Apparently Jets wanted DK

WarHawks

Reaction score
Don't want RW 2.0, would rather have no Head Case Rodgers, Hebert, Brees, Farve, Manning 2.0
Good post. That brings up a good point. What kind of qb do we want to have here long term? As exciting as RW was to watch at times, he could be equally exasperating, as the holes in his game became more and more obvious as time went on. A taller, mobile, accurate qb who doesn't have to bail from the pocket and who can pick apart the middle of the field and throw the long ball accurately is what I would imagine we need. But what do I know. I'm just a fan.

GemCity

Reaction score
Get the #10 pick…..then trade back and get a second and third.

But seriously though…I don’t know if signing a WR for $25m+ makes a lot of sense for this team. DK is my favorite Seahawk now but there’s not a QB available nor decent offensive line to help get him the ball (yet).

I wouldn’t take any less than a high first and a second rounder.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
It's going to take more than a single 1st round pick to get DK.

Minimum... a 1st and a 3rd this year... or a 1st this year and a 2nd next year.

nwHawk

Reaction score
As Corbin point out:

Geno Smith's numbers targeting DK Metcalf last season were ridiculous... even in a smaller sample size. 17-21, 251 yards, four touchdowns, and a 151.6 passer rating when targeting him in four games.

Was Geno elite, no. But an elite receiver can make major improvements to any team. If Drew Lock is better than Geno Smith imagine the possibilities.

CPHawk

Reaction score
The only trade with the jets I’d be interested in, is one including a 1 rounder, a OL or DL and Wilson.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Are we ready to spent 20 million a year on him with Lock as our QB ?
YEP!
You'd rather that Pete & John get rid of all their more proven Offensive weapons, and expect Lock to find success at throwing to scrubs? For what, a couple of Draft picks that might or might not work out?
Lock is going to need LEGITIMATE TARGETS if he's to succeed.

haroldseattle

Reaction score
I don't think the Seahawks want to move Metcalf but if it provides a opportunity to land a quality QB via the draft it has to be considered. So any trade with the Jets should include their 2023 1st as that likely ends up being a early pick in next years draft which has a better QB class. SO say picks 35,38 and their 1st for next season would be mighty tempting.

Reactions: bbq

toffee

Reaction score
Don't want RW 2.0, would rather have no Head Case Rodgers, Hebert, Brees, Farve, Manning 2.0
I am still in awe of the total silence from teammates upon Russ' trade and departure, the Seattle community seems to be strangely silent too. Weird! Luckily here on dot net we have John63 to carry the Unlimited flag.

lakerfanx6

Reaction score
I don't think the Seahawks want to move Metcalf but if it provides a opportunity to land a quality QB via the draft it has to be considered. So any trade with the Jets should include their 2023 1st as that likely ends up being a early pick in next years draft which has a better QB class. SO say picks 35,38 and their 1st for next season would be mighty tempting.
I agree

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Outside of not having to spend the money on his next deal how is trading DK for the 10th a good deal? You have to use that pick to get someone of DK's calibre on the roster so that's a wash...you aren't increasing your talent level. If the deal is going to h happen I hope it's for a first and then more picks.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Look at what Davante and Tyreek netted. You've got to get more than that if you are going to trade him. He's much younger.

I'm sure offers will keep coming in, and keep getting better, up until the draft.

I'd rather they keep him and pay him. But I understand if they don't want to shell out the kind of money that others are getting.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
I am still in awe of the total silence from teammates upon Russ' trade and departure, the Seattle community seems to be strangely silent too. Weird! Luckily here on dot net we have John63 to carry the Unlimited flag.
Celebrating the trade got me ostracized by my family up there. So basically, two wins in a row for me.

toffee

Reaction score
Every team in NFL wants DK Metcalf, question would be what are they willing to sacrifice in getting him.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Not paying DK because "you have Drew Lock throwing to him" is assuming the team will commit to Drew Lock for the length of DK's contract. Which is flawed logic. Or if that is the plan for Pete and John, we're doomed with or without DK.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Get the #10 pick…..then trade back and get a second and third.

But seriously though…I don’t know if signing a WR for $25m+ makes a lot of sense for this team. DK is my favorite Seahawk now but there’s not a QB available nor decent offensive line to help get him the ball (yet).

I wouldn’t take any less than a high first and a second rounder.
Good post. I agree, except that a high first and 2nd rounder is probably on the high end of our expectations. Take the best deal we can find.