Are you Ready To Move Forward? "Greater is Coming"

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I have faith that the Hawks will come out of the gates ready to go berserk on the NFL next season.

JonRud

Reaction score
Reaneypark":2uflkozs said:
I have faith that the Hawks will come out of the gates ready to go berserk on the NFL next season.

I am down with this. as awful as this Super Bowl ended....to me the Hawks will come out crazy next year just like in 2013 after they blew the Atlanta game.

had the Hawks won SB49 (which we all wish they had), there would be a greater chance that next year would get off to another slow start. after living with this feeling for 7 months I wouldn't want to be the first few teams the Hawks will play next year...all the frustration and aggravation will come pouring out.

I hope we open AT Green Bay on Sunday night. We can destroy they in front of everyone and show the NFL that they are playing for 2nd place.

I just hope Earl Thomas is 100% by opening day because he is going to crushing people's souls out on the field. Nuclear Human Missile all season.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Wonderful video. But now it just reminded me I have to wait MONTHS for football. Has anyone else noticed that without Sundays they lose track of what day it is?

If all we did next year was bring back the exact same people, but healthy, we're going to be everyone's nightmare again. Look how close we came to winning that game with a team that had been beat to hell.

hawksmode

Reaction score
Cool, but makes me mad to watch...

The throw from that angle shows how poor the PASS was...it "should have been" lower ( well, really not at all ) Lockett did go a little weak too...........Or, if Lockett fakes left on the slant and goes right TD..Or even block Butler so Wilson runs in untouched. IF IF IF...I know...

I just wish Wilson would have taken the game over...Up by 10 in the 4th QTR! I wish he would have just extended plays running himself to keep NE off the field...

The game was theirs/ours...I am 90% over it...but man, the video should have a better ending.

byau

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":mc00hej3 said:
Anybody know what speech that is?

I am pretty sure all of it is from "Getting Unstuck" by Les Brown, a 45 minute talk he gave.

I've noticed a lot of motivational videos that people put out there use parts of this talk.

It's a good speech. Just curious myself and played some of his talk and the beginning of the "Greater is Coming" video is 2min55s of the "Getting Unstuck" talk

[youtube]1tdihe-eBLk[/youtube]

Hawks46

Reaction score
If the players take that to heart, we are going to crush people next year.

Two great things to think about:

Look at all the adversity we had, and we still got to the SB. Then, we were SO injured, and we were still 1 play away from winning it. Hell, we pissed it away. Imagine if we were just 1-2 quality players healthier. That's how close this was.

And....look at how well Pete and John draft. The few holes we have are obvious. A few more quality rookies and we're owning the NFL again this year.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":3qmowf22 said:
I think the target will still be squarely on our back.

This. Nobody is overlooking the Seahawks. And everyone knows they are the team to beat and measure your team against.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Mick063":3dqmzx1h said:
Lynch would have scored.

So lets say that happened, and we got two in a roll. Do you think that would make it easier or harder to make it to the grandaddy of Super Bowls, SB 50? Seattle would have a even bigger target on their backs going into 2015, than they did in 2014. I think they are far more hungry now, and feel they have something to prove, than they would be if they had won, and will probably not only retain more players, but attract more talent, wanting to have the best chance they can it earning a ring. Their years in the NFL are too short, and odds too thin not to, Suh?

That being said, I think our odds of making it to SB50 are greater with the way SB49 ended.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
ManBunts":wtqtzajk said:
Wonderful video. But now it just reminded me I have to wait MONTHS for football. Has anyone else noticed that without Sundays they lose track of what day it is?

If all we did next year was bring back the exact same people, but healthy, we're going to be everyone's nightmare again. Look how close we came to winning that game with a team that had been beat to hell.

Between Golf and a yearly membership at the gun range, The off season for me flys by. Before long, I'll be saying, dang it seems last season just ended.

cacksman

Reaction score
SPIRITOF12":34frgr5e said:
Mick063":34frgr5e said:
Lynch would have scored.

So lets say that happened, and we got two in a roll. Do you think that would make it easier or harder to make it to the grandaddy of Super Bowls, SB 50? Seattle would have a even bigger target on their backs going into 2015, than they did in 2014. I think they are far more hungry now, and feel they have something to prove, than they would be if they had won, and will probably not only retain more players, but attract more talent, wanting to have the best chance they can it earning a ring. Their years in the NFL are too short, and odds too thin not to, Suh?

b]That being said, I think our odds of making it to SB50 are greater with the way SB49 ended[/b]

I completely agree. Very small silver lining, but I have very very high hopes for next year.