Are the Seahawks the No. 1 team to fear in the NFC?

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
I haven't felt this good about the Hawks in the past few years. I truly believe that we have what it takes to contend for a title again. Once we get back Ansah and Reed we'll have the best D Line we've had in a while and our running game is still solid. The O Line has improved and most importantly Russ is one of the smartest and most talented QBs in the league. The fact that we're 2-0 when we typically take a number of weeks to really hit our stride it can't be seen as anything other than a positive. The Rams to me don't look the same as they did a year ago and I don't fear them like I did the last two seasons. I think the division can be taken and we're more than talented enough to fight for a bye and home field.

D

DomeHawk

It's too early but it looks like the Cowboys to me at this point.

NINEster

Reaction score
Have the Seahawks ever played in a conference championship game when they weren't the #1 seed?

I see that 2005, 2013, 2014, Seahawks were #1 seed. They get to the NFC championship and go to the Super Bowl each time. But what if they don't get the #1 seed?

Seahawks as a #1 seed are a real threat indeed, but at lower seeds they've been dangerous but not #1 team dangerous. 2012, the Seahawks were a 5 seed and came close to being in the NFC Championship Game, but had to pull off a big comeback to be in that position.

A very valid argument could be made that the Seahawks don't make the Super Bowl in 2013 or 2014 as #2 seeds.

49ers at Candlestick? Packers at Green Bay? You like to think the Seahawks win those games, but it's probable they don't.

The Seahawks "DVOA" in the postseason often drops versus their regular season capability. In particular the two 2013 playoff games where they rematched the 49ers and Saints left no fingernails on any 12, despite the huge blowout differentials during the regular season.

In 2014 they kicked the Panthers ass but the Packers game looked night and day different from the season opener.

2015 they crushed the Vikings in the regular season and then escaped with a missed field goal in the rematch. The Panthers won more convincingly than their first matchup.

2016 they beat a so so Lions team at home, then we see what the difference home field advantage really makes in the postseason. This was the second glimpse Seahawk fans saw of Shanahan's playcalling (the first was 2012 Redskins playoff game while RG3 was still in the game). Unfortunately for the Falcons, the Seahawk defense was still very good when it counted. Then the rematch in Atlanta was a different story.

2018 beat the Cowboys at home convincingly, but can't beat them at their house.

So first step is to have the best record in the NFC. This is the first 2-0 Seahawk start in a few years I wager...….but then also there are other NFC West teams at 2-0 as well.

Cowboys, Eagles, Falcons look to be in the mix. Packers can't be counted out, and neither can Vikings or Bears at this point. This seems the most parity the NFC has seen in awhile with the Saints down somewhat and the Rams likely not going to repeat because nobody who has lost as Super Bowl wins it the next year except the 2017/2018 Patriots, 1970/1971 Cowboys, and 1971/1972 Dolphins. That's it.

Just historical analysis. Nothing about any Seahawk players.

NINEster

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":c8aapwke said:
Nope. Niners are not going to be a 10 or 11 win team.

And the Seahawks are not going to be a 12 or 13 win team.

Chawker

Reaction score
I'd put Seattle in the 3rd or 4th best in the NFC, in the first two weeks of the season you've seen a offensive line give up way to many sacks. Our defense won't be up to full song until Reed returns and our injury list is rather large. Russ can carry this team until then, if the defense gets nasty after Reed returns then look out. Were just not there yet.

But the potentially we are in a good place right now. Only time will tell.
Cheers :229031_cheers:

chris98251

Reaction score
And all this speculation is worth 2 shits right now, two games does not indicate a trend for anyone, the intangibles can change dramatically on just one play, ask the Saints, Panthers, Stealers, Jets, we can go on.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3lpvha7a said:
And who said the Hawks were going to win 12 or 13? I certainly didn't.
Ninertroll loves building strawmen so he can knock them down.