Anyone want to be the 49ers offensive coordinator?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
lucky49":3uep5qkk said:
hawksfansinceday1":3uep5qkk said:
lucky49":3uep5qkk said:
i literally can't defend anything the niners are doing right now. but when the seahawks eventually start sucking again I'm going to have a lot of fun
The problem with your thought process is that your team will still suck because Jed will still own them so making fun of a Hawks team that sucks won't be any fun cuz your team will still be in the same boat.
Oh, and don't hold your breath about Seattle sucking. The Hawks have a Patriots-like run of excellence just starting.

lmfao, ok, the seahawks are NEVER going to be a bad team again? thats awesome for you guys, I guess.

Carroll said the other day that he hoped to continue coaching for the next decade. It's not looking good for you . . .

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":q6vagret said:
lucky49":q6vagret said:
i literally can't defend anything the niners are doing right now. but when the seahawks eventually start sucking again I'm going to have a lot of fun
The problem with your thought process is that your team will still suck because Jed will still own them so making fun of a Hawks team that sucks won't be any fun cuz your team will still be in the same boat.
Oh, and don't hold your breath about Seattle sucking. The Hawks have a Patriots-like run of excellence just starting.

So Marv, Popeye, rlkats, Smellingthefearinhwktwn, lucky49, 5_VHS Era_Rings, et. al. I've got a serious question for you guys: Is there any chance in hell that cheapskate POS owner of yours does something with the turf on your new stadium so when SB 50 is played there it isn't an embarrasment to your team and stadium?

Couple things...

1) Funny to me after this Harbaugh thing all of the sudden the guy who is still with the 49ers (Jed) is one of the worst owners in the NFL, none of the responsibility for any of this is laid at Harbaughs feet, and now York is a cheap Jerry Jones wanna-be. Jed hired Harbaugh. It's not like he's never won. They saved money on HC and probably the coordinators, but we are probably talking about 3-4 mil TOTAL is savings. They'll be also supported those guys now with 5 former coordinators working as position coaches and have 2 ex-head coaches on the staff.

To put that $$$$ savings in perspective, they spent more than that resodding the field several times last year. If he was really cheap, he could have just put in field turf and be done with it.

2) To answer your question about the field, the initial problem was the sand/soil mixture below the sod. The sod wouldn't root and divots wouldn't take when replanted. Field basically died. That issue was resolved, but it threw off the timeline and they were under the gun all year. It was normal at Candlestick to resod several times a year and will be the same at Levi's, but every subsequent field after the first wasn't as mature as they would have liked so got torn up sooner and accelerated the problem.

God willing, that won't be an issue this year.

3) Patriots like. Lol. Slow down there dude. There is a reason why what the Pats now and the 49ers in the 80s did is SOOOO rare. Win today and you've got yourself a great start, but you haven't even gotten to the woods yet where you start losing several good players a year and have to replenish them. You haven't gotten to the part where RW is making 20+ mil per year and you lose the great advantage of a great QB making 600k per year thanks to the CBA.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but don't count your chickens yet. Strange stuff can happen on the way to a Dynasty.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Marvin another reason its so rare is that one of those teams above circumvented the cap the other has been caught up in two scandals now that are investigated and acused of many more.. So if the Seahawks win and keep pace without the scandals then whats your fall back position. Kinda makes the lol you threw out lame doesnt it ?

Marvin49

Reaction score
homerun1970":2cx99ajl said:
Marvin another reason its so rare is that one of those teams above circumvented the cap the other has been caught up in two scandals now that are investigated and acused of many more.. So if the Seahawks win and keep pace without the scandals then whats your fall back position. Kinda makes the lol you threw out lame doesnt it ?

Well first off THERE WAS NO CAP for the first 4 rings and the fifth was in the first year of the cap.

Second...seems to me you just laid out more reason why it's so hard to maintain greatness.

As for the result of the game...I just can't even bring myself to make fun of you guys. Memory of SB 47 is still too fresh in my mind.

Marvin49

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":39zzihsm said:
Marvin49":39zzihsm said:
Well first off THERE WAS NO CAP for the first 4 rings and the fifth was in the first year of the cap.

Second...seems to me you just laid out more reason why it's so hard to maintain greatness.

As for the result of the game...I just can't even bring myself to make fun of you guys. Memory of SB 47 is still too fresh in my mind.

Soul crushing injuries...

Inexplicable and dynasty destroying hubris on the part of your OC...

Yea, you know exactly where we are right now.

1st and goal with a Lombardi on the line...inexplicably your RB who happen to be your best player on offense doesn't get the ball to win the game.

Yup. Been there,

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Marvin49":1nlw4jzn said:
Me too, but more for the players. For some reason when I saw Sherman's reaction to the game losing pick, instead of bitter laughter I actually felt really bad for him. What is this crap doing to me?

lucky49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1f366one said:
lucky49":1f366one said:
hawksfansinceday1":1f366one said:
lucky49":1f366one said:

lmfao, ok, the seahawks are NEVER going to be a bad team again? thats awesome for you guys, I guess.

Carroll said the other day that he hoped to continue coaching for the next decade. It's not looking good for you . . .

:p

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Marvin49":29auu60w said:
The_Z_Man":29auu60w said:
Marvin49":29auu60w said:

Soul crushing injuries...

Inexplicable and dynasty destroying hubris on the part of your OC...

Yea, you know exactly where we are right now.

1st and goal with a Lombardi on the line...inexplicably your RB who happen to be your best player on offense doesn't get the ball to win the game.

Yup. Been there,

Was going to say.. this is just how the Niners lost to the Ravens a couple years ago.

Always compared Bevell to Roman.. I didn't know I'd be that dead on.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Marvin49":d39ctcu5 said:
homerun1970":d39ctcu5 said:

Yes it is going to be harder to maintain than what the Steelers and 49ers had to overcome. NFL landscape has changed tremendously with free agency and the cap. I don't think the Seahawks are done yet we are one Bevel mind melt removed from the good start you spoke of. Nice ignore on the fact that the first year of the cap 49ers were over.
The team assembled and held on to back then would be like us going ahead and adding Beckham Jr and Megatron and paying em on down the road as a team assistant.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Maybe Darrell Bevell will be available. The niners want to be more like the Seahawks, what better way is there?

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":1qichpc9 said:
Maybe Darrell Bevell will be available. The niners want to be more like the Seahawks, what better way is there?

I'd actually take him over Chryst, but my guess is he won't be going anywhere. Pete doesn't seem like the kinda guy who would react like that.

Plus, have you seen the OC market these days? Be careful what you ask for.