any of you .netters gonna be down at the stadium today ?

djTOY2000

Reaction score
I'm on my way up from Vancouver to attend Golden Tate's autograph session and am bringing up my recent painting as well as all my others...

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I went to Tate's autograph session last year. Left work at 3 pm from Mukilteo, Showed up at 4 pm for the 7 pm signing, my dumb ass went to the bathroom first before establishing my place in line, so I ended up outside (no guarantee of an autograph). I was told I was number 75 or something outside. It's 8 pm, Tate has to leave right on time but managed to sign for an extra 100 people...which did NOT include me because somehow 25 people cut in line in front of me. There was only one other person in front of me that got cut off and turned away. So my experience was really crappy, I hope yours was much better this year :).

OP
OP
djTOY2000

djTOY2000

Reaction score
mine was "okay" as i wasn't there in the "normal" fashion of being a fan wanting an autograph, but to rather start taking the steps to get player endorsements of my artwork - start talking to anyone and everyone that may point me in the right direction. I ended up being able to avoid the long 300+ person line that was outside and was simply inside the proshop with the rest of the "proshop staff" and did a lot of talking to people and fans as they all seemed to be curious as to "who i was" (i guess you can call that some decent exposure) I also briefly spoke to Tate's GF Alyse (sp?) who happens to be somewhat his manager apparently and told her a slight bit about my sports art memorabilia and quickly swapped information, but who knows where that will go at this point - seems like everyone involved on the "inside" with the 'Hawks this year are super busy so i just have to patiently wait until someone gets back to me, keep my levels of frustration down as sometimes, somedays, i just feel like putting my brushes down again... I did happen to catch G.T. taking a quick look over his shoulder a couple times at the art, but he was signing things left and right one after another...

snuffhawk

Reaction score
Man your art looks even better in person ... don't put the brushes down. GL with the players.

OP
OP
djTOY2000

djTOY2000

Reaction score
snuffhawk":2tzaars4 said:
Man your art looks even better in person ... don't put the brushes down. GL with the players.

Thanks Snuff. yeah, i'm not gonna quit on this endeavor that i am embarking on, this is just the beginning of my quest... just like everything, starting off will have its frustrations. Exposure is key to "getting it" out there... yesterday on the 2 hour drive back home i had time to just "think" about things.