An interesting question, your ten favorite non-Seahawks players

Threedee

Reaction score
I like really old school players when compiling these lists, so, mine would include Jim Brown.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Earl Campbell......Is the unquestioned #1 on my list. Unquestioned!

All other entrants are in a random order:

Barry Sanders.....How could anyone not enjoy watching him
Jerry Rice...........The GOAT so don't come at me with "but, but.... rules" BS.
Warren Moon......He played for my hometown team in the CFL so rules also don't count
Joe Montana.......He was a mythical figure & must watch TV every Sunday.
Mike Singletary...How could you not like the intensity he brought?
Lynn Swann........I was an Houston Oilers fan @ the time but he was unreal.
Randy Moss........You can't deny his greatness.
Brett Favre.........Every game was an adventure & entertaining.
Walter Payton.....I usually never care but I was happy for him when he got his SB.

I just have to say I was the biggest Earl Campbell fanboy & nobody likes tough runners more than me & I absolutely loved Marshawn Lynch but even he didn't compare when it came to toughness.

That being said, I just can't wrap my head around the HATE Shaun Alexander gets on this board. It's mind boggling to me.

Last edited:

Superbowl 48

Reaction score
This was a difficult list to come up with, but every single one of these guys are legends.

Walter Payton
Drew Brees
Chris Pronger
Shaquille Oneil
Kurt Cobain
Krist Novoselic
Dave Grohl
Danny Macaskill
Scott Stevens
Zdeno Chara

Boohman14

Reaction score
My top 10 non-Seahawks players

1. Bert Jones QB Baltimore Colts. Ahead of his time. He would have dominated in this era with QB protections in the rules.

2. Lester Hayes CB Oakland/LA Raiders. I hated him but he was such a great corner. I got to meet him at a charity event. Very nice man, had a lot of Steve Largent stories. He said Largent was impossible to cover. He said all the talk about Largent being slow as crap. He said Largent was quick and had almost no indicators on the direction of his routs.

3. George Kittle TE Satin's Team. I wanna hate him but dang the guy's just fun to watch. A threat to score anytime he has the ball. Seems to always be having fun.

4. Brian Urlacher. LB Bears. Speed and power intimidation. Great linebacker on some so-so teams. He would have looked great in Seahawk Blue. Pasco boy to boot.

5. Earl Campbell RB Oilers/Saints Just a power back with break away speed and a load to bring down.

6. Steve Smith WR Carolina/Baltimore. Big play receiver with a major chip. Pound for pound probably the toughest man on the field. I always thought Doug Baldwin played with a similar style.

7. John Hannah, G New England Patriots. Just a fast powerful guard that never seemed to get tired. In the 4th quarter he was a force.

8. Dave Casper, TE Oakland/LA Raiders. If Steve Largent were a Tight end....The guy caught everything no matter how poorly thrown. I've never been a Raider fan but I had to admire his play making. Seemed like he was always wide open.

9. John Riggins Jets, Washington RS, Just a tough tough runner. Wore down defenses much like Marshawn Lynch. Seemed to be having fun and always seemed to be annoying coach Gibbs, an added bonus.

10. Eric Dickerson Rams, Colts. Probably the best back I'd seen in terms of taking over a game. Quick, fast and powerful. He should have stayed with the Rams and found another stream of income in LA. He would have owned the record books.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Randy White
Jack Youngblood
Walt Garrison
John Randle*
Earl Campbell
Reggie White
Deacon Jones
Bo Jackson
Lawrence Taylor
Eric Dickerson

Last edited:

Mase

Reaction score
-- Mike Singletary
-- Derrick Thomas
-- Patrick Willis
-- Ronnie Lott
-- Cornelius Bennett
-- Steve Atwater
-- Derrick Brooks
-- Bruce Smith
-- Reggie White
-- Alvin Mack

Yeah, I know this is way late, but it explains why I am sensitive to claims that LBs don't matter anymore...

Mase

Latest posts