Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Bills @ Seahawks)

HawksHawksHawks

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2d0l9l78 said:
With all the whining I am seeing you think there would be a $10,000 grand prize for the person who picks the correct score every week. Who cares is someone has a tie in their record?

With that being said, my heart tells me its going to be a Hawks blowout win, but my mind is telling me that it's going to be another low scoring struggle fest. Going with my mind here.

Hawks 16
Bills 16

:D

So asking a question = whining?

I hope you're tie prediction is wrong, but if it does happen I think it's fair to say you would add a W to your record?

nash72

Reaction score
Seattle 17
Bills 15

Of course the Seahawks will have to comeback and win in the 4th and we will receive help from the refs during the game as some makeup is due.

RussB

Reaction score
After the embarassing saints loss hawks will redeem themselves.

Hawks 50

Bills 3

2_0_6

Reaction score
HawksHawksHawks":4aaauvj7 said:
Hawk_Nation":4aaauvj7 said:
With all the whining I am seeing you think there would be a $10,000 grand prize for the person who picks the correct score every week. Who cares is someone has a tie in their record?

With that being said, my heart tells me its going to be a Hawks blowout win, but my mind is telling me that it's going to be another low scoring struggle fest. Going with my mind here.

Hawks 16
Bills 16

:D

So asking a question = whining?

I hope you're tie prediction is wrong, but if it does happen I think it's fair to say you would add a W to your record?

Yes I sad whining.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":1mp1yk6w said:
(englishhawk is more than welcome to shut his hole about the tie stat. Seahawks didn't win OR lose. No one in his right mind would predict a tie. At NFLpickwatch.com, where all the sportscasters and writers make their picks, it didn't count a tie as a wrong answer there either. If you want to do it differently, feel free. )

Just because nobody would realistically predict a tie, the result is still a possibility. We've had two ties in a week in the NFL. The option is not solely to predict a win or a loss. It is to predict the result of the game and a tie IS possible.

If you went to Vegas and bet on the Hawks to win and they got a tie, you don't get your money back. You were wrong.

If you predicted anything other than a tie in the Cardinals game, you were wrong.

Nobody is saying it's a big deal -- it's just one of those OCD things for me. Just seems a bit daft giving yourself a 'tie' when you got the result of the game just as wrong as anyone else who didn't predict a draw.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
This game is not as concerning as the Falcons and Saints games with their high powered offense. Don't see the Bills scoring much on the road against our defense. And, we should see a Seattle offense that awakens.

Seahawks 23
Bills 10

GO HAWKS

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I had a hard time picking this one...which really is scary since we our playing the Bills. Its gonna be an ugly low scoring game. That being said this is a must win for hawks as they are going to lose for sure next week. Its gonna come down to the last second and the Bills defence is going to manhandle our high school o-line. Just hope Wilson survives without yet another injury.

13-10 Seahawks

YTD: 6-0-1

kf3339

Reaction score
I'm going with Hawks 16-10.

I don't see much offensive production from our team, but the defense will show up on Monday night.

RTD: 4-2-1

NINEster

Reaction score
Aros":17roo54s said:
HawksHawksHawks":17roo54s said:
How is your record 5-1-1? If you are predicting the outcome of Seahawks games there should be no situation where you could get a tie.

Quite simple. Anyone who predicted a win OR a loss in the Cardinals game was neither right, nor wrong. Therefore the most simplest thing to do is take the tie along with the actual outcome of the game since a tie is not really a win and not really a loss.

Same with the prediction.

A tie is considered half a win.

Look at your winning percentage versus teams with an extra loss and you'll see the difference there.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
NINEster":2aq997m8 said:
A tie is considered half a win.

How is getting the result wrong considered half a win?

You can pick a draw. It is allowed.

If you don't pick a draw and get it wrong, it is what it is.

A

Anonymous

Hawks: 21
Bills: 12

Going to get some offensive help this time, via the Rush.

:mrgreen:

Hawks46

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":t1nongf9 said:
johnnyfever":t1nongf9 said:
(englishhawk is more than welcome to shut his hole about the tie stat. Seahawks didn't win OR lose. No one in his right mind would predict a tie. At NFLpickwatch.com, where all the sportscasters and writers make their picks, it didn't count a tie as a wrong answer there either. If you want to do it differently, feel free. )

Just because nobody would realistically predict a tie, the result is still a possibility. We've had two ties in a week in the NFL. The option is not solely to predict a win or a loss. It is to predict the result of the game and a tie IS possible.

If you went to Vegas and bet on the Hawks to win and they got a tie, you don't get your money back. You were wrong.

If you predicted anything other than a tie in the Cardinals game, you were wrong.

Nobody is saying it's a big deal -- it's just one of those OCD things for me. Just seems a bit daft giving yourself a 'tie' when you got the result of the game just as wrong as anyone else who didn't predict a draw.

Only if you bet the money line. If you went to Vegas and they tied, and the Seahawks were a pick em, then it's a push. You can also be wrong, and still tie: Say the Seahawks were a +3 on the spread, and you'd predict the will win. Then they lose, but lose by 3. It's a push, and you get your money back. Similar to a back door cover.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Well I waited for the injury report here. Initially I honestly felt like the Seahawks were going to lose this game. The offense is terrible, they leave the defense on the field too long, and McCoy is coming back so that would likely hurt us. Now I see Dareus and Bryant are both out on the DL, so I think the offense can do a little bit here.

Going out on a limb.

Seahawks 24
Bills 17

RTD 4-2-1. Yup, I tied. I liken it to a push in Vegas.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
More of the same. We may pull it out at the end.

Buffalo 20
Seattle 23

RTD 4-2-1

SeaChat

Reaction score
Like a breath of fresh air reading through this thread. Nice to hear folks fianaly starting to factor in the unquestionably unbiased officiating tactics deployed by our NFL officials will have on the outcome of the game, in to consideration in their score predictions. It would be so refreshing to start seeing fairly officiated games being played again, one can only hope, and keep calling them like you see them.

I predict that Seattle Seahawks win this battle, beating both of the games their playing Monday night, against the Buffalo Bills, and against the NFL's Officiating Crew. (Hoping after being repeadly exposed by player, commentator, newscaster, talkshow host, and forum poster, that they will get the message and let them play their football games without their attempted manipulation of the outcomes).

Buffalo Bills 17 (2 TDs 1 FG)
Seattle Seahawks 32 ( 4 TDs 2 FGs)
NFL Officials O ( SKUNKED)

Go Seahawks !

Latest posts