And More News On The Broncos...

Throwdown

Reaction score
Honest question, how long til those injury riddled players they signed and are gonna rely heavily on get hurt?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
They had motivation last year after getting embarrassed at home by the Ravens the year prior and then had the easiest schedule in the league to boot.

There's also the frustration factor. How did revenge work for NO's?

Seattle's schedule last year was tough and teams were already gunning for us.

We also showed what happens to Denvr r and Manning when you take away the YAC. Lets see if other teams can do the same now that we gave them a blue print and this years schedule won't be like last years for Denver.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":bn3pw77y said:
Old QB's who have huge seasons with a new team fall off the cliff... they either plummet statistically and miss the playoffs or get hurt the next year during the season or in the playoffs.

Moon with the Seahawks
Farve with the Vikings
Montana with the Chiefs
Bledsoe with the Bills
Warner with the Cardinals

Never in the history of the NFL has an Old QB (35+) had a huge year and then repeated similar results.

The best Manning can hope for is a Warner like year followed by knockout in the second round of the playoffs.

Done and done.

This year is Tom Brady's last "hurrah" He is going to have a fabulous year and lead his Patriots to the Superbowl where they will put on a better showing vs. the Seahawks, but still lose.

And then "can he do it again" NO!

Next year he falls off the cliff.

So it is written, so it shall be done.

;)

So does Manning's 2012 not count as a huge season?

4600 yds 68% completion 37 TD's 11 INT's 105 QBR

chris98251

Reaction score
Well the NFL is doing it's best to create a no touch window for the receivers this year so he can look good again.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I'm not buying into the whole target thing as a reason for Seattle to fall to anyone. EVERYONE was gunning for the Hawks last year and they withstood that target. There was a lot of Seahawks hype preseason and they lived up to it even without Harvin, a big part of the offensive line, Browner and Thurmond for 4+ games.

The Donkos are in deep shit when they come here. This isn't in Jersey, it is in the Clink and that is going to play hell with the Donks.

I don't care who they picked up, that team has a lot of age and now they have little continuity. They play the Hawks early, long before they have ironed out their kinks, that they will most certainly have. They added defense, but they will still be close to the same offense. Beast Mode is going to want to get those yards he didn't get in the Super Bowl too.

That game is going to be a thrashing, the Hawks are going to so jacked to back up their SB win that they will be extra prepared for anything Manning could do.

ivotuk

Reaction score
35 is a stupid motivator. Let's constantly remind ourself that we got our asses kicked. As soon as someone has an injury, depression will set in and they will mumble "35" as they cry in their sleep.

As soon as Peyton throws a couple ducks, somebody will gripe "53" under their breath knowing that's what they'll get beat by if Osweiller is the starting QB.

John Fox will be yelling "3.5!" because that's what their ypa rushing will be once Montee Ball gets hurt.

The defensive line coach will be muttering "350..." because that's what Pot Roast will balloon up to, and beyond.

And the offensive coaching will be up to "3:50" AM trying to put together a winning game plan for QB Zac Dysert and RB Kapri Bibbs.

BASF

Reaction score
The original premise of the motivation by a humiliating loss on the biggest stage is something the Broncos have endured before. The season after their huge loss to the Redskins they went 8-8. The season after their huge loss to the 49ers they went 5-11.

The problem for the Broncos going into this season will be the same problem that the Rams faced when they lost to the Patriots. Everyone got to see how to slow down that vaunted offense. No one has our personnel, but they can do some of the things we did to make Peyton and company less effective than they were last season. Now, I don't think that anyone in the AFC West did enough this offseason to keep the Broncos from making the playoffs, so I doubt their record will drop as dramatically as the past would indicate, but I do expect that the playoffs will see them face teams that are better prepared to implement our game plan against them.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Other teams won't be able to just copy us. We were uniquely suited to face Denver because we were able to get consistent pressure with our front four alone and we have a back seven that can cover very, very well overall. (We can't forget how well our linebackers did at removing Peyton's dump-off options. Well done, guys.)

kobebryant

Reaction score
Dwelling on one embarrassing loss in February is a good way to ensure that Andrew Luck tears you a new one come week 1.

youngchew

Reaction score
Laloosh":3bh1sb3b said:
Without a deep threat, DEN has to establish a running game to win. We shall see.

FYI, the Broncos picked up Emmanuel Sanders this off-season to replace Eric Decker. Sanders is the fastest starting receiver on the team. Denver didn't have a deep threat at all last year, but Sanders instantly gave them one when he arrived.

The only question now is, does Peyton have the arm strength to get him the ball downfield LOL

Laloosh

Reaction score
If you want a laugh, starts about 12 minutes into the podcast.

The Drive hour 3 - 7/31/14
It's 5pm on The Drive and the guys continue to break down today's practice. Alfred shares with Dmac a conspiracy theory of his that the Seahawks had all of Manning's line checks before the Super Bowl. We play our interview with Broncos DT Terrance Knighton.

http://www.1043thefan.com/podcasts/Epis ... x?PID=1623

Basically, a former Denver DE believes that Paul Allen has a team of super geeks mapping Manning's line calls to his plays. He then proceeds to provide examples of how he was able to do the same thing for several plays in just one morning of listening to sound from the games (not so much). Yet he still believes that only SEA was capable of doing so because of Paul Allen.

Laloosh

Reaction score
youngchew":3i0lpn6i said:
Laloosh":3i0lpn6i said:
Without a deep threat, DEN has to establish a running game to win. We shall see.

FYI, the Broncos picked up Emmanuel Sanders this off-season to replace Eric Decker. Sanders is the fastest starting receiver on the team. Denver didn't have a deep threat at all last year, but Sanders instantly gave them one when he arrived.

The only question now is, does Peyton have the arm strength to get him the ball downfield LOL

I failed to articulate that the Manning portion was the premise of my argument.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Damn! People keep using the "target on their backs" as a reason for the Seahawks to fall... Do they all forget that the Seahawks have bullets too? :snack:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
rideaducati":2ha2r506 said:
Damn! People keep using the "target on their backs" as a reason for the Seahawks to fall... Do they all forget that the Seahawks have bullets too? :snack:

They seem to forget we had that same target on our backs last year. Truth is I think it caught us off guard a couple of games but that is all part of the learning curve. There is just as good a chance now that we are more prepared for every game for the same reason. If we learned a lesson from last year some of these games could get ugly real fast.

rideaducati

Reaction score
byau":9owcp4ur said:
BlueTalon":9owcp4ur said:
byau":9owcp4ur said:
my original point was that from the article, and from others similar to that all throughout the offseason, it seems there is also a sense of pain and shame going on with the Broncos. And something like that at the highest level can drive you even farther.
Or it could burrow into your skull and build a nest in your brain. I think they're setting themselves up for a huge collapse, to be honest.

Very true. I agree. It could really go either way.

For me, what makes me think they will do really well is that this is the highest level of competition. To get to this level players have to overcome ..well, I can't even imagine. Besides being superior athletes, there is a level of competitiveness these guys have to have that I doubt I can fathom.

For one game, yes I can see where it would down you - and they couldn't recover during the Super Bowl. The same thing was said about the Spurs last year after they blew game 6 (what was it, 5 point lead in 31 seconds?). A lot of sports personalities thought... no way Spurs come back in game 7 after that.

But given an offseason to think about it, let it sink in, etc.etc.. my thinking is at that highest championship level, it will turn them for a huge uprising, not a huge collapse

But I wouldn't be surprised if they collapsed to your point

First of all, I think the whole "35" motivation is exactly the wrong idea for preparation, about as wrong as turning the noise down during practice before the Super Bowl.

Same point... I think it can drive you either way. Pointing back to the Spurs, while they did not let people know in public, after it was all over this past season, you finally saw some of those inklings that the previous year's loss to the Miami Heat drove them. It's not that the Spurs wanted to win the championship, they wanted to beat Miami. They wanted to take back what they felt was theirs.

Anyway: I think we agree that this kind of thing will drive you completely one way or the other, success or failure, we just disagree - I think it will drive them closer to success this year, you think it will drive them to implosion

Fair enough yes? Be interested to see which one of us wins the prize :D

The big difference between the donkos and spurs is that the spurs were actually really close to winning the championship the year before. What the Seahawks did to the donkos would be like the Heat having won four games to none the year before.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2756lwyb said:
I was just parading my before season prediction that Manning would fall off the cliff this year...

I got laughed at -- and derided. It's only fair that I get to gloat a little bit. ;)

With that avatar? Gloat all you want but keep each gloat in separate post's so the avatar stays in view.

Nice prediction by the way.

Latest posts