Another possible reach??

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
NOTE: This post has been deleted 5/22/20, ------- this comes after multiple unprovoked attacks on me by the asshole acer1240. I will never post here again. This site has officially gone to hell & I'll never return.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":6jz5gkj8 said:
It seems to me that PC/JS (after their recent purge of the team) have developed their draft prospect evaluation process to include a lot more of off-field factors in particular the players mental state, will to win, love of the game, grit, knowledge of the game, etc. - Unfortunately we fans aren't always privy to things like player interviews, college coaches input & knowledge of football smarts, not to mention a bunch of traing camp practice time fans don't see.

I would guess that "some" of the players passed on by the Seahawks in the drafts in the 1-st round in particular, fall into a category where the Seahawks proceed with caution. That category would include: medical risks/history, poor football mentality, scheme and/or locker room fit, etc. Some of those characteristics MAY have been evident in a few players that they have "passed on" in previous draft, we fans will likely never know much about this kind of stuff. Additionally, hindsight isn't always exactly perfect.
:smilingalien:

Totally agree. You never know the red flags scouts have on the players you love out of college. Some of the red flags won't be career altering and some will. But fans just love to play the "I knew this guy would be good, why didn't we pick him" card.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":3apgdyzo said:
Chrome_Seahawk":3apgdyzo said:
We currently have an embarrassment of riches at the DE spot with the trade for Clowney and Ansah returning this week - Collier is a full participant in practice, but no need to rush him back. We had other roster spots we needed depth at, so Collier didn't get the nod this week.

Me thinks thou dost protest/complain too much ;)

Penny may have been a bit of a reach, but he's shown good burst when in space.....we just have not used him very well situationaly.

And I get the complaint about Carson's fumbles...but most have been great punchouts on nice runs by Carson....I think he needs to find a way to hold onto and control those, but I honestly think that most backs in the NFL fumble on those punch-outs.

Do we???

That "embarrasment of riches" got us ZERO SACKS and ZERO PRESSURES against Teddy 2 gloves. :roll:
LOL, And you're thinking what, Collier might have showed up Ansah & Clowney?
He's a Rookie that got off to a slow start because of injury, and counting him out, or considering him a bust is silly.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":11cxk4i1 said:
It seems to me that PC/JS (after their recent purge of the team) have developed their draft prospect evaluation process to include a lot more of off-field factors in particular the players mental state, will to win, love of the game, grit, knowledge of the game, etc. - Unfortunately we fans aren't always privy to things like player interviews, college coaches input & knowledge of football smarts, not to mention a bunch of traing camp practice time fans don't see.

I would guess that "some" of the players passed on by the Seahawks in the drafts in the 1-st round in particular, fall into a category where the Seahawks proceed with caution. That category would include: medical risks/history, poor football mentality, scheme and/or locker room fit, etc. Some of those characteristics MAY have been evident in a few players that they have "passed on" in previous draft, we fans will likely never know much about this kind of stuff. Additionally, hindsight isn't always exactly perfect.
:smilingalien:

Dunno for a fact, but part of the vetting process may be what classes he or she took and what GPA they had in them classes may have been. It tells a lot about the character of the person too. Ball room dancing as a major is not that bad if they can transfer it to the field of play...... :twisted: