Anyone surprised Prosise made it?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
He’s healthy and played in the final three preseason games, so not surprised he made it. Let’s see what he can do when the bullets are flying.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
mikeak":h1gls8ci said:
More guys will be cut. If not now then as players come back / others become available. You keep Prosise for week 1 and as long as he plays.

If he can stay healthy he stays on roster. If he gets injured he will probably be cut

Same thoughts here. Look at today's 53, and I would bet 3 maybe 4 are placeholders in case better prospects become available.

Seafan

Reaction score
With the injury history at the position and with McKissic and Penney currently recovering, not a surpise. He's still on his rookie deal. The true opening day roster hasn't happened yet and already there have been changes. With this team's history of roster churn nothing surprises me.

Fade

Reaction score
Yep. McKissic got hurt, as soon as that happened I knew Prosise would make it.

The surprise will be whether he can make it through September without going on IR.

He is Mr. Glass after all.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
AgentDib":3e5vvtes said:
It's been an easy decision from the start. He has huge upside and a very cheap contract. If he gets hurt he goes to IR and then we can still bring up your favorite PS guy that you wish we had kept instead.

Pretty much this. The roster was hardly crowded. Cutting him would have done nothing for the team except salve some fans' frustration with his injuries.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3euw2k8d said:
It's more dissapointing than surprising tbh. He has no business being on this roster, when a hard working kid like Reynolds could come in and contribute.

Reynolds doesn't have the same talent as Prosise.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Not surprised we're going RB heavy at all given injury to the position and that many of them can split out wide. Not surprised.

xray

Reaction score
Prosise was a used as a S and a WR before RB at Notre Dame. I read an article that explained that Prosise should have been converted back to a WR when he came to Seattle. He played WR much better than RB while @ Notre Dame. He is not durable enough to play much running back which has led to many injuries. It makes me wonder if he was playing his more natural position WR with less contact that he would have been more productive with much less injuries. Maybe Carroll should consider playing Prosise to his strengths rather than his weakness. He is a homerun guy with the ball in the open field he has shown that.If Baldwin goes down I would put Prosise as the slot reciever and never lined up in the backfield again. Just my opinion .

olyfan63

Reaction score
FIFY. That pesky YouTube syntax.
brimsalabim":fdv8vot7 said:
https://youtu.be/YadFEDZPLWU
[youtube]YadFEDZPLWU[/youtube]

Seymour

Reaction score
bigskydoc":727hueyf said:
The contract has never been the issue for me with Prosise. It’s that he is taking up a valuable roster spot

Prosisely!!

kobebryant

Reaction score
Not really surprised. Young, inexpensive and talented.

McKissic is out for a bit, Penny hasn't gotten much work, and I can't think of a guy that they cut that I would have preferred that they kept instead.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If McKissic was healthy, I think this would have been the year Pete got fed up with Prosise's hangnails and cut him.

But with Penny not all the way back AND McKissic out, no brainer, had to keep Prosise. WE NEED HIM ON THAT BENCH!!! HELL YES HE ORDERED THE CODE RED!!!

mikeak

Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2459 ... osses-more

""New England runs empty [backfield] passes out of regular personnel [two backs and a tight end], with the No. 2s running seams, the No. 1s running hitches, the inside guy running the option route and the back all the way outside so they can have a man-zone coverage tip"

OK so is this partly why we have Prosise on the roster? The ability to be in old school formations but then go to a NE style where from that we go to just one guy in the backfield / none in the backfield and have the advantage against the formations and personnel on the field?

Penny fits in this concept as well

Latest posts