Apologize to Geno

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Who’s they and who’s pathetic?
"They and who" is the people still saying Geno is a choker. If you still call Geno a choker it's just factually untrue. Lots of examples of people still saying this. Hate on him all you want but he has been good when it matters the most.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Dude I’ve literally posted like 5 posts praising his game winning touchdown. Keep up.
I'm just saying. I don't think we should just brush everyone off as making wild claims about Geno being elite. Most of the board wanted him benched because they didn't think he could do exactly what was done today - aren't a few crow-sesh posts warranted?

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
What’s pathetic is starting a thread telling everyone who’s even remotely critical of Geno to eat crow. It’s goofy. Offense was bad today but made plays on a game winning drive which is awesome.
Nope be as critical of Geno as you want. I do it myself. I'm just tired of the "choker" narrative. I can gladly go and get quotes of people saying he is terrible late in games.

Ozzy

Reaction score
It was in reference to me and I’ve never once called him a choker.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm just saying. I don't think we should just brush everyone off as making wild claims about Geno being elite. Most of the board wanted him benched because they didn't think he could do exactly what was done today - aren't a few crow-sesh posts warranted?
Sure then don’t bitch when people complain about him when he isn’t playing well either which is what you guys do.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
It was in reference to me and I’ve never once called him a choker.
it was not meant to be in reference to you. I see now that Maelstrom quoted you in the reply I quoted but I was replying to him talking about haters I certainly wasn't referring to your post. Mostly I saw a bunch of people saying Geno always chokes today and I just wanted to say it's not true (factually). Sorry if you thought I was calling you out that was not my intent and I have never seen you be unfair to Geno.

I did see your reply saying "oh so he's Elite now". I responded to that with a direct quote of my own. In reference to that again, I never called him elite. I don't think anyone is.

He does pull it out in the clutch though.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Sure then don’t bitch when people complain about him when he isn’t playing well either which is what you guys do.
That's a broad stroke characterization true of some and untrue of others, especially keeping in mind that the Geno crowd is now a PROVEN superminority based on the main forum thread/poll.

There are absolutely times when he has not played well. Christ, my consistent position has been to take the out on his contract this offseason based on his current level of play. I don't like attributing the full offensive or game result to quarterback play regardless of which quarterback is in - the difference is that I'm generally put in a position to defend Geno and criticize Lock because more people believe that Geno's presence is an intrinsic detriment to team results whereas most currently believe the opposite of Lock.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
20 points and sub 300 yards against a bad NFL team. Sorry, not impressed. Not impressed with either of our QBs.
Bad NFL teams are not made equally.

The Titans pass defense isn't the bad part. Tennessee is surrendering the same amount of pass TDs as the Niners. Tennessee doesn't give up pass TDs. Geno getting 2 pass TDs is double their average. They have the best red zone defense in the league.

Even the 227 yards is not a 'bad' result against Tennessee. That's literally dead on what they surrender on average.

Meanwhile the Eagles, on the other hand, are one of the worst pass defenses in the league. They give up MORE than 2 pass TDs a game on average.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Personally I don't bitch when people complain about him not playing well. I don't think Maelstrom does either. I just happen to think he's a little misaligned, especially in the clutch. People seem to have a real hate boner for him.

Once again, this thread was not about calling Geno elite or saying people shouldn't complain about him. But the second he was sacked a bunch of people go "hes such a choker". I think its fair to say eat crow in that situation

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
That's a broad stroke characterization true of some and untrue of others, especially keeping in mind that the Geno crowd is now a PROVEN superminority based on the main forum thread/poll.

There are absolutely times when he has not played well. Christ, my consistent position has been to take the out on his contract this offseason based on his current level of play. I don't like attributing the full offensive or game result to quarterback play regardless of which quarterback is in - the difference is that I'm generally put in a position to defend Geno and criticize Lock because more people believe that Geno's presence is an intrinsic detriment to team results whereas most currently believe the opposite of Lock.
I'm not even saying he's that good I just think it's weird how much people hate him on here. It's just a little strange to me. People act like he is the worst QB in the NFL. Which is fine but I think it's fair to defend him and say he's not that.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm not even saying he's that good I just think it's weird how much people hate him on here. It's just a little strange to me.
The power of confirmation bias has never been quite as heavily displayed on the board as it currently is. This is a situation that is clearly delineating the good-faith, evidence-based posters from the others. And said posters exist on both sides of the Geno/Lock debate.

WarHawks

Reaction score
He's definitely earned a reprieve for a week. But 69 yards at halftime and 3 points isn't going to get it done against the 9'ers and other good teams in the playoffs if we make it there. Yes, he was clutch today in a game winning drive against a bad team, but as much as you tire of people not giving him his due, many of us are equally as tired of watching his anemic offense. It's not confidence inspiring. It's just not. If he proves us wrong and takes us deep in the playoffs, then great, I for one will be happy to be proven wrong. Go Hawks.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
He's definitely earned a reprieve for a week. But 69 yards at halftime and 3 points isn't going to get it done against the 9'ers and other good teams in the playoffs. Yes, he was clutch today in a game winning drive against a bad team, but as much as you tire of people not giving him his due, many of us are equally as tired of watching his anemic offense. It's not confidence inspiring. It's just not. If he proves us wrong and takes us deep in the playoffs, then great, I for one will be happy to be proven wrong. Go Hawks.
The hate is fine. The offense can be nauseating at times I agree. Really I just want to give people some shit and say he has been clutch. Multiple times this year. But yeah I can see why people are tired of the offense. I wouldn't exactly say Lock was 10x better last week though. I see it more as a system issue. And Geno might not even be better than Lock. But he does really get hated on

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
How many of the game winning drives have been against teams with winning records.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Bad NFL teams are not made equally.

The Titans pass defense isn't the bad part. Tennessee is surrendering the same amount of pass TDs as the Niners. Tennessee doesn't give up pass TDs. Geno getting 2 pass TDs is double their average. They have the best red zone defense in the league.

Even the 227 yards is not a 'bad' result against Tennessee. That's literally dead on what they surrender on average.

Meanwhile the Eagles, on the other hand, are one of the worst pass defenses in the league. They give up MORE than 2 pass TDs a game on average.
Was surprised to hear Tennessee has the #1 RZ defense. Eagles offense has looked bad lately, and always pretty bad on defense.

We left far more points on the board vs the Eagles and that’s not a comment on Lock.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
The hate is fine. The offense can be nauseating at times I agree. Really I just want to give people some shit and say he has been clutch. Multiple times this year. But yeah I can see why people are tired of the offense. I wouldn't exactly say Lock was 10x better last week though. I see it more as a system issue. And Geno might not even be better than Lock. But he does really get hated on
Lock wasn't 10x better last week because he was worse. He produced less against a lesser defense with more support from his running game and his offensive line.

I mean, but that's fair. He's the backup for a reason and maybe with a whole off-season as the number 1, it could be different. But the way people go crazy for a lesser performance from Lock and try to poo-poo a better one from Geno (that also had a game-winning TD drive) is weird/frustrating.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think we probably as a whole forget how hard offense is. We were spoiled by the Russ years and even this year you can see elite offenses struggling week to week. But our offense seems to stutter more than it should with our skill position players regardless of who’s in there Geno or Lock. It can be better

Latest posts