Anyone watching the Pro Bowl next week?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Pro Bowl is the most unwatchable professional sporting event of the year, I will most definitely be finding something else to do.

Watch my grass grow
Watch some paint dry
sort my sock drawer

You know, do something more exciting.

John63

Reaction score
Yes, for one its football, 2 we have players particiapting, so I will watch and support them.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I haven't just sat down and watched a full pro bowl in a very long time. If I'm home, I put it on the tv while I'm doing other things, and I'll watch a few plays here and there, but it just doesn't hold much excitement to it.

I have enjoyed a lot of the activities surrounding the pro bowl each year though. Those, IMO, are actually much more interesting to me than the game itself.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":o9sh8lb7 said:
Yes, for one its football, 2 we have players particiapting, so I will watch and support them.

You'll spend an entire Friday night bashing Pete, but you're all in for wasting four hours on a Sunday supporting our players for the Pro Bowl.

You sir, are an enigma wrapped inside a riddle.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Should be a very boring first half for the NFC if Petes coaching. :D (sorry couldnt resist)

No to watching the pro bowl. It is the joke of all sporting events.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Haven't watched in years. But I'll likely DVR it and maybe skim thru later if I get bored. Like really bored

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":v5vvyxac said:
Seahwkgal":v5vvyxac said:
What channel, day and time(eastern) is it on? I would rather watch this than the SB.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/283 ... el-rosters

The 2020 Pro Bowl -- the NFL's version of an All-Star Game -- will be played at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida, on Sunday, Jan. 26. The game begins at 3 p.m. ET, and you can watch it live on ESPN, ESPN Deportes, ABC, Disney XD and on the ESPN app.

Shaquill Griffin also got named as an alternate to replace Sherm.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Naw...I have 2 doors to build for my campers. Want them done and painted before I go watch golf next weekend in Phx. Also have too much other winter work to do that I think is more important.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Russ did stay aboard to try for a 4th and 8 right before the half.

It was a turnover on downs.

Because the game does not "count," it's an opportunity for PC to try out less conservative plays with, well, pro-bowl players. Hope to see more of this.

ETA: Interception by Harrison, lateral to Fletcher Cox who brings it 61 yards for a TD.

Good for Pete. It's the Pro Bowl. Get daring and see what happens.

ETA: Calais Campbell strips Cousins, returned for a TD. Campbell's a free agent, right?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Pete clearly being outcoached. Did he coach a conservative game plan? Wait too long to adjust? Has the game passed him by? Just getting it all out there before someone else does....

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1ugwd6fr said:
Pete clearly being outcoached. Did he coach a conservative game plan? Wait too long to adjust? Has the game passed him by? Just getting it all out there before someone else does....

I'm furious they didn't try to throw it Austin Hooper every down Russ was in there. Do they not want him?!

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1dsjblbx said:

He took a lot of risks we haven't seen him take for some regular seasons.

And this is what I've been saying: If Pete is to be coached/coerced whatever into making what we largely think he should do, we can't assume it's gonna go our way.

Like, Cousins just got intercepted on a fourth and 15...by ET.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1u9tybra said:
Cyrus12":1u9tybra said:

And this is what I've been saying: If Pete is to be coached/coerced whatever into making what we largely think he should do, we can't assume it's gonna go our way.

Taking risks? There are no risks in the Pro Bowl. It's a live action Madden game without the tackling.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3gqdml1p said:
SantaClaraHawk":3gqdml1p said:
Cyrus12":3gqdml1p said:

Taking risks? There are no risks in the Pro Bowl. It's a live action Madden game without the tackling.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2upntrn2 said:
Seanhawk":2upntrn2 said:
SantaClaraHawk":2upntrn2 said:
Cyrus12":2upntrn2 said:

You're right. What I meant is that it was risk-free for PC to try some different looks. He did. It just didn't work.

jmahon316

Reaction score
At this rate, just call it the AFC Bowl. They won for the past 4 years now.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1xvfadv3 said:
Meant as a joke before I'm killed for it...pro bowl is a joke. I'm also sure a lot of the guys didnt feel like playing after the news today.

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3624ipi6 said:
Seanhawk":3624ipi6 said:

You're right. What I meant is that it was risk-free for PC to try some different looks. He did. It just didn't work.

They have a school yard playbook, you have guys going through the motions out there not wanting a injury and others like Earl that doesn't understand it's exhibition, really can't learn a whole lot when there is very little on the line and effort is not going to be focused and across the board.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1x12ooho said:
Cyrus12":1x12ooho said:
Meant as a joke..........
I literally LOL'd

And no, I didn't watch