Are the Chiefs the newest Legacy Team?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Oh...don't get me wrong. Its just about them winning all the time. I like Kelce, Mahomes, Reid as people...just tired of them winning.

My point is just about the ridiculous concept of "legacy teams".

I do hate KC cause of Mahomes wife and brother's endless assault on our senses with their attention whoring on IG.

But that's not the team's fault.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I don't subscribe to the idea of legacy teams. I look at everything year to year. However, they are definitely getting a bunch of attention, and for some reason I find it annoying.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Winning is fine. 'Winning' isn't.
The Chiefs 'won' that game like the Steelers 'won' the SB.
Wasn't rooting for the Bengals, they were such a flawed playoff team that it was clear they would get blown out in the SB. But...

The Chiefs had a key drive extended with a ghost PI.
And that last scramble by Mahomes to get in FG range? Was made possible by a blatant hold that HAD to have been overlooked.
It was both obvious and part of the reason the play worked. Not just a hold away from the play.

The Chiefs in the SB feels like the time the Rams went to the SB instead of the Saints, because of crap officiating. Probably the same situation.

SF49r

Reaction score
Thought that superbowl they won against us was rigged to shit. I mean Jimmy G didn't play that well but all the calls/no calls chiefs were getting in crucial moments of the game definitely made it alot harder than what it should've been. Notably the Bosa hold on the 3rd and 15 bomb, Jimmy G late hit out of bounds late in the 4th quarter, chiefs DBs committing illegal contact every single play, how tf did the refs "miss" that? You could say they just "let them play" but you know damn well if the teams were reversed they throw that flag on us 100 percent of the time. Then they erased a potential FG or TD at the end of half by calling OPI on kittle on a 50 yard bomb when it was mostly just hand fighting between the 2 which pretty much happens damn near on every deep ball with tight coverage. So much for letting them play.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
What is the definition of "legacy team"? It's typically been thrown about as a pejorative for old school NFL teams that existed in the 1960s. Now it includes an AFL team that got merged in one? If the Texans go on some tear like KC do they get called a "legacy team" too?