Any jalen Carter updates?

Aircrew

Reaction score
I hope he turns his life around, but he has such a Josh Gordon/Lawrence Phillips vibe I'm glad the brass passed on him. Just imagine the titanic distraction and, not to mention, credibility hit he would have been for Carroll and Schneider. Ugh, potential team killer.

Hawkmode

Reaction score
I wish him the best. I stand by Seattle passing on him. Carter might be rookie of the year but things change on a dime.
It's a big risk but Philadelphia is in a better position.
Our team interviewed him with speculated results. The reality will be his tape showed him to be an elite player with the rare ability to take over a game. His locker room impact is boosted by the support of the Eagles having so many of Georgia's recent players on their roster.

We already know the Eagles and 49ers offer two of the best NFC teams to "stand in our way"...its always good for team growth to face the best to get a true gage of being Super Bowl ready...this year and going forward. Past regrets are in the rear view mirror...a quick look back now and then as you speed ahead.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I hope he turns his life around, but he has such a Josh Gordon/Lawrence Phillips vibe I'm glad the brass passed on him. Just imagine the titanic distraction and, not to mention, credibility hit he would have been for Carroll and Schneider. Ugh, potential team killer.
There was more negative publicity surrounding Carter than any rookie that I can think of over the past few years. Not many teams could afford the PR hit that would ensue should Carter turn out to be a dud, but the Eagles, coming off a dramatic turnaround and SB appearance, are one of those teams.

Along with Russell's plight in Denver, how Carter performs will be one of the more intriguing dramas to play out over the next few seasons.

morgulon1

Reaction score
There was more negative publicity surrounding Carter than any rookie that I can think of over the past few years. Not many teams could afford the PR hit that would ensue should Carter turn out to be a dud, but the Eagles, coming off a dramatic turnaround and SB appearance, are one of those teams.

Along with Russell's plight in Denver, how Carter performs will be one of the more intriguing dramas to play out over the next few seasons.
Agreed .

I want to add that where we are as a society with social media , these drafts
are under more scrutiny than when Lawrence Phillips was a draft prospect.
And the fact that we as Seattle fans had a dog in the fight this year as opposed to the last 10 years or so where they were picking in the mid twenties.