Are the Seahawks the No. 1 team to fear in the NFC?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I don’t think Seattle is at this point, but that can change.
Too early IMHO to crown anyone.

Lots of the 2-0 teams have played easy teams so far IMHO.

seabowl

Reaction score
With already playing what appears to be 2 not so good opponents and eeking out wins why in the world would you ever ask that question? :34853_doh:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's a legit question. The Hawks dominated on Sunday, not sure how people can't see that. Oh well, legit question by the OP. Still real early, but there are a lot of solid teams in the NFC again.

xray

Reaction score
Too early...it's like predicting the weather for Nov. now...who knows ?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Plus, come on......all the media will be doing is telling us how the great Dallas Cowboys are unstoppable blah blah blah :pukeface:

chrispy

Reaction score
This topic is like telling a 5 year old, "You can be anything you want when you grow up."

Seahawks beat the Bengals at home, and the Steelers that were unprepared to lose their All-Pro QB.

Bengals lost at home to the 49rs by 24 the week following their 1 pt loss to the Seahawks.
Steelers lost by 30 the week before losing to Seahawks by 2.

Seahawks could be very good this year, but whomever watched those two games wouldn't say they're really good yet. There are a number of teams in the NFC that are good right now. The Seahawks are not currently the #1 team to fear. Let's hope they become that team, but they're not there yet.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If I am an opposing fan, there are roughly 5-6 NFC teams that I would be more worried about facing.

Certainly the Rams. The 49ers look like they might be good but let's assume we don't know enough yet.

I certainly would rather face the Hawks than the Packers or the Eagles.

Honestly, even with Cousins, the Vikings seem like they would be more dangerous with their solid defense, great RB, and very good receivers. Even with the 1 loss.

The Cowboys look like they can put up points and play defense too. (And right now, the eye-test says the 49ers look better than us too.)

Seeing the Seahawks on my schedule would be a lot like seeing the Falcons. Some very good players on the team. A lot of great pieces. But some significant weaknesses you should be able to exploit. It would hardly be a slam dunk but it would also unlikely be a game you just chalked up as a loss. The chance of being blown out would be close to zero.

If I was facing a team in the NFC in the playoffs as an opposing team?

I would absolutely want to be facing the Seahawks vs some of the other teams. Sure they would have Wilson, who would be hard to stop, but I would understand that we wouldn't need to shut Wilson down because his own coaching staff would take care of that for us. Meanwhile, I could exploit that secondary all day, the OL would be easy to pressure, and the DL really doesn't get tremendous pressure vs some of the other NFC teams I could be facing.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't know man, the Hawks have one thing that a lot of teams don't have. They flat out know how to finish games and have one of the best finishers in football under center. I seriously doubt other teams would be looking forward to playing the Hawks. Especially in December and January. Playoff experience is on the side of this team and coaching staff.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We have one of the better QBs in football. But if you are the opposing team you do not need to worry about him.

To beat the Seahawks, all you need to do is shut the run down. The Hawks will stubbornly keep trying to run the ball. For 1/2 to 3/4 of the game! They will barely even use their best weapon, their great QB.

In so doing, they will pee away possessions and wear their defense down. When they finally start using Wilson, they might even be a score or two behind at that point. Even if they drive and score - their defense will not able to get pressure and you can walk down the field and score on them.

Did you not watch the Cowboys beat us in the playoffs last year?

Also, talking about our playoff greatness is weird. Haven't we been blown out in every playoff game, outside of the wildcard games, since our SuperBowl loss?

chris98251

Reaction score
This same set of concerns about the Seahawks come up every start of the year, then somehow by November were the team nobody wants to face down the stretch. We build a bit every week and try to peak at the right time which is frustrating for fans but has worked well.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
If I had to answer now, I'd say the Cowboys. This is based on what I've seen from the first two weeks. People that say the Rams are basing that from last season. They looked pretty awful against the Panthers, and couldn't distance themselves from the Saints until the second half against a backup QB at home.

The Cowboys look like a completely different team. They have a new OC, Kellen Moore, and his offense is much more pass oriented and attacks down field. They are no longer that boring team that just runs the ball with Elliot. Just watching some of their last two games, they look similar to the Rams of last season. A ton of down field passing, a lot of play action, and a lot of deep throws. They have a top five running game and passing game to go along with a great defense. I know they've played a couple weak teams, but they've blown them out. They handled the Giants at home and I don't care how bad Washington is, winning by that margin on the road within the division isn't easy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1oiza7lh said:
If I had to answer now, I'd say the Cowboys. This is based on what I've seen from the first two weeks. People that say the Rams are basing that from last season. They looked pretty awful against the Panthers, and couldn't distance themselves from the Saints until the second half against a backup QB at home.

The Cowboys look like a completely different team. They have a new OC, Kellen Moore, and his offense is much more pass oriented and attacks down field. They are no longer that boring team that just runs the ball with Elliot. Just watching some of their last two games, they look similar to the Rams of last season. A ton of down field passing, a lot of play action, and a lot of deep throws. They have a top five running game and passing game to go along with a great defense. I know they've played a couple weak teams, but they've blown them out. They handled the Giants at home and I don't care how bad Washington is, winning by that margin on the road within the division isn't easy.

I agree about the Cowboys. The other team that's looking pretty scary right now in the NFC is the Packers.

That defense is stacked, especially on the back end.....and if Rodgers stays healthy watch out. They've already made quick work of their two toughest division rivals, who both the Bears and Vikings were suppose to be good.

classicaaron

Reaction score
id put the hawks 3rd in the conference behind the Rams and Cowboys. I would have said Saints but with Brees out they will be done.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
For now, sounds about right. 3rd best in the conference. Considering how this team has started in the past, I'll take it. They do their best work from Mid-November on...…..

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Once Reed and Ansah are in, and Collier gets up to speed, our DL could be nuts. That's when I'll answer this question.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
chrispy":amre066o said:
This topic is like telling a 5 year old, "You can be anything you want when you grow up."

Seahawks beat the Bengals at home, and the Steelers that were unprepared to lose their All-Pro QB.

Bengals lost at home to the 49rs by 24 the week following their 1 pt loss to the Seahawks.
Steelers lost by 30 the week before losing to Seahawks by 2.

Seahawks could be very good this year, but whomever watched those two games wouldn't say they're really good yet. There are a number of teams in the NFC that are good right now. The Seahawks are not currently the #1 team to fear. Let's hope they become that team, but they're not there yet.

Your point is what? Seattle and the 49ers are hardly comparable. Seattle was playing a new coach and no one knew what they were going to do. 49ers were able to scheme better for Cincy, also that 1st game might have been an outlier in their play.

Both teams are 2-0, we shall see how it all turns out, I firmly believe Seattle will be 4-0 going into the Rams game.. That one will be gigantic.

ttown0026

Reaction score
If the Hawks continue to develop the quick, short passing game I think other teams are going to have a hard time beating the Hawks.

HawkGA

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1tnx940m said:
For now, sounds about right. 3rd best in the conference. Considering how this team has started in the past, I'll take it. They do their best work from Mid-November on...…..

They crazy thing is they could be 3rd best in the conference but still 3rd best in the division.

Latest posts