Any jalen Carter updates?

toffee

Reaction score
We passed on him, Eagles traded up for him, how is he doing? Kept running out of gas or opening eyes at camps?

BASF

Reaction score

Seahawks fans and front office are going to tell themselves we did the right thing to comfort themselves for years to come.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I don't care how much of a success he is in Philly. Hindsight is 20/20. Knowing what we knew about him and when we knew it, the smart move was to pass on him. He had known conditioning issues and red flags up the ying yang.
Conditioning is the easiest thing to fix. He just needed more time to mentally recover from the tragic accident. He and Jordan Davis are going to be awesome together. I saw an interview with Davis talking about how well they work together. That Eagles defense might be even better than last year.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Conditioning is the easiest thing to fix. He just needed more time to mentally recover from the tragic accident. He and Jordan Davis are going to be awesome together. I saw an interview with Davis talking about how well they work together. That Eagles defense might be even better than last year.
Except These things were an issue before the accident and death.

keasley45

Reaction score
Word is he broke one of the blocking sleds in drills. Impressive strength.

However, when the coach was asked whether he was in good condition in camp, he avoided answering directly and said that none of the rookies were in good condition.

So take that however you want it. I find it interesting he answered the way he did given the hyper criticism the player received leading up to the draft.

We shall see

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Except These things were an issue before the accident and death.
The report from OTA is that he’s already in good condition and looking good. He is now in an NFL culture that’s pushing him. It’s a non-issue, according to the coach.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The report from OTA is that he’s already in good condition and looking good. He is now in an NFL culture that’s pushing him. It’s a non-issue, according to the coach.
We haven't really seen anything official about him..Do you have links?

keasley45

Reaction score

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Here's the link to the info I posted.

Pro Day is old news. Read what Sirianni says about him after OTA. See also June 10 article by same journalist.

Eagles are going to have a fierce defense and probably win Super Bowl. I predict Bears and Seahawks blew it on Carter. Everyone on the Bears forum disagrees with me, too. That’s OK.
I wish him the best. I stand by Seattle passing on him. Carter might be rookie of the year but things change on a dime.
It's a big risk but Philadelphia is in a better position.
Robinson will be rookie of the year, unless he gets injured.

Teams passed on Warren Sapp and Randy Moss as too risky. The risk on the flip side is that the guy has the talent to be a perennial All Pro.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Whose report? The local beat writers? If they are anything like the beat writers out here, I wouldn't trust their reports any further than I could spit.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Teams passed on Warren Sapp and Randy Moss as too risky. The risk on the flip side is that the guy has the talent to be a perennial All Pro.

Yes.

The otherside is wasting a top 5 pick on an immature out of shape kid that makes bad choices. Just depends on what or if the team is prepared to deal with the chance things don't work out.
I would bet that there's a lot more information about him than we would have access to. Who knows?
If a player has talent , they will get an opportunity to play. I'm happy with Seattle's picks.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Pro Day is old news. Read what Sirianni says about him after OTA. See also June 10 article by same journalist.

Eagles are going to have a fierce defense and probably win Super Bowl. I predict Bears and Seahawks blew it on Carter. Everyone on the Bears forum disagrees with me, too. That’s OK.

And Aaron Curry was a can't miss prospect. We know nothing right now.

keasley45

Reaction score

There are as many if not more Tony Mandarich's, Lawrence Phillips. For every Randy Moss, there are 3 David Bostons. For every Warren Sapp, theres an Albert Haynesworth.

It's not as much about what the kid does his rookie year. Its about what he does over his career in fulfilling his own potential and elevating the team.

Sure, Carter may very well kill it his first year. What happens after that when he gets comfortable with his money or being the man?

The NFL is littered with stories of all world talents who destroy their careers or never live up to their potential. It's not the kind of situation you make and then regret. Carter not getting picked by us or anyone before the Eagles is his fault, not ours. I'm sure we woukd have loved to take him, but HE ruined that. We didn't see anything sideways, so I don't think there's anything to regret. The Hawks didn't just evaluate him based on news stories. They interviewed him a few times and did their own investigation into who he is. The result? That Carter presented himself as someone who was 'easy to pass on', according to John Schneider.

If Carter turns put to be someone entirely different than the character he portrayed himself to be when he sat across from John Schneider, good for him. If he becomes an All Pro? Good for him. Him not doing it for one of the 7 teams that picked before Philly? That's on him, and they were right to pass.

The Eagles were just well positioned with the talent they already have to absorb the loss if he failed. Another team after them would have been desperate enough to ignore his issues and taken him regardless.

His fall is his own.