Anyone Else notice Russ Limping a bit??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Noticed a limp (guessing big bruise right now) after he took very solid pop from the bears lb when he scrambled I think in the 4th, right on upper thigh/hip.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Jville":1yziyxjz said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/StacyRost/status/1042862909204787200[/tweet]

They have been going to reporting every little thing since the Sherman hysteria last year. All the gossip columnists love it. All the more to work with for speculation and fiction.

I mean, it's a QB injury significant enough to appear on the report. She's a local reporter. Nothing out of the ordinary.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He needs coaches who understand WHAT HE IS GOOD AT. Geezus, it's pathetic how they can't create and offense that caters to their QB and his strengths. You know like many teams around the league do? :roll:

xray

Reaction score
12 sacks and lots of other contact by huge fast humans .....I'm sure he does have a slight limp...lucky to be alive in all fairness. The best scrambler of all time in my opinion was Fran Tarkenten....mispelled I'm sure ;but played 18 years ;and is in the HOF. So I guess it's possible.

JimmyG

Reaction score
Palmegranite":383ndkye said:
pittpnthrs":383ndkye said:
Sure he's lost a step. He's 30 years old now. I doubt anybody is as fast or faster at 30 than they are in their early 20's.
Someone would beg to differ.

Usain Bolt enhanced his already legendary Olympic status with an unprecedented third consecutive 100m, 200m and 4x100m triple at Rio 2016........., the Jamaican star bid farewell to the Olympic stage by celebrating his 30th birthday on the day of the Closing Ceremony of the Rio Games
This is the second time I've heard someone bring up Usain Bolt in this context. It is an absolutely terrible comparison. First of all, track stars specialize in basically one skill (being fast). All of their conditioning and training is focused on that. Football players train for a hell of a lot more than just "being fast".

Second of all, football is a ruthlessly tough and physically demanding sport. There is reason why running backs have such a short shelf life. Quarterbacks don't endure the same wear and tear that RBs do (especially in recent years, with the emphasis on player safety), but you're still talking about a violent sport that takes a toll on the body.

JimmyG

Reaction score
Seymour":1fqpl2kw said:
Not buying it! Just last year he was clocked as the fastest QB in the league at 20.14 MPH. :177692:
Straight line speed is not the same thing as quickness and agility. Colin Kaepernick was an absolute gazelle when he got into the open field and started taking those long strides (think about the NFCCG in 2013 when he broke off that 50/60 yard run), but he never had agility or quickness in the same class as Wilson.

I think where Wilson is showing signs of slowing down a little bit is when it comes to his elusiveness -- that's more of a quick-twitch, stop-start skill, not straight line speed.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seymour":noulo4wk said:
Aros":noulo4wk said:
Not specifically but I can tell you he has absolutely lost a step in recent years. Some say weight, some same "well that's what happens when you continually get pasted by top Defensive Linemen game-after-game" and it may be those and other things but it's been something I have noticed in the past two seasons specifically. That initial burst and quick juking that made him so elusive and deadly in his first few years is a thing of the past. He's likely playing more banged up any given game than any of us realize. Plus the inevitable Father Time.

I sure hope this team gets it together and puts Russell in position to succeed again. He should have several years left but with this offense? Ugh.

Not buying it! Just last year he was clocked as the fastest QB in the league at 20.14 MPH. :177692:
Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson’s top speed of 20.14 m.p.h. is slightly faster than Cam Newton’s 20.08. But in a twist, Wilson reached that speed playing some defense — chasing down Rams safety John Johnson III after an interception to save a touchdown. After the game, Wilson said the tackle “took me back to my high school days when I used to play corner.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/04/sports/football/nfl-speed-leonard-fournette.html?_r=0

Anyone wanting to question the data, here are the facts on how they know the fastest players.....
The NFL has gone high-tech. New for the 2015 season, every player has a tracker embedded in his shoulder pads that collects data like velocity, distance traveled and proximity to opposing players. Zebra Technologies is the company behind the tech, and the insights they provide are letting fans see the game in a whole new light.

Also....you say this is a thing of the past? This was last year 11/2017....

[youtube]PFMDJJPZhx8[/youtube]

His attempt to tackle Prince Amukamara, after the interception, was terrible. Seemed like a very half-assed attempt.
[youtube]YHtLGmDd5f8[/youtube]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Geezus, people will pick ANYTHING to get on this guy about. Have you even watched him play? He has made plenty of tackles after interceptions.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1c34n64h said:
I'm 50 and I'm faster and in better shape than I've ever been in life.
30 is nothing for a QB.

I just turned 59 and I'm faster than I've ever been! It has nothing to do with running speed, unfortunately... :shock: :mrgreen:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pow. It sounds so old when I say it. 50. Damn :lol:
Did a 20 mile hike on my 50th though, so not bad.......

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":4olbf2i4 said:
Pow. It sounds so old when I say it. 50. Damn :lol:
Did a 20 mile hike on my 50th though, so not bad.......

My buddy ran a 50K on his 50th this year. Show off. :p

I on the other hand, will be doing the responsible thing for my 50th in November:

Vegas Baby. :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers: :greetingsearthling: :smilingalien: :vodka:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3bs8y6b2 said:
Geezus, people will pick ANYTHING to get on this guy about. Have you even watched him play? He has made plenty of tackles after interceptions.

That’s why I made the comment. It just didn’t seem like the normal effort he gives on such plays. To me it was very unlike Russ.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":5hts7pno said:

No doubt....including a one hand shoestring on Suh. Russell made plenty of effort and was closing in, he just got juked like he's done to 100+ or so other players.

xray

Reaction score
I am not a Wilson fan mostly because of his huge ego and unrealistic optimism and really bad decisions on the field at the worst possible times ; but that's just me. That being said ; being a Seahawks Team fan I don't want him getting hurt. Like almost every position the Hawks are lacking depth. If Wilson goes down the Hawks go down with him. That is the danger of relying on one player too much; especially one like Wilson who really feels he can do it all; but shows he can't. The Hawks should of made a real effort to get a quality backup to develop years ago; but didn't. Every defensive opponent.on the schedule want to put Wilson on a golf cart ride. Brady-Manning-Luck-Rodgers-Romo- and many more have all had season ending injuries. It's not if but when for Wilson.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1qpk45h2 said:
Seymour":1qpk45h2 said:
Aros":1qpk45h2 said:
Not specifically but I can tell you he has absolutely lost a step in recent years. Some say weight, some same "well that's what happens when you continually get pasted by top Defensive Linemen game-after-game" and it may be those and other things but it's been something I have noticed in the past two seasons specifically. That initial burst and quick juking that made him so elusive and deadly in his first few years is a thing of the past. He's likely playing more banged up any given game than any of us realize. Plus the inevitable Father Time.

I sure hope this team gets it together and puts Russell in position to succeed again. He should have several years left but with this offense? Ugh.

Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson’s top speed of 20.14 m.p.h. is slightly faster than Cam Newton’s 20.08. But in a twist, Wilson reached that speed playing some defense — chasing down Rams safety John Johnson III after an interception to save a touchdown. After the game, Wilson said the tackle “took me back to my high school days when I used to play corner.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/04/sports/football/nfl-speed-leonard-fournette.html?_r=0

Anyone wanting to question the data, here are the facts on how they know the fastest players.....
The NFL has gone high-tech. New for the 2015 season, every player has a tracker embedded in his shoulder pads that collects data like velocity, distance traveled and proximity to opposing players. Zebra Technologies is the company behind the tech, and the insights they provide are letting fans see the game in a whole new light.

His attempt to tackle Prince Amukamara, after the interception, was terrible. Seemed like a very half-assed attempt.

I think the half assed attempt was more to do with let them score quickly so we have another chance with time on the clock.

pmedic920

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":mo5elxqa said:
hawkfan68":mo5elxqa said:
Seymour":mo5elxqa said:
Aros":mo5elxqa said:

I think the half assed attempt was more to do with let them score quickly so we have another chance with time on the clock.

Wait, that would require some thought by an intelligent QB.

YOU SURE you want to go with that?

That’s way too much credit round these parts.

:{)

Status
Not open for further replies.