Alvin Bailey NOT tendered

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
He didn't do any worse than Okung. One could make an argument that he played better. Many defend Okung by saying he plays well when he's not hurt. He didn't get hurt till the end of the season this year, no excuse now. Bailey, I think gives us some depth, Okung is probably going to be paid a top tier contract when at best he is mid tier.

Maybe both should hit the road, chalk it up as a spent cost and we move on and find quality football players.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1v4ubvkv said:
To me, it's a little strange that we draft all these guys who are established as big, fat anchors in college and then are surprised when they don't physically look like J.R. Sweezy within 12 months. I know these guys are supposed to be pros, but when you read the same story over and over again about guys getting thrown in the doghouse due to weight, maybe it's not really an issue with the players.

The guy played well in his rookie season at whatever weight he was drafted at. Then the coaches harp on the fact that there's something wrong with him, and he hasn't looked like the same player ever since. Bailey is not the first (or second, or third, or fourth) player who's had this story written about him in the Cable era. This is a trend.

Point well taken. Empirical data is not working in Cable's favor. That still doesn't excuse Bailey for not meeting weight, as directed. There is a motivational issue here. The dude looks like he has potato sacks wrapped around his mid section. Even Carp shed weight when he was no longer plagued with injuries. There is a difference.