Apparently Jets wanted DK

Hollandhawk

Reaction score

JPatera76

Reaction score
the crying in the article is just sad. lol "If it’s true that the Seahawks aren’t even listening to offers, it’s stupid. Wilson wasn’t untouchable; Metcalf shouldn’t be, either. "

Ugh "Journalism" is a joke now a days.

Frozenropers1

Reaction score
That article is so crazy….the guy says Hawks aren’t using DK correctly……we should be handing the ball off to him behind the line of scrimmage (I.e.like Debo Samuels) and giving it to him on jet sweeps? Wtf? Not good ways to get him the ball, IMO. These candy shop journalists just drive me crazy……DK is not a juke, quick and make guys miss behind the line of scrimmage kind of player. He’s not a run the ball and take a pounding from DLineman and Linebackers kind of player. You’d just get him hurt.

Run more plays to him, down he field on back shoulder throws, slants, double moves, etc…..absolutely!

The Hawks may move him if the Jets get desperate and offer a small ransom….but glad to hear it will take more than just the #10 right now. 😁

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
the crying in the article is just sad. lol "If it’s true that the Seahawks aren’t even listening to offers, it’s stupid. Wilson wasn’t untouchable; Metcalf shouldn’t be, either. "

Ugh "Journalism" is a joke now a days.
Another case of the media being right somehow portends how awful they are. The cognitive dissonance on this board is insane. The idea that Seattle should be listening to any offers for any players isn’t even a hot take, it’s basic GMing. If some team wants to send a treasure trove for a player in his final cheap year, like say several firsts and more for a safety, then it’s crazy to think a GM shouldn’t be open to listening. Only here have I seen people complain about the media bring right and use it as a dagger to call the media terrible.

themunn

Reaction score
Trading our own pick back to us for our own player that they got as part of a deal where they received TWO of our first round picks would ABSOLUTELY be the worst move ever made by the team. I'm of the mind that the Jets made the offer simply to troll us

hoxrox

Reaction score
That article is so crazy….the guy says Hawks aren’t using DK correctly……we should be handing the ball off to him behind the line of scrimmage (I.e.like Debo Samuels) and giving it to him on jet sweeps? Wtf? Not good ways to get him the ball, IMO. These candy shop journalists just drive me crazy……DK is not a juke, quick and make guys miss behind the line of scrimmage kind of player. He’s not a run the ball and take a pounding from DLineman and Linebackers kind of player. You’d just get him hurt.

Run more plays to him, down he field on back shoulder throws, slants, double moves, etc…..absolutely!

The Hawks may move him if the Jets get desperate and offer a small ransom….but glad to hear it will take more than just the #10 right now. 😁
DK is not the same type of receiver as Deebo Samuels. Eskridge is likely more capable of doing some of what Deebo does.

Frozenropers1

Reaction score
DK is not the same type of receiver as Deebo Samuels. Eskridge is likely more capable of doing some of what Deebo does.
Yes, that is exactly what I was saying……DK is not the same body type or skill set as Debo.

Agreed…Eskridge would be a better option for a fly/jet sweep.

Frozenropers1

Reaction score
Also, the “source” in that article, Howard Eskin of WIP, is a sports talk show host. So, a Spoets talk show host, has ”heard from many people” that 1) the Jets “WERE” going to off the #10 pick, and 2) the Hawks front office is telling. People that call to not even make an offer we won’t even talk about DK.

1) yes, sure I bet that talk show host knows what the Jets front office was going to offer. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣.

2) Does that sound like the John “I will leave no rock unturned or player unscouted because we want to be in on everything“ Schneider we all know?

I bet Schneider let’s GMs talk his ear off so he knows what options are out there.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Another case of the media being right somehow portends how awful they are. The cognitive dissonance on this board is insane. The idea that Seattle should be listening to any offers for any players isn’t even a hot take, it’s basic GMing. If some team wants to send a treasure trove for a player in his final cheap year, like say several firsts and more for a safety, then it’s crazy to think a GM shouldn’t be open to listening. Only here have I seen people complain about the media bring right and use it as a dagger to call the media terrible.

I get you want to jab at me for what you THINK is right, but overall, the rest of the article is garbage. I have every right (regardless of how or what you think) to have the opinion of saying "this article is trash"

Because all that's happening is Florio continues to talk about stuff with leaving out things such as the cap will increase or that DK's skillset isn't the same as Deebo or Hill instead he's compare's his size and speed.. to as of why he SHOULD be. And that seattle doesn't use him right how doe she know is there a textbook on "this is how you HAVE to use your WR? Its literally written in a format of someone whining that He's not going get them what they want for fantasy points basically. So every player of the same size and speed in the NFL should just do what Hill and Deebo do?

Even him saying he spends his time running routes down the field waiting that's Russell's hero ball and fear of the middle. Because Geno used him just fine in the middle. Oh that he feels the team never used Russel right either? The whole is stupid and really just, once again sounds like someone complaining because he didn't get the fantasy points he needed or some crap.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Don't let DK go. He acted 12 for a while. I think he's over it now - let's just see.

**** the jets.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Trading our own pick back to us for our own player that they got as part of a deal where they received TWO of our first round picks would ABSOLUTELY be the worst move ever made by the team. I'm of the mind that the Jets made the offer simply to troll us
Now THAT is funny!

In kind of a sad way for us.... ;)

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

This ^^^

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I get you want to jab at me for what you THINK is right, but overall, the rest of the article is garbage. I have every right (regardless of how or what you think) to have the opinion of saying "this article is trash"

Because all that's happening is Florio continues to talk about stuff with leaving out things such as the cap will increase or that DK's skillset isn't the same as Deebo or Hill instead he's compare's his size and speed.. to as of why he SHOULD be. And that seattle doesn't use him right how doe she know is there a textbook on "this is how you HAVE to use your WR? Its literally written in a format of someone whining that He's not going get them what they want for fantasy points basically. So every player of the same size and speed in the NFL should just do what Hill and Deebo do?

Even him saying he spends his time running routes down the field waiting that's Russell's hero ball and fear of the middle. Because Geno used him just fine in the middle. Oh that he feels the team never used Russel right either? The whole is stupid and really just, once again sounds like someone complaining because he didn't get the fantasy points he needed or some crap.
Didn’t say anything at all about you not having the right to your opinion. That’s just a straw man so you can show how persecuted you are. Florio isn’t the greatest and they desperately need to proofread their articles better but even their worst article is nothing compared to whatever it is you just wrote. Literally the straw man nonsense was the only coherent thought in it.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Didn’t say anything at all about you not having the right to your opinion. That’s just a straw man so you can show how persecuted you are. Florio isn’t the greatest and they desperately need to proofread their articles better but even their worst article is nothing compared to whatever it is you just wrote. Literally the straw man nonsense was the only coherent thought in it.

Out of all that, the only thing you can contribute is insults towards my post, my cohesion and some bs about florio? Let’s try this, what about the article did you find he was correct and that was so perfectly put?

Good god is this school all over again where people really give a damn about grammar?

I’m sorry I was doing it via my phone and between autocorrect and fat fingering stuff I just stopped caring because between the veiled attacks on posters through way of insulting posts and the stalker shit someone has going on with Russ, these forums are going to shit real quick.

RiverDog

Reaction score
If the article is true, that the Jets offered the #10 overall (ironically the Jamal Adams pick), I wouldn't read anything into our decision not to bite. There's not another WR of Metcalf's quality that's available, there's a number of teams that could legitimately be in the market (Chiefs, Packers, Eagles to name a few), and we're still 3 weeks away from the draft. If the Jets were serious, that offer will still be on the table when the draft finally rolls around.

I'm all for trading Metcalf. Despite what Pete Carroll says, we're in a rebuild mode, and you don't build around a WR. It's unlikely that we're going to be willing to pay the $25M/year contract that Metcalf will surely demand next season, so we might as well get some very valuable draft capital for him before we let him walk.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
If the article is true, that the Jets offered the #10 overall (ironically the Jamal Adams pick), I wouldn't read anything into our decision not to bite. There's not another WR of Metcalf's quality that's available, there's a number of teams that could legitimately be in the market (Chiefs, Packers, Eagles to name a few), and we're still 3 weeks away from the draft. If the Jets were serious, that offer will still be on the table when the draft finally rolls around.

I'm all for trading Metcalf. Despite what Pete Carroll says, we're in a rebuild mode, and you don't build around a WR. It's unlikely that we're going to be willing to pay the $25M/year contract that Metcalf will surely demand next season, so we might as well get some very valuable draft capital for him before we let him walk.
Well I guess my comparision, particularly in this dead cap year is:

Which is easier to find (or truly attainable) right now? A Franchise quarterback like a Brady or a Rodgers or an elite receiver?

The elite receiver is easier. But we already have them.

Which amplifies the play of the other the most? Does the elite receiver help the QB? Or does the elite QB help the mediocre receiver?

Right now - we're not going to snag a franchise QB. It's just not gonna happen for the year. So, we pay the Receivers and bridge with someone else as QB. Then when the Draft class next year spits out RW 2.0 - we can keep him artificially low for several years to pay for those contracts.

I think the receiver helps the QB more than the other way around, and we have the best receivers now. And we won't find a 'franchise' QB this year. Wait on the QB. Keep both receivers. That's my opinion.