Apparently Jets wanted DK

nwHawk

Reaction score
I agree. And DK seems like he wants to be here, so it’s a different situation than Russ.

Chawker

Reaction score
Yet, if Pete and John see Treylon Burks as a possible star, then trading DK would be like having sideboard on your toast while spreading the best strawberry jam.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Are we ready to spent 20 million a year on him with Lock as our QB ?
Don't know where my original reply went;

but, I am ready to pay him 20MM with Lock as our QB.

DO NOT let DK go. That's my opinion.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Yet, if Pete and John see Treylon Burks as a possible star, then trading DK would be like having sideboard on your toast while spreading the best strawberry jam.
If they are sold on him as a DK clone wouldn’t they draft him at 9? Or, trade down to around 14 and do it?

I’d love to have him, but I think I wait on a receiver until later and grab either Christian Watson or Alec Pierce. I really like both those guys.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
If they are sold on him as a DK clone wouldn’t they draft him at 9? Or, trade down to around 14 and do it?

I’d love to have him, but I think I wait on a receiver until later and grab either Christian Watson or Alec Pierce. I really like both those guys.
@ 4.55 I don’t see the match.

IF you trade DK, it doesn’t have to about replacing him ASAP. That approach is a pure salary cap move given his apparent satisfaction with being in Seattle.

The decision can also be about roster construction and priorities. In short are we worried about a supercharger when we should be looking into a full frame swap? Too many drafts of late have been full on road salt to strain the analogy.

nwHawk

Reaction score
To clarify, I don’t want to trade DK. But I agree that in any reshape, roster construction is the focus. But you have to have premium talent or you’re going to tread water for years.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Sure a top 10 pick would start the conversation but we need at least 2 top 10 picks and a good O-lineman in exchange for DK.

rcaido

Reaction score
Lets trade Wilson as we can't afford to pay him that much money despite him being the main offense.
Lets not trade DK and pay 25million + per, who cares if we dont have a QB to throw it to him for the remainder of his next contract

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Lets trade Wilson as we can't afford to pay him that much money despite him being the main offense.
Lets not trade DK and pay 25million + per, who cares if we dont have a QB to throw it to him for the remainder of his next contract
Let's give Drew Lock a fair shake. Wilson is dried up. Unless he can turn back time he won't be balling out much if at all anymore. Go be a donkey fan

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Out of all that, the only thing you can contribute is insults towards my post, my cohesion and some bs about florio? Let’s try this, what about the article did you find he was correct and that was so perfectly put?

Good god is this school all over again where people really give a damn about grammar?

I’m sorry I was doing it via my phone and between autocorrect and fat fingering stuff I just stopped caring because between the veiled attacks on posters through way of insulting posts and the stalker shit someone has going on with Russ, these forums are going to shit real quick.
Another entirely incorrect summation of my comment. Nowhere did I say any part of the article was "perfectly put", in fact I literally said that his articles are poorly written. The exact opposite of what you are claiming I said. You want to know why the forum is going to shit, try looking in the mirror. You make incorrect claims and inflate the "insult" so you can make your "persecution" greater.

rcaido

Reaction score
Let's give Drew Lock a fair shake. Wilson is dried up. Unless he can turn back time he won't be balling out much if at all anymore. Go be a donkey fan

DK value is worth more now then next season. Jets are desperate, will give up some great picks right now.

Also, you need to do the extension before the season starts/draft, so you really cant wait to see if Lock can get it done...You wait till the end of the season, DK will cause drama throughout. Will sour the relationship.

It would be dumb to have 2 WR as the highest paid players on a run first team. Not to mention having two backup QBs fighting for the starting job.

Smart thing to do is trade him now. Yall complain that Wilson can only win regular season games and the ultimate goal is to win the superbowl or its a fail. DK w/ the this roster wont even make the playoffs let alone a .500 team. Get draft picks, build an awesome defense and maybe get lucky w/ another star on offense.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Not sure it's possible but I would rather trade Lockett. Not sure he hasnth market DK has...

sdog1981

Reaction score
Am I the only one worried the Jets wanted him? Because the Jets are god awful at talent evaluation.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Why does it matter what the Jets think? There isn't a team in the league that doesn't know DK is a beast.