Camp news

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Seahawks.net is not my only source for anything Seahawks related, but I do rely on it for insights and analysis from the plethora of knowledgeable fans. :rolleyes:

It seems like this year is fairly slow and devoid of daily camp news. Back in the old Cheney days I would go to camp 2-3 times a week and post my observations on another site. I know that it isn’t as easy or accessible now as it was then, but damn, where’s all the daily updates?
Where are you all going for daily camp news. Haven’t gotten a newspaper in years and they used to be a good source of camp info.

I like reading about training camp. Whether it be from professional sports writers or just average interested fans like me.

Where is all the daily camp info???!

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
One option is to subscribe to The Athletic.

Michael-Shawn Dugar is The Athletic's beat writer for the Hawks... and he does a great job following the team and giving daily updates with his observations and insight.

I formerly subscribed to the Seattle Times but have since let that lapse for what I believe is sub-standard coverage of the team.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I agree Dugar give the best insight on the team available right now.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I third that on Dugar being the best. The Athletic is excellent, Dugar's coverage is excellent (like the days of Farnsworth and Sando) and I tell anyone who will listen that The monthly subscription to The Athletic is the best buck a month I've ever spent.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
This really isn't the place for up-to-the-minute news. It's more of a message board where people can come and complain about the team. At least, that's why I'm here.

pmedic920

Reaction score
This really isn't the place for up-to-the-minute news. It's more of a message board where people can come and complain about the team. At least, that's why I'm here.
Yea maybe so but it’s our own fault.

When I first signed up it was one of the best places for news, and most of the time it would be available here as soon as it was available anywhere.

These days the bickering and put downs for simple opinions seems to be the norm.

Again, it’s our fault collectively.
This place is what WE make it.

Last edited:

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I will echo how good Dugar is in his coverage. I also listen to his Man 2 Man podcast with Christopher Kidd. I don't know if you need a membership to listen to it but it's good

OP
OP
oldhawkfan

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I third that on Dugar being the best. The Athletic is excellent, Dugar's coverage is excellent (like the days of Farnsworth and Sando) and I tell anyone who will listen that The monthly subscription to The Athletic is the best buck a month I've ever spent.
When you say a buck is it really only $1.00? I’m a cheap ass. Just ask my wife. :ROFLMAO:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's somewhere around there. Could be $1.99 now, but it's worth it.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
When you say a buck is it really only $1.00? I’m a cheap ass. Just ask my wife. :ROFLMAO:
I joined two years ago... and subscribed to their annual plan special, which was $48/year for the first year (or $4/month).

The regular price of the annual plan is $72.00. I have since renewed my subscription twice.

@oldhawkfan, send me a private message with your email address and I'll submit to The Athletic for you (as one of my friends) to receive 30 days of free access to all their articles. Take it for a 30-day spin and see if you like the content.

The same offer exists for the first five members to send me their email addresses. After submitting them to The Athletic I will delete the message and not share your email address with anybody.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Another benefit of The Athletic is access to Mike Sando's articles. Most of us here remember Mike when he was the Seahawks beat writer for ESPN. Mike's writing/analysis of the NFL is stellar.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep Sando was a great beat writer. My very favorite was Clare Farnsworth. I was bummed when he retired. Great guy, met him a few times.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
Seahawks reddit is kind of like this site was back in the day in terms of breaking news and personal accounts. They locked the sub a month or so ago in protest, but it looks to be back.