Anyone notice how J.J Watt broke his nose??

ZagHawk

Reaction score
One thing to note with that banged up nose is Watt clearly could no longer breathe from his nose, and was most likely swallowing blood through the majority of the game. And he STILL was a beast. That is one awesome defensive player.

TJH

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3rciznkg said:
He wasn't as effective leaking.

Dude, we are the one team in the league that can't really call out ANYONE for peds.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
TJH":1w0a1yz2 said:
brimsalabim":1w0a1yz2 said:
He wasn't as effective leaking.

Dude, we are the one team in the league that can't really call out ANYONE for peds.

I kinda agree. I also don't think that JJ is a roider. He doesn't have that freakishly unnatural looking physique. He's just a big, powerful dude who plays with speed, power, leverage, and intensity.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
They kept showin him. I got so sick of lookin at him in the first half I glad he got busted up.

pmedic920

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":3okbg0nh said:
For a guy touted as such a class has he was a real jerk shoving that trainer away who was trying to get the blood off his face.

Don't go have all these nfl network specials making you look like a role model to kids and then shove your training staff around.

His nose was/is broken. That trainer was not wiping blood away. The trainer put pressure on Watts nose to either check for movement or to straighten the break. That crap hurts. Trainer probably didn't explain to Watt what he was doing before he did it. He's lucky Watt didn't smash him like the Sasquatch does in those commercials. JJ Watt is a class act, I'd love to have him on our squad. There are plenty of guys in the NFL that deserve what ever crap they get. At this point in time JJ Watt in not one of them. You make our whole group look bad by saying this kind of stuff. Same goes for the "roid" comment above. I'm not the thread police and you are entitled to your opinion but "come on man" put some thought into it.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
WATT is for real. Houston should be proud.

a few dumb mistakes but Schaub isn't minced meat either (HOU should also be proud).

The Radish

Reaction score
dsquid":1iuqk4sl said:
He didn't break his nose. Cuts across the bridge of your nose like that typically happen when your helmet rotates forward and the top part (where the facemask joins in) comes down and hits you. To visualize this, imagine a bowl on your head. Now rotate the bowl forward until the forward lip hits your nose.

Hitting the ground or another player can cause the facemask to catch and spin the whole helmet. Because the skin on the face and head is highly vascularized, it bleeds like crazy when cut.

Ask me how I know....lol

Your lying again squid, you don't have any bandaid on you nose.......

hahahahaha

dsquid

Reaction score
The trainer was putting pressure (and a cut pen) on the cut trying to stop the bleeding. If you have proof that the nose is broken, cite your sources.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
It was fake 'rasslin' blood, trying to rally his troops.

When the towel boy tried to wipe it off, he shoved him away so as not to expose the ruse.

BGHawk

Reaction score
Yea yea..his nose was bleeding, so what. I think he wanted to portray himself a little bit with all that blood running everywhere..he lost, the texsns lost..moving on. Go hawks

BGHawk

Reaction score
Yea yea..his nose was bleeding, so what. I think he wanted to portray himself a little bit with all that blood running everywhere..he lost, the texsns lost..moving on. Go hawks

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
dsquid":defv8eru said:
The trainer was putting pressure (and a cut pen) on the cut trying to stop the bleeding. If you have proof that the nose is broken, cite your sources.

No proof, but it was swollen and crooked to one side. Looked pretty broken to me.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
I'm not saying hes roiding or not... And I agree, overall he seems like a 'class act'. Sure seems like he had some of what I will call 'similar to roid rage' moments during and shortly after the game.

Perhaps that could be attributed to some of those legal pre-workout stimulants you see most gym rats toting around?

Again, not attributing to Watt, but I have seen actual roid rage and its no joke. I was in the marine corps and we had a guy just randomly beat the tar out of his roommate one day. Dude was so obviously roiding too.