Am I a bad Seahawks fan if...

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
I have a lot of friends and family who are almost as diehard for the whiners as I am for the Seahawks. Like, my nephew is a great dude, serving his 20 in the Air Force, and has never seen his team win it all. That said, my love for family and friends is greater than my ire for the whiners and many of their fans and would be happy for them to get the experience I had with SBXLVIII... and they know it.

But I'll still laugh at them if they lose. :lol:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
olyfan63":3spez8fl said:
The 49ers play a brand of ball that has lots in common with the Seahawks approach to the game, and there has been a lot of cross-pollination between the two franchises in terms of coaches and players. (Pete Carroll is a product of Bill Walsh's mentorship) I've enjoyed my interactions with most of the 49er fans in the NFL Nation forum, and I just don't see the need to put energy into "hating" any one team or fanbase.

The 49ers play an appealing, run-oriented smash-mouth style of football and have that terrific D-Line that pressures and sacks opposing QBs. They have some players I just have to admire for their skills, heart, and toughness. Kittle, Deebo, Bosa, Armstead, Greenlaw, among others. I confess I might root just a little for JimmyG to do well and NOT screw it up beyond repair. I still remember that brilliant pick Dre Greenlaw had off Russell Wilson. I've always admired the Shanahan coaching/playing style, going back to papa Mike and the Elway Broncos and their big-time running game with Terrell Davis that finally broke through and won a Super Bowl, and Kyle brings elements of that to his coaching.

Seahawks are out; let's celebrate good football where we see it, and both Rams and 49ers have played some great ball to get where they are, in the NFCCG.

We've seen so much of the Rams and their rise, and have to admire a lot of their players and coaching too. Pete Carroll agrees, having brough Shane Waldon over as our new OC. That Rams D... as good as I've seen in the NFL the last few years. And how can you not love Cooper Kupp? OK, if you're a Bucs fan the Kupp love might be limited right now.
Pete Carroll is absolutely not "a product of Bill Walsh's mentorship". In fact, Pete Carroll has NEVER even coached on the same team as Bill Walsh. When Carroll was the DC of the 49ers, Walsh was already gone from the 49ers. Carroll coached under George Seifert from 95-96 as DC of the 49ers.

Pete Carroll comes from the Bud Grant coaching tree and many of his philosophies were inspired by Bud Grant. In fact, Grant is still his mentor and they still keep in close contact. When Wilson was struggling this season, Carroll even reached out to Bud Grant for advice since Tarkenton played under him.

LTH

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1hpik0sk said:
olyfan63":1hpik0sk said:
The 49ers play a brand of ball that has lots in common with the Seahawks approach to the game, and there has been a lot of cross-pollination between the two franchises in terms of coaches and players. (Pete Carroll is a product of Bill Walsh's mentorship) I've enjoyed my interactions with most of the 49er fans in the NFL Nation forum, and I just don't see the need to put energy into "hating" any one team or fanbase.

The 49ers play an appealing, run-oriented smash-mouth style of football and have that terrific D-Line that pressures and sacks opposing QBs. They have some players I just have to admire for their skills, heart, and toughness. Kittle, Deebo, Bosa, Armstead, Greenlaw, among others. I confess I might root just a little for JimmyG to do well and NOT screw it up beyond repair. I still remember that brilliant pick Dre Greenlaw had off Russell Wilson. I've always admired the Shanahan coaching/playing style, going back to papa Mike and the Elway Broncos and their big-time running game with Terrell Davis that finally broke through and won a Super Bowl, and Kyle brings elements of that to his coaching.

Seahawks are out; let's celebrate good football where we see it, and both Rams and 49ers have played some great ball to get where they are, in the NFCCG.

We've seen so much of the Rams and their rise, and have to admire a lot of their players and coaching too. Pete Carroll agrees, having brough Shane Waldon over as our new OC. That Rams D... as good as I've seen in the NFL the last few years. And how can you not love Cooper Kupp? OK, if you're a Bucs fan the Kupp love might be limited right now.
Pete Carroll is absolutely not "a product of Bill Walsh's mentorship". In fact, Pete Carroll has NEVER even coached on the same team as Bill Walsh. When Carroll was the DC of the 49ers, Walsh was already gone from the 49ers. Carroll coached under George Seifert from 95-96 as DC of the 49ers.

Pete Carroll comes from the Bud Grant coaching tree and many of his philosophies were inspired by Bud Grant. In fact, Grant is still his mentor and they still keep in close contact. When Wilson was struggling this season, Carroll even reached out to Bud Grant for advice since Tarkenton played under him.

Bill Walsh was a consultant for the 49ers in 95 and 96 when Carroll was D coordinator and created a deep relationship with Pete Carroll in many different aspects of coaching and football philosophy.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/8/9/323 ... te-carroll

But it is true that he Bud Grant as well as many others like Monte Kiffin and George Seifert have been mentors for Pete Carroll.

LTH

balakoth

Reaction score
Welshers":134rdldc said:
I'm kind of pulling for the 49ers to win it all? I hate their fans as much as anybody but the guys on their team are honestly pretty likeable. We already own them head to head anyway. Plus I think it would be funny if they decided they had to keep Jimmy because they won it all. Would be good for us. Plus they would get the last pick in the draft.

Yes.. you should be pulling for the Bengals