Are you allowed to stand in 300 level seats?

FormerEvil

Reaction score
I stand the whole game in 300 level. Usually seated on offensive plays in lower levels.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Yes, you are allowed. Every section is different in what they do, though. My section stands on defense, sits on offense. I've been in other sections in the 300 level where nobody stands, and they get annoyed if you do so. Just depends.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
This brings up a question that I have been loathe to ask due to the number of threads in the form asking questions about seats, section etc.

What are the rowdy section in the Clink?

I have always sat in the Hawk's nest except for one game when a friend gave me tickets in section 110. Now I would consider myself a fairly rowdy but respectful fan. I stand for the entire game, I jump around and scream my head off like a complete idiot, and I generally have a great time. There is a reason that I came to the San Francisco game this year, and that reason was the world record baby. I fit in the Hawks nest very well, although I have had one or two people there give me funny looks. I suspect they were visiting fans who had no clue what they're getting into. I did NOT fit into section 110 at all and really didn't enjoy the game as I toned it down out of respect for the surrounding fans.

My buddy and I are coming for the NFC championship game. He is just as rowdy as I am, and when we go to Montana State U games we usually bring earplugs to hand out to the fans around us. He has never been to a game in the Clink, and I want to give him the full experience. There is always the Hawk's nest, but I was thinking about looking for tickets in the south end zone this time. I am pretty sure will fit in there just fine.

Are there other section people would recommend for or against for a couple of rowdy fans?

Thanks

-bsd

BoatsAndHose

Reaction score
I have not sat down for a play (ok maybe a small handful) for a Seahawks game since the Clink opened (reg season and playoffs). I only sit at halftime and this is the status quo in our section on the lover level. I attended one game in a different section and people got really pissed I wouldn't sit down, and tried to have me thrown out. It didn't work though obviously as they cannot force you to sit. Of all games, the one that people got mad at me for standing was the Pats game last year. Some people are clueless, that was an amazing game!

Laloosh

Reaction score
Sat long enough to eat some Ivars in the 300 level (section 338). That's it.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
Sit on offense between plays, stand on D.

The lady behind us matches what we do.

316 L

jkitsune

Reaction score
I'm in 314, and I can say it's significantly tamer than my previous section (I think 306 or something? I forget, it was a while ago). Only about 1/3 of the section stands routinely, even in very tense situations.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'm in row E which is the same level as the tunnels are on, and behind us are standing room only people.

At one point during a pre-season game one of the ushers asked me to sit.

Was the first, last, and only time ive ever been asked to sit and that's only because of the SRO people behind me.

However I've been standing most of the games most of the season with no complains, I think the SRO people and ushers both understand that asking anyone to sit is unreasonable and dumb. Haven't seen the usher that asked me to sit among the ones that are regularly near my seating area so that was probably just someone trying to feel more important than they were.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Sit in offense, stand in defense. Walk around on TV time outs. Also follow the jumbo screen if they ask you to stand and sit to get the crowd to be involved.

main

Reaction score
Yup. People do it. But a lot of people sit when the offense is on the field.

I happened to be in the Hawks Nest at the Rams game and everyone stood for the whole game.

Joey13091

Reaction score
I do what ever I damn well please. Usually stand on defense but if the offense is close to scoring or just did something exciting I stand.

I've sat in the nest multiple times and there's been gamed I stand almost the whole game.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
This is the Seahawks stadium. You're not allowed to not stand while we're on defense. Though, I sit while we're on offense when no big plays are happening generally, because plenty of others do and I don't want to partially block anybody's view. It varies; really depends on what those around me are doing, too.

Joey13091

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1jt7gaku said:
This is the Seahawks stadium. You're not allowed to not stand while we're on defense. Though, I sit while we're on offense when no big plays are happening generally, because plenty of others do and I don't want to partially block anybody's view. It varies; really depends on what those around me are doing, too.

Well yes if the people behind me are siting on offense and nothing exciting is happening, I sit out of respect for those people.

vant

Reaction score
Charter 100 section seats are always standing. Offense/Defense, doesn't matter.

300 seats tend to stand more the closer they are to the 50 yard line.

AgentDib

Reaction score
309 sits on offense and stands on defense.

My personal opinion is that you should usually do what the crowd in front of you is doing. Most of us have no problem standing for an entire game but some do, and if everybody in front of you is sitting than the polite thing to do is to sit and give the people behind you the option. You could probably get a fair estimate for the age of posters depending on their stance on this issue - the younger ones just assume that everybody should stand all the time, while the older ones become increasingly more familiar with health concerns that will prevent people from standing for 3 hours consecutively.

The exception to this is when we are on defense and the outcome is still in jeopardy. Stand and encourage others to stand.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
From what I have seen in my very limited experience the 100 sections on the Seahawks side of the field (130-140) seem to be more boisterous than the 100 level seats on the other side (104-114). I sat in 110 for one game back during the Hasselbeck/ Alexander era and we sat for the whole d*** game. I did not fit in at all, although things may have changed since then. Every other game that I have gone to, I have sat in the Hawk's nest. I fit in a lot better there.

I never bothered looking to see what the different sections are like because I figure I will just take whatever season tickets are offered to me when my number comes up. Now that I know about charter licenses, I will be looking at all the charter sections carefully while I wait for the inevitable bad year. From that point of view, I hope I never am able to afford a charter license.

- bsd

ZagHawk

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":3u5ls7jy said:
Sat long enough to eat some Ivars in the 300 level (section 338). That's it.

I'm in 338 as well. In general for me..Offense sit. Defense standing I feel like 60% of the time but I wont say all the time. Depends on the game, depends how many big plays are going on. How long we are waiting between plays and/or for refs to make up their minds on things.

Latest posts