Antonio Brown to the Patriots... and released from Patriots

QuahHawk

Reaction score
We have a very good team. Build a great defense and running game, that is the path to the SB. Not a diva WR. But it is fun to think about defenses trying to keep AB, Locket, and DK in front of them and still stopping our run game.

James in PA

Reaction score
Wow! Just wow! Get ready for Belichick to swoop in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James in PA

Reaction score
Duane Brown wouldn’t put up with this guy’s shenanigans.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
What a crazy story that was, I watched Hard Knocks the last couple days, and have been following the stories.

What I find so interesting is, AB on a personal level seems like a really nice guy, very personable and charismatic. His teammates seem to really like him. But wow, he's ego is out of control, he does think he's bigger than the team, that's obvious. And he expects to be treated that way.

The fight with Mayock, and posting a phone conversation with Gruden on Instagram? Are you kidding? There's no way a team could keep you after that.... unreal.

And while he's getting his guaranteed money removed, and cut. Julio Jones is signing a record contract extension. Attitude matters.

James in PA

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":37i4ug40 said:
Top 3 teams to nab him? I'm gonna say:

Redskins
49ers
Dolphins

Interesting. I’d say:

Patriots
Cowboys
Eagles

I do like your Redskins and Dolphins predictions though. Dan Snyder cannot resist splashy signings. And the Dolphins are just starving for talent.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I'd do a one year deal.

At this point, there aren't many teams that can go beyond that. At one year, your risk is limited. Also, he'd be playing for his last big deal somewhere starting in 2020.

I get the comparison to Harvin, but there are really important differences as I see it.

One, Harvin was brought in, and given long term security. Which he then promptly acted on. He hardly played and smartly from his perspective, hid his chronic hip issue.

AB doesn't have that. And even if he somehow does -- at one year deal it's something that wouldn't hurt us if it did.

Harvin -- because of the long term deal -- could be as cantankerous as he liked. AB is playing for a next deal.

The cost between the two isn't comparable. We traded for Harvin whereas AB comes with just a modest check.

It's really a no lose prospect for Seattle. If he remains the cancer he's been -- he's cut at no risk. If he doesn't and thrives -- then he signs elsewhere and we 'buy' a comp pick.

For me I make sure I'm in on the deal. Seattle has a very solid track record of taking guys looking to leverage a season for a big future payday.

Drama aside, there is no risk to simply letting him go mid season if it's unmanageable. I believe AB's antics were exclusively due to touching 'his money'. Well for us, there wouldn't be an issue with that because there wouldn't be any 'his money' to really touch.

I believe every diva issue is unique. And in this case AB has been consistent. It's always been about money. And in this landscape, cash isn't available leaguewide as teams have already spent their money. If one believes that his issues are money centric, then you're getting him as his *most compliant*. Playing for his last big deal.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
James in PA":gdyhedli said:
Seahawk_Dan":gdyhedli said:
Top 3 teams to nab him? I'm gonna say:

Redskins
49ers
Dolphins

Interesting. I’d say:

Patriots
Cowboys
Eagles

I do like your Redskins and Dolphins predictions though. Dan Snyder cannot resist splashy signings. And the Dolphins are just starving for talent.

I thought Patriots as well, but Belichick doesn't really care for diva players and can take any scrub receiver and turn them into a major contributor.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":54mk57wd said:
I'd do a one year deal.

At this point, there aren't many teams that can go beyond that. At one year, your risk is limited. Also, he'd be playing for his last big deal somewhere starting in 2020.

I get the comparison to Harvin, but there are really important differences as I see it.

One, Harvin was brought in, and given long term security. Which he then promptly acted on. He hardly played and smartly from his perspective, hid his chronic hip issue.

AB doesn't have that. And even if he somehow does -- at one year deal it's something that wouldn't hurt us if it did.

Harvin -- because of the long term deal -- could be as cantankerous as he liked. AB is playing for a next deal.

The cost between the two isn't comparable. We traded for Harvin whereas AB comes with just a modest check.

It's really a no lose prospect for Seattle. If he remains the cancer he's been -- he's cut at no risk. If he doesn't and thrives -- then he signs elsewhere and we 'buy' a comp pick.

For me I make sure I'm in on the deal. Seattle has a very solid track record of taking guys looking to leverage a season for a big future payday.

Drama aside, there is no risk to simply letting him go mid season if it's unmanageable. I believe AB's antics were exclusively due to touching 'his money'. Well for us, there wouldn't be an issue with that because there wouldn't be any 'his money' to really touch.

I believe every diva issue is unique. And in this case AB has been consistent. It's always been about money. And in this landscape, cash isn't available leaguewide as teams have already spent their money. If one believes that his issues are money centric, then you're getting him as his *most compliant*. Playing for his last big deal.

What's scary is, Pete Carroll, would be interested.

I can see the Seahawks pursuing Brown.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Sign him NOW.
NOW!
Give him whatever $$$$ he wants for one year.
Let him know he can be cut immediately if he goes into his act.
If he plays like AB, we can compete for the Super Bowl.
Without him, we're a bubble team for making the playoffs as a wild card.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
McGruff":1lz1vj03 said:
rcaido":1lz1vj03 said:
McGruff":1lz1vj03 said:
San Fran seems like the most likely destination to me.

Seahawks should just pay a one year rental to avoid this. As least we get a comp pick after.

I kind of want to see Brown & Russell tandem.

Can you imagine AB, Lockett, Metcalf, Ursua, Dissly w/ Wilson throwing the ball.

Brown would have no respect for Wilson. He would eat Wilson alive.

Lol the idea that Brown would walk all over Wilson is hilarious. Do you see Wilson’s arms and legs? Lol

The Raiders are a mess. We can actually handle AB with our locker room and coach. I don’t think we should, but we can

A-Dog

Reaction score
I’m sorry but is there an actual link here? I see a reference to “a top story” but no source or link is provided

James in PA

Reaction score
I don’t think they’ll do it, but if the Hawks did sign Brown, it would be just in time for him to be ready for our week 2 opponent. See who that is?! Man oh man what a juicy storyline that would be!

Osprey

Reaction score
Now that it’s a one year deal scenario...I’m backtracking.

IF Russell is bought in, I’d put together an incentive laden deal. I’m sure Malik can discover a nagging injury to put him on IR.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Left unsaid is how badly the Raiders handled this. Not that they were wrong to fine him initially, but once he did his mea culpa, they went and fined him AGAIN for yelling at their idiot GM over his first fine.

That second fine was $215,000, and no matter how many millions you have in the bank, $215,000 is still one huge pile of dough. And given AB's state of mind, that was literally dousing the situation with gasoline and lighting a match.

Aiunahthar

Reaction score
Well he has officially been cut by the raiders... now to see where he lands.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Tusc2000":pu1e07t4 said:
Sign him NOW.
NOW!
Give him whatever $$$$ he wants for one year.
Let him know he can be cut immediately if he goes into his act.
If he plays like AB, we can compete for the Super Bowl.
Without him, we're a bubble team for making the playoffs as a wild card.

Not so fast.

I think your stretching to w/o him scenario.

McGruff

Reaction score
Tusc2000":ld2np9o1 said:
Left unsaid is how badly the Raiders handled this. Not that they were wrong to fine him initially, but once he did his mea culpa, they went and fined him AGAIN for yelling at their idiot GM over his first fine.

That second fine was $215,000, and no matter how many millions you have in the bank, $215,000 is still one huge pile of dough. And given AB's state of mind, that was literally dousing the situation with gasoline and lighting a match.

So you would have them do nothing when a player cusses at their GM, throws racial epithets at him, threatens to attack him, and has to be physically restrained from doing so by another player?

chet380

Reaction score
Why did Mayock wait until after the press conference to serve the 'conduct-detrimental' breach letter that triggered the voiding of the guaranteed money part of the contract until after the press conference? ... Spite? ... He knew that AB would refuse to play on a week-to-week basis, so why not serve him with the document b/f the press conference?

Latest posts