Any idea how old this Seahawks towel is?

The Radish

Reaction score
I realize I should know since I probably bought it. Digging through things recently for a yard sale and found this in the bottom of a box. Long forgotten and in great shape. The colors aren't quite this good, even when it was new it had a bit of a faded look. It is an NFL item tho. Still has the tag, made in Israel.

If anyone has a clue what vintage this might be I'd be glad for the info. I have a jacket about this vintage too.

Attachments

• Photo0441.JPG
    Photo0441.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 1,610
OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
Well I know its older than 98 because I was around at the beginning of .net in that year and I had it prior to that I'm sure.

:les:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
The Radish":32vyliq6 said:
I realize I should know since I probably bought it. Digging through things recently for a yard sale and found this in the bottom of a box. Long forgotten and in great shape. The colors aren't quite this good, even when it was new it had a bit of a faded look. It is an NFL item tho. Still has the tag, made in Israel.

If anyone has a clue what vintage this might be I'd be glad for the info. I have a jacket about this vintage too.
Not sure...but I'd gladly buy it

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
-The Glove-":35a8p1uz said:
The Radish":35a8p1uz said:

Not sure...but I'd gladly buy it

Thanks for the offer but I'm probably going to hang on to my current things. I have nothing like Hawkstorian's custom built closet full of jerseys and Aros helmet collection but I do still have both a blue and a silver helmet antenna ball in their original packages. I had about a dozen of them but have given many away to friends through the years. I think Rocket has at least one.

Riley12

Reaction score
Oooh! I have that towel too.

I think it must be from around '83 or '84, because I seem to remember it from my Mom's house, back before I graduated from high school.

Rainger

Reaction score
Not sure but looks 80s to me. This blanket was I think bought in 77 maybe 78

Attachments

• 2013-08-03 16.00.55.jpg
    2013-08-03 16.00.55.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 1,391
  • 2013-08-03 16.01.16.jpg
    2013-08-03 16.01.16.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 1,391

Rocket

Reaction score
It's difficult for most mortals to think in Norton-Time™
so you need to specify the century at least.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Damn, I remember buying both the towel and the blanket above in 1986.

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
rideaducati":2du4x6lk said:

Wait,,,you're going to try and tell us you're that old?

:roll:

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I'd have to agree with Riley12 there Radish. I'd definitely say it's from the Knox Era, either 1983 or 1984 best guess. I have a Seahawks beer mug from that time frame that I keep my pens and pencils in ...

mMOsYccZgGKgxpSYfgNVm-Q.jpg

(Not my exact mug ... as I'd never sell it [image is from ebay], but that's it -- same exact Hawks logo as your towel there. I'd definitely say they're both early 1980s vintage.)

rideaducati

Reaction score
The Radish":2iu0szb8 said:
rideaducati":2iu0szb8 said:

I remember that day because I was 16 and I took my birthday money to the sporting goods store in Albuquerque to buy Seahawk gear. I went around the store and bought just about everything Seahawk they had. When I got to the counter with all the Seahawk stuff the teller laughed and turned to the guy that had his back to me. That guy was Fredd Young. I got a few freebies that day courtesy of Fredd.

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
rideaducati":a8f8754n said:
The Radish":a8f8754n said:
rideaducati":a8f8754n said:

I remember that day because I was 16 and I took my birthday money to the sporting goods store in Albuquerque to buy Seahawk gear. I went around the store and bought just about everything Seahawk they had. When I got to the counter with all the Seahawk stuff the teller laughed and turned to the guy that had his back to me. That guy was Fredd Young. I got a few freebies that day courtesy of Fredd.

What a great story, thank you for sharing.

Thanks all of you for your input. The Knox era sounds about right because my interest picked up when he went to Seattle. Up till then I was running around with a group of Ray-Duh fans. I was doing a lot of bowling in those days and the group I had been friends with for years happened to be fans of that Oakland team.

It got so bad I started looking around for a team to root for, I'd not been much of a fan of Oakland anyway.. As I've said before I started big time with the Hawks about the time they had a couple of good years against the Ray-Duhs. It was glorious. (then as now they thought being a Ray-Duh fan meant being loud, rude, obnoxious, and frequently over drunk).

Also during that time I was spending most of my weekends either at a bowling tournament or a drag strip, or camping so had to do my football catching up on mondays. I do clearly remember a sunday at Deer Park Dragstrip when all of we Pro & Super Pro racers refused to start racing until we found out if Seattle scored a go ahead touchdown. Curt Warner scored to give them the lead and the game so we agreed to get the races started. Orville Moe the strip owner was pissed at all of us for weeks over that. lol

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I sure do not miss the Toucan Sam hawk on the helmet. I love the old colors and uniforms but always hated the Hawk logo. When they changed it to a mean bird I did a major happy dance.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I have that exact towel. I got it for Christmas but I don't remember what year. And that beer mug? I have two of those, and they were originally full of peanuts and had a lid. I still use 'em all the time but usually for milk.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BlueThunder":3ks8p998 said:
I have that exact towel. I got it for Christmas but I don't remember what year. And that beer mug? I have two of those, and they were originally full of peanuts and had a lid. I still use 'em all the time but usually for milk.
Yes, the mug is from a Peanut company, used to have one of those when I was a kid.

Latest posts