has stretched out a bit.

If the player was forced to wear a brand new helmet -- even if it was the same exact style, size, etc -- for one game, there would be problems, for sure. This would even be true if they wore it in practice during the week... hell, many injuries these days seem to happen in practice.

So I agree with a previous poster, the only way we'd get a silver throwback helmet is if there was a way to take a shrink wrap silver and put it on the helmet... not impossible, but not trivial either.

"This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other."

Substitute "helmet" for "rifle" and you get the idea...

Well times have certainly changed. Back when I played, you tried on a helmet. If it went over your head and wasn't too big or too small, it was yours for the season. No wonder players are soft! I'm sorry, what was I saying? Too many blows to an inaccurately sized helmet!

LAMike1

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":255xitfq said:
Does that rule include throwbacks?
Wait a minute... When the Buccaneers wear those "creamsicles", don't they wear the "swishy pirate" helmets with them? I think they're even supposed to do it again this year...

Basis4day

Reaction score

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Looks nice, but if we do go with an alternate at some point and time, I think a sliver option would be better.

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
Couldn't they just pull the decal off and repaint for a throwback game? Do it the week before a bye. Or would that be against the rules?

CANHawk

Reaction score
I think the white helmet looks like ass. The matte black with the "carbon fiber" is the best helmet in the league IMO.