Apparently O'Brien Schofield failed his physical w/ Giants

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Make no mistake: the Giants are screwing with Schofield. The contract didn't make sense when he signed, and we all knew it. One of two things is happening here: (1) Giants got a huge feeling of buyer's remorse after their entire fanbase killed them for the signing; or (2) they only signed Schofield to leverage a better deal with another LB.

They're claiming his 2010 knee injury is the reason he failed his physical. That's B.S. Remember when Moffitt said Cleveland tried to leverage a phony physical against him to take a paycut? No doubt something similarly shady is happening here.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
DavidSeven":379tzt37 said:
Make no mistake: the Giants are screwing with Schofield. The contract didn't make sense when he signed, and we all knew it. One of two things is happening here: (1) Giants got a huge feeling of buyer's remorse after their entire fanbase killed them for the signing; or (2) they only signed Schofield to leverage a better deal with another LB.

They're claiming his 2010 knee injury is the reason he failed his physical. That's B.S. Remember when Moffitt said Cleveland tried to leverage a phony physical against him to take a paycut? No doubt something similarly shady is happening here.

No doubt. I feel bad for the guy. The Giants are using an old injury to weasel out of the deal they made with him.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
A colossal waste of he and his agent's time. It's a miracle the guy isn't fed up with the business side of football with the shady way the Cards 'cut' him and now this. The Hawks treated the guy fair and honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Exittium":lh4fvs20 said:
Any updates on the Schofield situation?

Heard the Giants were trying to work out a deal for less money with clauses for his injury, but that's it.

If I were him, I would want nothing to do with the Giants after this.

Exittium

Reaction score
Agreed, he would be best to just come on back here for some West Coast love.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Scumbags. They messed with his emotions with that deal. Could you imagine getting a job offer for your dream job making way more money than you ever have, being flown accross country, telling your friends and family and then getting that kind of crap? Id be absolutely inscensed and wouldnt even entertain a convo. Move on OBS, we want you back!

mikeak

Reaction score
HawkFan72":hudf3xaj said:
Exittium":hudf3xaj said:
Any updates on the Schofield situation?

Heard the Giants were trying to work out a deal for less money with clauses for his injury, but that's it.

If I were him, I would want nothing to do with the Giants after this.

They can't have it both ways

They can have less money and no clause or they can have the same money and a clause about that specific injury.

At least if I was the agent.

Rotoworld reported it as dead

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
And yet fans still get upset when players treat football as a business.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
At least if they flat out lie about home town discounts and/or wanting to avoid a "crap city"

couldn't resist

mikeak

Reaction score
"flat out lie" - what is your definition of discount? Tate might have had a 5% max as the discount which on $6 million is $300,000 but what if the team was $1M-$2M / year away from his number. Is it still a lie then?

If you have a $50k salary and a different company offers you $100k to hire you and your current company says - no we want to keep you here is an offer for $75k - do you stay?

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Come on, comparing $50k-$100k jobs with what these players make is a joke. I laugh when they talk about securing their families futures. A complete joke. They could. Do that with the veteran's minimum. Of course, I get it they will go where the money is or they will take a discount, ala Michael Bennet. Money talks, or their heart talks. Don't Compare their pay with what us avg Americans make

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Diezel Dawg":1i4mlcju said:
Come on, comparing $50k-$100k jobs with what these players make is a joke. I laugh when they talk about securing their families futures. A complete joke. They could. Do that with the veteran's minimum. Of course, I get it they will go where the money is or they will take a discount, ala Michael Bennet. Money talks, or their heart talks. Don't Compare their pay with what us avg Americans make

And you probably make 50,000 times more than the average person in India. So everyone in India scoffs at whining about $50K salaries. Try living in a squalor, bud!

telerion

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1j3itf66 said:
Diezel Dawg":1j3itf66 said:

And you probably make 50,000 times more than the average person in India. So everyone in India scoffs at whining about $50K salaries. Try living in a squalor, bud!

Good point. Additionally, the majority of these guys make the bulk of their lifetime earnings in their playing years. Foregoing a couple million dollars in a contract, would be like taking that $75K/yr job over the $100K/yr job for like 15-20 yrs.

I've always scratched my head a bit when people, with a bit of envy, go on about the amazing money these guys make and then in the next breath wonder why those players aren't willing to pass the money up.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I wish people would limit the salary envy to the mega "stars" that actually make exorbitant amounts. Of all the people to envy about contract size, O'brien Schofield?

It's like homeless people envying garbage men's salaries while bank executives walk by with their noses turned up.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'd not mind having Obie back in real blue not double dealing blue.

McGruff

Reaction score
Lady Talon":3aaxwpmc said:
I wish people would limit the salary envy to the mega "stars" that actually make exorbitant amounts. Of all the people to envy about contract size, O'brien Schofield?

It's like homeless people envying garbage men's salaries while bank executives walk by with their noses turned up.

Scholfield still made more last year than I will make in the next 10 . . .

Lady Talon

Reaction score
You say you want a revolution, well you know, we'd all love to see the plan.