Another Super Bowl win…

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
The only thing that will remove the perpetual cloud hanging over the Seahawks is another Super Bowl win.
A new HC, Coordinators, QB, etc.. will just exasperate the issue. Like putting a clean diaper over a dirty diaper.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The only thing that will remove the perpetual cloud hanging over the Seahawks is another Super Bowl win.
A new HC, Coordinators, QB, etc.. will just exasperate the issue. Like putting a clean diaper over a dirty diaper.
So . . . I don't think I understand the metaphor. You think we are stuck until new ownership? Or you think Pete can win another one?

morgulon1

Reaction score
So . . . I don't think I understand the metaphor. You think we are stuck until new ownership? Or you think Pete can win another one?
I know you didn't address your statement to me but wanted to chime in.

I'm personally scared of having new ownership . Some whack job could buy the team and move them to San Antonio.
I'm as upset with Pete's results over the past 5-6 seasons as anyone but I'm not sure they get anything better. Carroll has proven he can win but does he have to have a top 3 ALL TIME defense to do it?

I guess the questions are ❓

Q. How many coaches could've been successful with that squad?

Q. Do you have confidence that Pete can get there again (and) how long to get there?

Q. Are the Seahawks problems actually coaching staff or players? Or a combination of both?

What do you think Nanomoz?

ZagHawk

Reaction score

I think creating a CONTENDER for a 2-3 year window that COULD win a SB (because winning is not easy) is all the fans need/want to see. And when I say contender, that means a team that belongs in the top 4, not just makes it to playoffs and "maybe you get hot" or you play a team that has crucial injuries in the end, a questionable call turns the game in your favor, etc.

However, it is clear the FO and ownership is prioritizing a on the cusp of playoff caliber team which is a business decision (very similar to the Mariners). Staying relevant year after year, but full well knowing its not a championship contender. If you want an Omelet you gotta break some eggs (which means bad years, tanking and truly starting over) but this also equates to bad viewership, empty seats, bad merch sales, cancelled season tickets, bad merch sales etc.

The proof is in the pudding for all the true contenders in the NFL, they have to go through some garbage years and rebuild for a run. Remember when the Hawks were stomping on the Niners and the Rams as they looked like a hot mess and all their fans disappeared...they were rebuilding for something greater. The Seahawks organization refused to allow that and we are seeing what we're seeing...a C+/B- Team year after year. I understand delayed gratification in life, bring 2-4 win seasons for a couple years to build that true window.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I know you didn't address your statement to me but wanted to chime in.

I'm personally scared of having new ownership . Some whack job could buy the team and move them to San Antonio.
I'm as upset with Pete's results over the past 5-6 seasons as anyone but I'm not sure they get anything better. Carroll has proven he can win but does he have to have a top 3 ALL TIME defense to do it?

I guess the questions are ❓

Q. How many coaches could've been successful with that squad?

Q. Do you have confidence that Pete can get there again (and) how long to get there?

Q. Are the Seahawks problems actually coaching staff or players? Or a combination of both?

What do you think Nanomoz?
I think Carroll deserves much of the credit for that squad, top to bottom.

No, Pete's not getting there again. At this point, I think believing that people who still believe in Carroll should be medicated might be a more reasonable position than believing Carroll can win it again. He's getting lapped by two coaches just in his own division.

I think much of it is coaching. I think this team is underachieving. It's undisciplined. Metcalf continues to not mature. Pete's handling of Jamal over the past week has also been kind of shocking. And there's patterns of bad coaching, declining defense, uninspired coaching hires, questionable uses of resources, erratic commitment to the run game, a failure to assemble a consistent pass rush despite it being a stated goal for years, etc. (I could go on. But you get the idea.)