Are you excited for another season of Pete?

Another year of Pete?

• Yay

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • Nay

Votes: 91 79.8%

• Total voters

renofox

Reaction score
I've been a frustrated fan for about 5 years. My enjoyment has been steadily decreasing.

The thrill is gone
The thrill is gone away
The thrill is gone, PC
The thrill is gone away
You know you done me wrong, PC
Won't you please just go away

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Fade, I don't envy your right to produce opinions on the board. In fact, I'll defend it, and I think you should keep writing. The board thrives on it, and I've seen enough prior content creators chased away by envious board members to where I don't want to see it happen again. Right or wrong, nobody should be discouraged from airing their thoughts.

But you're gloating.

To actually answer the question, they need another draft. They're still shaking off the nine bad years of drafting, but their last two have been close to 2010-2012 quality.
Not gloating. It's frustration, and this a way to vent.

The writing has been on the wall for years, and here we are.

How are good drafts going to fix their coaching and schematic issues?

They have massive investment in their defense and they've never been worse.

I was told last off-season, another infusion of talent in 2023 would fox it. The Seahawks did just that and got worse. Because it's coaching. You could throw 10 first round picks at the defense, it won't make much of a difference.

renofox

Reaction score
You could throw 10 first round picks at the defense, it won't make much of a difference.
You could give PCJS the entire 1st round. 32 picks. They might be able to improve the defense to 20th.

The Seahawks might win 11 games, but probably 8-10.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Not gloating. It's frustration, and this a way to vent.

The writing has been on the wall for years, and here we are.

How are good drafts going to fix their coaching and schematic issues?

They have massive investment in their defense and they've never been worse.

I was told last off-season, another infusion of talent in 2023 would fox it. The Seahawks did just that and got worse. Because it's coaching. You could throw 10 first round picks at the defense, it won't make much of a difference.
Two drafts were never going to cut it in a total teardown. That "flush everything and start over" thing everybody wants, it already happened, during the 2022 offseason. They're rebuilding now.

ccla

Reaction score
Just trying to get a feel for people's excitement for another season of Pete Carroll.

Poorly coached, under achievement on both sides of the ball, crony coaching staff, can't tackle, commit penalties, heavy investments in $$$$ and draft capital for little return in most instances, cool with punting, avoid the middle of the field, poor scheming, issues carry over from season to season never getting fixed.

Are you in for another year of this?
There should be an option of f^@k no!!

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
You could give PCJS the entire 1st round. 32 picks. They might be able to improve the defense to 20th.

The Seahawks might win 11 games, but probably 8-10.
Yeah, it's not a talent issue.

Proposing adding more talent, or giving it more time, are not viable solutions to the problem.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The team could fire Pete Carroll, hire Jim Mora's disappointing child again, hire Matt Canada as his offensive coordinator, and bring Sean Desai in as his defensive coordinator with the cherry-on-top of Tom Cable as the OL coach.

I'd still breathe in the glorious air on the day that Seahawks football returns.

So my answer is yes.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
I think Pete Carol has Alzheimer cause he can’t remember their mistakes and keeps repeating them
The engine's running, but there is no one behind the wheel?

But seriously, what it is, is Pete has a philosophy and he is sticking to it, compelling evidence, or modernity be damned. Pete is a relic of his time.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
Excited cuz I love the hawks , bummed as I know the coaching will remain the same and any replacements will continue down a predictable path and at the end I'll still love my team but feel the inevitable change that will eventually happen should've already and hold my real excitement for the future
I can't be upset with a coach who puts it in his teams hands and takes chances to win but to never take the chance , to never push all your chips in , to never instill the do or die trying mentality in the players and losing when you are up against a wall is just death by a thousand little cuts

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Two drafts were never going to cut it in a total teardown. That "flush everything and start over" thing everybody wants, it already happened, during the 2022 offseason. They're rebuilding now.
It never was a total tear down, that was false. Since 2017 I’ve heard this repeated, it’s almost comical at this point. We’re always just one offseason away from going on a run in the post season.

This never was a rebuild. We’ve spent tons of money on aging free agents and we signed Geno to a large extension. We also spent a second rounder on an aging player in Williams.

I’m sorry if I’m coming off as confrontational. Im just frustrated.