Are we pretenders?

zchurch74

Reaction score
That would be me that said we would be 5-5. Wasn’t exactly right but pretty damn close. I LOVE this team. But I’m a resist and don’t drink the Kool-aid. Find my old posts. Never been a Russ fan. Think Pete is delusional.

Now that doesn’t mean we trade Russ or fire Pete but there has to be major changes. I do think we shouldn’t of extended Pete. We need to be pursuing Bieniemy.

Own The West

Reaction score
Everyone is holding their breath waiting for the defense to click. If that happens we're a playoff team, maybe a SB team.

The question, for the 10th week in a row, is when will the defense click?

One small thing I noticed this week is that while we were late in coverages, there were no blown coverages. Baby steps...

JustTheTip

Reaction score
zchurch74":1jznpmb1 said:
That would be me that said we would be 5-5. Wasn’t exactly right but pretty damn close. I LOVE this team. But I’m a resist and don’t drink the Kool-aid. Find my old posts. Never been a Russ fan. Think Pete is delusional.

Now that doesn’t mean we trade Russ or fire Pete but there has to be major changes. I do think we shouldn’t of extended Pete. We need to be pursuing Bieniemy.

The changes that are needed will likely not happen until Pete is gone. I could enjoy what the team is now if it wasn't for the complete and total waste our time with Wilson post SB 48 has turned into.

The Breh

Reaction score
This version, the last couple weeks?
Trash. Absolute pretenders.
This is a round 1 exit team.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
Own The West":kxx4mqi2 said:
Everyone is holding their breath waiting for the defense to click. If that happens we're a playoff team, maybe a SB team.

The question, for the 10th week in a row, is when will the defense click?

One small thing I noticed this week is that while we were late in coverages, there were no blown coverages. Baby steps...

Yes but as they say you can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
We've gone through the toughest stretch of the year, with far too many injuries. People will call us pretenders but I genuinely think a healthier team beats the Cards, Bills, and Rams. We'll see as the year goes on. I'd rather suffer mistakes mid-season than late

evergreen

Reaction score
We suck right now, but just lost a close one. It was very winnable, if Wilson does't throw it away. We have scrubs playing all over the field and that makes a difference, and will. continue to suck for us. Our guys are so close so often. That's the difference between talent. I agree to getting rid of anyone we can on D especially Bobby. We don't need to pay anyone that much on this bad of D. Pete hasn't changed the D but talent has...

hawk45

Reaction score
bmorepunk":k82n08it said:
I don't really understand how people didn't see that the only thing holding this turd together was Wilson playing out of his mind, and once that went away it was going to be a mess.
Seriously.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
evergreen":79h9gf3l said:
We suck right now, but just lost a close one. It was very winnable, if Wilson does't throw it away. We have scrubs playing all over the field and that makes a difference, and will. continue to suck for us. Our guys are so close so often. That's the difference between talent. I agree to getting rid of anyone we can on D especially Bobby. We don't need to pay anyone that much on this bad of D. Pete hasn't changed the D but talent has...

You are right. We do have scrubs all over the field. The problem is many of those are our starters. You can’t draft for crap for years and pick pisspore overpriced FAs and expect to keep winning.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
hawk45":295usgps said:
bmorepunk":295usgps said:
I don't really understand how people didn't see that the only thing holding this turd together was Wilson playing out of his mind, and once that went away it was going to be a mess.
Seriously.

But they're
1-0
2-0
3-0
4-0
5-0
5-1
6-1
6-2
6-3

Seriously, succinct and well-put.

xray

Reaction score
JustTheTip":232w4dco said:
Likely as long as Pete remains HC of this team, pretender is exactly what it will be.

Carroll is here for many more seasons .

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I wouldn't say "pretenders". This team is an average team at best. The schedule gifted them some early patsies and now they are playing better teams and their weaknesses are showing and the losses are piling up. You can't expect much when you have the NFL's worst defense and an offense that never adjusts.

John63

Reaction score
JustTheTip":2bpgj0u3 said:
Likely as long as Pete remains HC of this team, pretender is exactly what it will be.

I agree with this, our offense was kickign it, till he made it change back to the same old same old

rcaido

Reaction score
Will you guys be here when we win our division? or you pretender fans only come when the Seahawks lose.

seahawks-in-qc

Reaction score
I totally understand that our wins are not the most glorious ones and that we might not beat a "great" team. However, I do believe that people need to understand that winning on a consistant basis in this league is really hard to do. Even an 8-0 team had a though time againt DAL.

I feel like, at the moment, no team is really standing out (outside maybe KC since they are the defending champs). Bucs are inconsistent also, Packers seem soft against the run again and Arizona can be hot or cold (but are a serious threat to the divison) and I could go on for some other teams.

Are we in the best spot we can be ? No. But can we improve, I surely hope so and I won't throw away the season because we are having a though stretch.

I do believe that with this defense we will not the Super Bowl if they do not fix it. So I guess yes we are "pretenders" but I feel like this season is up for grabs.

olyfan63

Reaction score
rcaido":3hf9bijf said:
Will you guys be here when we win our division? or you pretender fans only come when the Seahawks lose.

Oh man, do you remember the circumstances of the infamous Jim Mora (Sr.) "Playoffs??!!" rant? As he said, "I'm just trying to win a GAME, another GAME!"

That's how things feel right now. There are no sure things in the NFL, any given Sunday, and all that. We see the flaws, the weaknesses, and the way other teams exploit them, and experience the frustration of failed game plans (in hindsight) by our OC or DC, or Pete in general.

Right now, we ARE Pretenders, we have had our weaknesses EXPOSED, by 3 different teams, UNTIL Pete & Co can get this figured out, adjust to what other teams are doing to us, coach up our young talent.

Personally, I believe in Pete & Co will figure this out, adjust schemes to match available players, get guys healthy, etc. and whatever else, the games will be exciting to watch. It's really going to be our Next man up! guys outperforming their contracts that will have to get us over the hump.

I see us more like 11-5, but open question on whether that will be good enough for the division.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The NFC is wide open this year, so no we're not pretenders.

Are we like every other top NFC team, serious issues and flaws to work on until the end of the year to BE a SB contender? Absolutely.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I dont think the team are pretenders. I see them as a team that can feast on the scrub teams and win in spurts enough to cause most fans and the league to take pause once in awhile, but in reality they are the same as they have been for years which is a team that always takes a quick playoff exit. This team is no different than the ones from 4 and 5 years ago. Sadly, we fans have another 5 years of the same to look forward to.

hawker84

Reaction score
They're not pretending, at this point it's obvious this is not a top team. They are one deminsional with a subpar coaching staff that is predictable as hell...

Latest posts