Any updates on Chris Carson?

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":v9cmmq1e said:
When in December? Also depending on what our record is do we risk him for a season that will be basically a win for respect versus win for a Super Bowl chance.

Exactly. In that likely situation sit him and save him for a line that can open a running lane. This line will just destroy him again, or break his will to succeed.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Seymour":14ktwoyg said:
chris98251":14ktwoyg said:
When in December? Also depending on what our record is do we risk him for a season that will be basically a win for respect versus win for a Super Bowl chance.

Exactly. In that likely situation sit him and save him for a line that can open a running lane. This line will just destroy him again, or break his will to succeed.

Since it's already "likely" in your book, let's just suck for draft position. If the team (fails to) act(s) now, we can still place higher than many teams still striving to win. Even the 49ers won yesterday! #goseahawks #draftdaywinners :irishdrinkers:

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
That's great news! Does anyone honestly think Carson is the running back of the future here? Because I really did, and I still really, really want to. He's built like a true workhorse RB, and he was showing that he plays like one, too. I just don't know what to expect when he returns, either this year or next. I won't be surprised if they go RB early in the draft next year.

But dang....I'm still so bummed about his injury. I don't think I had been that excited about a rookie in a long, long time. He had a bright season ahead of him.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":26dl841c said:
That's great news! Does anyone honestly think Carson is the running back of the future here? Because I really did, and I still really, really want to. He's built like a true workhorse RB, and he was showing that he plays like one, too. I just don't know what to expect when he returns, either this year or next. I won't be surprised if they go RB early in the draft next year.

But dang....I'm still so bummed about his injury. I don't think I had been that excited about a rookie in a long, long time. He had a bright season ahead of him.

He hadn't yet started putting up the numbers of a true producer. But there was plenty of reason to think he might.

He was also a lot better at keeping his QB clean than Rawls has turned out to be.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
This would be absolutely huge. He's the only back on the roster who has real primary back potential in all 3 facets. Dude's a stud and would really round out the offense down the stretch.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The techniques for high ankle sprain surgery, and the recovery from it, have really advanced remarkably. I still think it's an outside chance that he will be recovered enough to play this year, and by the time he is recovered enough, we will have a good sense of whether it makes sense to risk bringing him back. If we go into the Rams game with only 2 losses, or the Cowboys game with only 3 losses, then I think it's worth the risk to bring him back. If we have 4 losses before the Rams game, then I would not bring him back until next season.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Sit Carson out the rest of the year and let him heal properly. Why risk premature injury

Seymour

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":34eolj6m said:
Seymour":34eolj6m said:
chris98251":34eolj6m said:

Since it's already "likely" in your book, let's just suck for draft position. If the team (fails to) act(s) now, we can still place higher than many teams still striving to win. Even the 49ers won yesterday! #goseahawks #draftdaywinners :irishdrinkers:

Not just "likely" in my book, Vegas books also. They are at 7/1 odds to even make it there ATM.

Anyone that thinks otherwise may want to "invest" some money in their opinion.

Attachments

• Vegas-SB-Odds.jpg
    Vegas-SB-Odds.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 4,332

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/935284966539137025[/tweet]

vin.couve12

Reaction score
The offense really needs this regardless, but the team overall needs this given recent personnel losses. Even just a little juice from his return could really spark things. A RB cracking some pads always seems to get both sides of the ball jacked up.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Honestly, after seeing that injury, it's hard to conceive of Carson coming back this season, and even if back, having his speed and power when he does. Major kudos to the Seahawks medical staff and to Carson if somehow that comes to pass.

Youth, resiliency, and indestructibility does come in handy. Hallelujah if that's what Carson has going for him. That's all I can figure. Too bad youth is wasted on the young. Just ask Richard Sherman.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The latest in this particular roller coaster:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/941050505068814336[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/941051133807689730[/tweet]

original poster

Reaction score
Still seems entirely possible to get him back for the first playoff weekend.

Not sure I like the idea, personally. I'd sooner let Mike Davis continue to make strides (quite literally). No doubt Carson is eager to get back and the team won't want him causing any further problems to the ankle.