Antonio Brown to the Patriots... and released from Patriots

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
He has an attitude problem that would make Sherman jealous, I don't see why any Seahawks fan would want to live in a reality where AB is a Seahawk.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Not sure who Antoio is... But Antonio is as talented of a WR as there is in this league. The #1 Diva position in the NFL is WR and it's no surprise this guy is a wack job. I wouldn't be opposed to bring him in on the cheap. If we coudl pull a Clowney type move I'm in and we could always cut him if he can't mesh with the culture here. Seattle is a place where these Alpha types thrive. AB is not Percy, but I wouldn't give up a 2nd rd for him.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1ynfakk8 said:
Which receiver would you cut to sign him?.

That's easy. Except for Lockett and DK, I'd cut ANY of them to get AB.

AB is simply the best WR in the game -- and if we are going to be in the hunt for a SUPER BOWL, this is the type of guy who can help get us there.

Yes, he can be a toxic presence, especially in the wrong hands -- like the Raiders staff. Pete is far better equipped to handle outsized personalities. And maybe getting cut by the Raiders could open AB's eyes to the fact that he'll be making next to zero going forward. A huge step down from $30 million. My guess is these antics indicate he simply doesn't want to play for the Raiders (who would?) and he is trying to get out of there.

But the bigger question for us is would we have to carry AB's $30 million contract???

If we could sign AB for a one year deal, pay him good money for this season (If he gets cut by the Raiders he'll get nothing anyway, so he might be open to renegotiating), and at the end of the season we reassess if we want him back in 2020.

But losing Doug has been tough. The way we're going right now -- with just one established WR and a whole bunch of squishy question marks at the other WRs and the TE slot -- we are in serious danger of not making the playoffs, and maybe not even getting to 8-8. AB seriously changes all that.

I vote YES. A thousand times YES.

TreeRon

Reaction score
I can't think of a team with a better temperament to accept AB. If I was JS/PC I'd only explore the opportunity if the leaders of the team DB, BW, KJ, TL, RW and so on unanimously agreed with that move. The cohesion of the Seahawks is more important than AB.

sutz

Reaction score
OK, I'll break down and actually type something beyond emojis.

We don't really know what we "lost" when Doug retired. Not really. People like to moan "he scored (enter a number) TDs for us" or "he got (enter a number) yards" for us. Then, inevitably the cry goes out "where will we get that production back?" This implies that the player in question was the only player on the team who could possibly have done those things, and that some combination of other players might not have. Nope, all that production, all those yards and TDs just mysteriously vanish with that player.

:34853_doh: (for those who hate emojis :p )

The fact is, we have some pretty smart coaches and some pretty talented players on the team who will find ways to cover for Doug's retirement. As the old cliche goes: It's what they do.

Perhaps Doug felt comfortable retiring now because he thought the team was in some pretty good hands and he trusted that they could move on without him.

Frankly, we drafted and signed some exciting young players this season that I'm looking forward to watching play for the Seahawks. For that matter, with an injury-slowed Baldwin out of the way, there will be more chances for the young guys to step up and show their stuff.

Oh, back OT. I don't see the coaches and FO wanting to take on an obvious behavioral problem like AB at this time of the season. I really don't see them being that desperate. I'm really sure they don't care whether your favorite FF player plays for us and won't risk team chemistry to make that happen. Besides, we don't throw enough as a team to make a player like AB happy. ;)

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Boohman14

Reaction score
NO! no! no!, He is a great talent no doubt, but he would suck all the FUN out of this team. I never thought I'd say this but I feel bad for Raider fans. They're a very mismanaged team up and down. Chucky lost his mojo and needs to go back to the booth. The team is worse since he and "Uncle Cracker" took over. They need to build "build" something, then acquire the elite free agents.

Seattle may wish to add a player as the season progresses but please not a narcissist receiver.

McGruff

Reaction score
TreeRon":lnb621yz said:
I can't think of a team with a better temperament to accept AB. If I was JS/PC I'd only explore the opportunity if the leaders of the team DB, BW, KJ, TL, RW and so on unanimously agreed with that move. The cohesion of the Seahawks is more important than AB.

Who on the team is going to get in Brown's grill? Especially on offense?

Russ? Ha, not a chance.

Tyler? Laughable.

Maybe Duane. Duane is the only experienced alpha on offense.

Dudes like AB dont respond to authority. Coaches dont matter. They are "the man". They are the "oppressors" keeping him down.

Brown is like Lynch, only without loyalty to his peers.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Why does it have to be an offensive player? I can see BW getting in his face. Maybe getting in his face isn't the answer? He seems to have love for his little boy. Maybe that's the way to AB's psyche?
Like I said though, if I were JS I'd ONLY talk to AB (agent) with a buy in from my tenured players. That said, I'm not sure that would happen.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Doug is replaceable by a bunch of "exciting young talent" is in for a very rude awakening. Yes, I hope they do well, and in time one of them may. But you don't replace a legend very easily.

No one is going to "get in AB's grill" just like no one ever got into Sherman's or Bennett's. Except for Pete, who knows how to communicate with many hard-to-reach guys, at least for a while. The Raiders have messed up the AB situation as much as AB has; divas like that simply need some latitude, the type that most teams won't afford. The Seahawks are different.

And the goal here is not to have a peaceful locker room, but to go far in the playoffs. If managed properly, AB has the potential to help move us quickly to the next level. No one else like that is available right now.

McGruff

Reaction score
TreeRon":2749gb6a said:
Why does it have to be an offensive player? I can see BW getting in his face. Maybe getting in his face isn't the answer? He seems to have love for his little boy. Maybe that's the way to AB's psyche?
Like I said though, if I were JS I'd ONLY talk to AB (agent) with a buy in from my tenured players. That said, I'm not sure that would happen.

So threaten his little boy?

I like it.

TreeRon

Reaction score
McGruff":1144exjq said:
TreeRon":1144exjq said:

So threaten his little boy?

I like it.

Finally somebody gets it ! :2thumbs:

Seahawk

Reaction score
Wasn't this whole drama just because they were on NFL Hard Knocks? Wasn't this all fake for the show? That's my theory.

sutz

Reaction score
Seahawk":1vd5dikc said:
Wasn't this whole drama just because they were on NFL Hard Knocks? Wasn't this all fake for the show? That's my theory.
Well, the Raiders just released him. :Dunno:

Seahawk

Reaction score
sutz":21z9qq3x said:
Seahawk":21z9qq3x said:
Well, the Raiders just released him. :Dunno:
Yikes! Theory Blown Up!