Any decent WRs left in FA?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
If Danario Alexander is healthy (and he probably won't be due to infections), I wouldn't mind if Seattle gave him a look. 6'5 looks mighty nice in the red zone. Just ask Phillip Rivers.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Ginn signed with Cardinals for 3 years.

I didn't want him, but don't want to see him on returns twice a year either.

seatt1eslew

Reaction score
Is there anything preventing us from bringing Rice back? Yes, the injury history is troublesome, but Nicks and Britt are no Ironmen either. James Jones is my favorite, but don't forget the what Rice did against New England and Chicago in 2012. Just sayin'

HawkFan72

Reaction score
seatt1eslew":18enc0d4 said:
Is there anything preventing us from bringing Rice back? Yes, the injury history is troublesome, but Nicks and Britt are no Ironmen either. James Jones is my favorite, but don't forget the what Rice did against New England and Chicago in 2012. Just sayin'

Nothing preventing it, and I would be all for it. When healthy, he's a great fit for our offense.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Going anywhere near what Detroit offered for Tate would have been extremely foolish.

I'm glad the hawks "didn't do more"

Chapow

Reaction score
HawkFan72":ycp8oekf said:
Ginn signed with Cardinals for 3 years.

I didn't want him, but don't want to see him on returns twice a year either.

Meh, not worried. The way Ryan hangs his punts up there forever plus the way our gunners get down there like a cheetah chasing an antelope, Ginn gonna git blowed up.

jblaze

Reaction score
I would like to see Britt on a one year prove it deal. I think he's matured a bit and our locker room could keep him in check. However, he's getting a lot of interest right now so that is probably out.

Bring Rice back on a one year 3m deal and then let him go out and sign somewhere else next year on big money!

jblaze

Reaction score
This just in. Looks like we have some interest in Smith.

Retweeted by Bob Condotta
Eric Edholm ‏@Eric_Edholm 46s

Teams reaching out on WR Steve Smith: Ravens, Patriots, Chargers, Redskins, Seahawks. Smith expected to talk to Ravens' Gary Kubiak tonight.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
McGruff":tx096yx5 said:
I guess James Jones would be interesting . . .
James Jones or Rice on a cheap deal would be smart moves. I wonder if we'd be willing to count as a WR/TE keep 5 WR's and 3 TE's and Finely who could play both. He's got to be about the same size as Mike Williams was but even faster

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ErikG803":1m4gd201 said:
I loved LaFell at LSU, think he still could have a lot of untapped potential. And he's 6'3 so at least he's something different

I would love adding LaFell. LOVE.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawkWow":2hii75oz said:
Devone Bess is interesting.

Bess went off the rails this offseason. He will be lucky to even be in the league

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Nicks to the Colts for 1 year, $3.5 million.

Kinda wish the Hawks would have got in on that action. That's dirt cheap for him.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Yeah that is a lowball contract for a guy that is fairly well thought of. Especially going to a pass heavy team as well (despite their claims of establishing a running game). I would think a team like Carolina would have been happy to sign him to a deal like that. They have no one on their roster at the moment.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Hakeem Nicks has lost his passion for the game, as those who have been around him have been attesting. That pretty much makes him the anti-Pete Carroll-type of player. Never mind the fact that he's lost a couple of steps from all the injuries. $3.5M for him is actually pretty silly unless he suddenly re-discovers himself. That seems unlikely.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I want someone that can return punts. Nate Burleson was dynamite at it when he was here, but what's he got left?Maybe try him on 1 year veteran minimum.

I think Kenny Britt could tear it up with Russell Wilson getting him the ball and really hope they sign him. I would offer him 1 year for 3 million plus incentives and an option to extend.

Other than that, Julian Edelman was decent on PR I believe. But he'd have to come cheap, 2.5 per year, 1 year plus an option for a 2nd year

I'd be curious to see what Santonio Holmes can still do, I think he'd be pretty good on a 1 year vet minimum contract

James Jones is pretty good, and would pay him a little above vet min, 2 -- 3 years.

:snack: The importance of having a good Punt Returner cannot be overstated. Tate proved that this year and it won us games.