Are you excited for another season of Pete?

Another year of Pete?

• Yay

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • Nay

Votes: 91 79.8%

• Total voters

Fade

Reaction score
Just trying to get a feel for people's excitement for another season of Pete Carroll.

Poorly coached, under achievement on both sides of the ball, crony coaching staff, can't tackle, commit penalties, heavy investments in $$$$ and draft capital for little return in most instances, cool with punting, avoid the middle of the field, poor scheming, issues carry over from season to season never getting fixed.

Are you in for another year of this?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Fade, I don't envy your right to produce opinions on the board. In fact, I'll defend it, and I think you should keep writing. The board thrives on it, and I've seen enough prior content creators chased away by envious board members to where I don't want to see it happen again. Right or wrong, nobody should be discouraged from airing their thoughts.

But you're gloating.

To actually answer the question, they need another draft. They're still shaking off the nine bad years of drafting, but their last two have been close to 2010-2012 quality.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
My answer is the same as it has been for the last 6 seasons or so. It isn't hard to see what this team has been and will be as long as pete is here. In fact things that were bad before are becoming worse as Pete's normal age related cognitive decline occurs. Nay.

NoGain

Reaction score
I've already thrown in the towel. We need to go in a new direction. PC/JS will likely keep making short term decisions that keep us in contention for the playoffs, but nowhere near being a true contender.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Just trying to get a feel for people's excitement for another season of Pete Carroll.

Poorly coached, under achievement on both sides of the ball, crony coaching staff, can't tackle, commit penalties, heavy investments in $$$$ and draft capital for little return in most instances, cool with punting, avoid the middle of the field, poor scheming, issues carry over from season to season never getting fixed.

I’m always excited for a new season of Seahawks football.

Am I “in” for another season of this/like this?

My hopes are higher than that

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The reality is we are stuck in mediocrity like most of the NFL. Unless we have an absolute great hire it will be more of the same.

Seahawks8880

Reaction score
Not to mention burning a timeout without any certainty to overturn it late in this game when was crucial. Then an onside kick with 2:01 left where the clock would have been stopped prior to 2-minute warning for kicking it in the endzone and it could have been used as a timeout. I’m done with Pete costing us so many games through the last few years..

jeremiah

Reaction score

I haven't been excited for Seahawks since 2015. This team has been treading water for almost a decade. There is no FIRE in the O line, NO FIRE on D. That starts at the top. PC MUST GO, let him sit on a beach in California, dream, smile, and say gosh darn it when his gum gets sand in it.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
The continued lack of discipline since Pete has been coach has never made me more irritated until the last few years. We've been able to overcome it because of a good defense/ offense, but we have neither.

Reaction score
You all need some perspective. Pete is fine. If you have the dudes he's great. If you don't he'll have you be competitive. What more do you want? We just need better players on D and to be a tad better on OL. Rest is there

NoGain

Reaction score
You all need some perspective. Pete is fine. If you have the dudes he's great. If you don't he'll have you be competitive. What more do you want? We just need better players on D and to be a tad better on OL. Rest is there
If you're fine with contending for a fringe playoff spot with little to no hope of truly contending for a title, then PC's your guy. That's pretty much been the case for the last nine years.

I personally want more than that as a fan, and am willing to see risks taken in an attempt to become a true title contender again.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
The problem is, Pete will remain in charge until the team is sold, so whether you're excited for it or not, we'll have Pete for at least the next couple seasons.
Agreed. Jody has no incentive to tear everything down at this point. Just sell the team and move on.

James in PA

Reaction score
No. I was officially done with him after the 2nd Rams loss. After the Philly win, I was hoping the old guy still had one last Hail Mary in him. He didn't. It's over. He's a defensive coach and our defense has been at the bottom of the league for YEARS now. It's completely unacceptable. He doesn't have any real answers.

NoGain

Reaction score
The team can't be sold till June 2024 at the earliest because of contractual tax/payment reasons. But we can hope the team does get sold, or truly put up for sale next year or just beyond.