Heading to Seattle and my First Seahawks game! Pics added ;)

ivotuk

Reaction score
Getting in to Seattle Friday afternoon to visit my daughter. As a treat, I bought tickets to Sunday's game vs the Bengals.

My one and only NFL game was at the Cowboys old stadium from a friend's press box. It was nice, food, drink, nice seats, but the players looked like ants and I can not see the motivation for watching a game that far away!

So after spending a week looking at as many pictures as I could to figure out what might be my best view, at a reasonable price, I got 2 in section 107. Man, they really ding you with fees etc, and I really had to convince myself it was worth the cost, but hey, once in a lifetime. I can just start skipping food and walking to work.

I'm bringing binoculars, ear plugs, and a rain coat. Any other suggestions? I read the info in the Classifieds, but that was from 2014. Most of it is still relevant, but what do I know?

My daughter, who's never been to anything like this is kind of "Ho hum." I'm sure she'll have a completely different opinion come Monday. :)

Anyway, looking forward to the game, and hoping to meet some of my .NET friends.

Ray

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
VERY cool, enjoy the trip. There is plenty to do. Depending on where you're staying, rail to the game is pretty solid. Or pre-pay for a spot in the Safeco Lot, it's much easier in and out for the game than the Century Link lot. A lot of people hit King Street Bar and Oven pre-game, it's across from the North Parking Lot entrance. My band is playing Saturday night in Burien as well. Should be a fun weekend. LOVE the opener, great atmosphere. Plenty of cool stuff to do down in Seattle. Pike Place, maybe a stadium tour, the underground tour is fun as well. Make sure you bring a clear bag, they have a clear bag policy these days, certain size allowed etc. If you have a car to get around, the Ballard Locks is really nice. Or you can do one of the Argosy tours, it's well worth it. Takes you around lake union, along the cut etc. Though the Huskies have a home game on Saturday, so not sure which of those tours are available. You can often find 2 for 1 deals on the Argosy cruise.

HawkGA

Reaction score
ivotuk":3tfffuoj said:
I can just start skipping food and walking to work.

Don't you live in Alaska? Can't you just use a dog sled to get to work?

LymonHawk

Reaction score
If you're in Sec 107 then you're in lower level seats. Excellent! And going to opening day is also a treat, the excitement is almost palatable. Wait 'til you hear the noise! Contact Aros and see if the gang is meeting at Temple Billiards. Always nice to meet some of the names you've been reading for years.

Have a great time and Go 'Hawks!! :irishdrinkers:

Boiler

Reaction score
Awesome! Have a fantastic trip and be ready to lose your voice. My son and I will be coming up from Colorado for a day trip to see the Bengals game. Really looking forward to it.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
HawkGA":36g6w327 said:
ivotuk":36g6w327 said:
I can just start skipping food and walking to work.

Don't you live in Alaska? Can't you just use a dog sled to get to work?

Do you know how expensive dog food is? And I'm over my quota of rotten salmon. Have to fight the bears for the carcasses along the river. At least the price of weed has dropped. :pimp:

pmedic920

Reaction score
ivotuk":2yhf2zkv said:
Getting in to Seattle Friday afternoon to visit my daughter. As a treat, I bought tickets to Sunday's game vs the Bengals.

My one and only NFL game was at the Cowboys old stadium from a friend's press box. It was nice, food, drink, nice seats, but the players looked like ants and I can not see the motivation for watching a game that far away!

So after spending a week looking at as many pictures as I could to figure out what might be my best view, at a reasonable price, I got 2 in section 107. Man, they really ding you with fees etc, and I really had to convince myself it was worth the cost, but hey, once in a lifetime. I can just start skipping food and walking to work.

I'm bringing binoculars, ear plugs, and a rain coat. Any other suggestions? I read the info in the Classifieds, but that was from 2014. Most of it is still relevant, but what do I know?

My daughter, who's never been to anything like this is kind of "Ho hum." I'm sure she'll have a completely different opinion come Monday. :)

Anyway, looking forward to the game, and hoping to meet some of my .NET friends.

Ray

Dude, friend, Bro Tater.
You are in for a treat, Clink is our Meca and if you’ve never been, it’s a trip of a lifetime.
I understand that finances and circumstances can get in the way but I’m so happy for you.

Soak it all in, get to the stadium a bit early. Seek out a couple of .net friends and enjoy.

I fully expect to see some pictures posted.

Good for you, be loud be proud.

GoHawks

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Thank you Lon. I hope to one day be at a Seahawks game at the same time as you. Maybe Houston someday. :)

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Woohoo!! My ass is plopped down in my seats with my daughter and I'm in Hawk Heaven Baby!

This is wild! Being so close to people I idolize, watching them stretch, give each other high 5s!

I'm soooooo tempted to move to Seattle!

Holy shit, the people! I mean, I used to live in Kaktovik. This is Worlds away from there!

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
THAT. Was freaking amazing! What a Stadium! What a Crowd! What a game! I'm selling everything I own and doing this again!

In a year or so anyway. I envy those that get to do this all of the time. This busted my budget, but it was worth it. And I've subsisted on Top Ramen before. :les:

LymonHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":38fw0261 said:
THAT. Was freaking amazing! What a Stadium! What a Crowd! What a game! I'm selling everything I own and doing this again!

In a year or so anyway. I envy those that get to do this all of the time. This busted my budget, but it was worth it. And I've subsisted on Top Ramen before. :les:

Way to take one for the team! See what I said about the energy? I love opening day! Glad you had a great experience. :2thumbs:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":q6gnxyfq said:

There were almost as many people in the stadium today there are in the entire Fairbanks North Star Borough. That has to feel a bit shocking. :2thumbs:

Glad you got to experience it in person. I hope to someday, too.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Happy for you.
I don’t get to attend many games either but I probably go to more than a lot of folks that live as far away as I do.

Every trip is a blast, and I cherish every one them. You’re never going to forget that trip.
Good for you, and I hope you get to go again soon.

Get some pictures posted.