Any realistic prospects that you feel confident about?

SDHawk

Reaction score
SDHawk":ivfyuhcn said:
at #32:

WR-Allen Robinson
OL-Xavier Su'a-Filo

at #64

OL-Joel Bitonio, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif
WR-Davante Adams, Martavis Bryant
TE-Troy Niklas
DE/LB-Aaron Lynch, Trevor Reilly

at #128

WR-Donte Moncrief
RB-Lache Seastrunk, Isaiah Crowell
DT-Justin Ellis
LB-Christian Jones
CB-Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Keith McGill, Dontae Johnson

"But he really is physical and has no problem taking on pulling linemen."

Didn't notice this when I saw the Clemson game earlier, thanks for pointing this out.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I think Bitonio is a realistic pick, maybe even at 32. I feel pretty confident that he would be a very good Left Guard in the NFL. Solid if not sexy pick.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Donte Moncrief. He fits the profile that PC/JS like. He's big, fast, and has a big upside. He would definitely be there at #32 and possibly even at #64. Another possibility but not mentioned much is Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame. A lot of draft experts are saying he's a good fit at 5-tech and in 4-3 or 3-4 type defense. 5-tech is a void that they need to fill. McDaniel is penciled in there but I think Tuitt would be more effective and give something that McD and Bryant didn't - a pass rush threat. He could be around at #32.

jp25591

Reaction score
Deron Furr from Fort Valley State is a late round/UDFA i like. Former 4 star recruit. He's a safety/lb at 6'3 225lbs and is a big hitter.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I am completely sold on Jason Verrett (Texas Christian). Has some ET and Honey Badger to him.

Maybe not a Seahawk due to lack of height; but man, everything about the kid screams "ideal Seahawks nickle CB" Ball skills, angry, tackle, blitzes

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
kobebryant":3rr1983d said:
I am completely sold on Jason Verrett (Texas Christian). Has some ET and Honey Badger to him.

Maybe not a Seahawk due to lack of height; but man, everything about the kid screams "ideal Seahawks nickle CB" Ball skills, angry, tackle, blitzes
Combine interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX5_G1rIuYw

Among the desirable characteristics, he seems to have the confidence needed to play the position. I think what distinguishes the players they target in the draft are those that have that "grit factor" which can't be sufficiently determined by what we can see and know (vs. the work of the scouting staff.) But, we can see at least hints of that. Verrett seems to potentially have enough grit to override the lack of size. Understands that he needs to distinguish himself as a more physical player to more than make up for it. He was able to walk the talk in college.

Looks like he is being mocked in the late first to early 2nd. Is nickel corner the direction the Seahawks go at #32? If they were able to trade back into the top of the 2nd somewhere and pick up Verrett... I'd be more for it.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Cody Latimer will be a Seahawk. I'm fairly confident. He's a former basketball player with great hands and athleticism.
6'3 215
Ran a 4.39 at his pro day. He ran even a bit faster than Watkins.
A massive 39 inch vert compared to 34 inches of Watkins (only reason I'm comparing to Watkins is because he's the consensus #1 WR off the board)
He did 23 reps of bench compared to 16. He's a very strong individual.

I think the Hawks will take at least two WRs in this draft with Latimer being one of the two. My guess is with their 4th round pick.

BHF

Reaction score
ivotuk":3pl9uzig said:
I really like Stephon Tuitt. He had an off year and people are writing him off, but i would take him in a heart beat at 32. I see him as a DE/DT that can play both the run and pressure the passer very effectively.

I love Tuitt. I first noticed him against Michigan two years ago, and have been watching him ever since. Reminds me of a much more athletic Red. If we don't go OL in the first, I hope he's the pick.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
kearly":yby8vl2f said:
For me it's Allen Robinson

I really wasn't an Allen Robinson guy. But, I went back and watched as much as I could find. You've convinced me. He's a good one. Not sure the Hawks draft him, but he's definitely a player. I don't know why I passed him over at first.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
two dog":m2uygtpv said:
Every time I read one of these posts I say "yeah, that guy, yeah him too". I think i've drafted about 40 players so far.

I like the James at right tackle idea. Abbredaris played as a senior with a QB who couldn't throw the ball so is better
than his last year at Wisc. looked. He's not talked up as much his talent level would suggest.
I really like Paul Richardson. He's kinda skinny but can run like Forrest Gump, y'know, like the wind.

I also second Kevin Norwood as a 6-7 round or FA.
:th2thumbs:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
two dog":1b3o8839 said:
I really like Paul Richardson. He's kinda skinny but can run like Forrest Gump, y'know, like the wind.

Hope you've considered purchasing Lotto tickets this weekend.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
two dog":2psfj7rw said:

I doff my cap to thee, sir.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3hnd4838 said:
two dog":3hnd4838 said:
Every time I read one of these posts I say "yeah, that guy, yeah him too". I think i've drafted about 40 players so far.

I like the James at right tackle idea. Abbredaris played as a senior with a QB who couldn't throw the ball so is better
than his last year at Wisc. looked. He's not talked up as much his talent level would suggest.

:th2thumbs:

:0190l:

Nice call!

Throwdown

Reaction score
two dog":1fn7jizx said:

Sheesh