Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Colts)

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Our Seahawks may give us another heart pumping in the first half, but in the second half give it what it takes a win hands down! I'm predicting a 34-17 Hawks win! Go Hawks!!! :thirishdrinkers:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
The OL is still a huge issue. We don't know for sure if Unger will be back, and if he is (He didn't play very well against Carolina), who knows whether he'll be 100%?Even if all goes well with Unger, we have sup-par blindside protection and a rookie at RT. Sweezy gets lucky now and then when he actually pass blocks well and Carp is still looking too slow. Run blocking is too inconsistent.

The Colts D has a full game of film , so they can study all of the weaknesses/tendencies of this less-than-mediocre unit. That added knowledge could easily compensate for the disparity between their D line and Houston's.

Predicting a Hawks victory with any degree of confidence, much less a blowout, is a shade looney, IMO. We've won 2 of our games in no small part because of lucky breaks, and as someone said earlier, the 9ers have a supect team right now.

If we win, we do it by one TD or less, but the D will need to play almost lights-out for that to happen. Russell will have to pull off another magical series or two as well. My question is how many games in a row can we keep pulling off the low percentage, miraculous plays on both sides of the ball? As far as being a good second-half team goes, so are the colts, so this game should be interesting.

I'm gonna be an extreme optimist and predict a 17-10 Hawks victory. Too many people still discount the importance of having at least a representive OL. These boys haven't even managed to tread water yet.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":a4hy9i2b said:
Scottemojo":a4hy9i2b said:
Colts fans are going to think I am a dick here.
I think Seattle can treat this team a lot like the Ravens did last year. Just a physical ass kicking. Turn Lynch loose early, steal their will, then Wilson steals their lunch money.

Luck starts strong, Seattle pulls away 2nd half, 24-10.

Yep, I see it going this way as well. They are a good team, but a finesse team. Finesse teams typically crumple under the weight of Seahawks Football.
Pretty much this ^. :th2thumbs:

LotsOfLuck

Reaction score
Hawks may win this game but those that are calling Colts a finesse team haven't seen us play much recently. This isn't the Manning era Colts teams you saw for years. If it were, I'd actually be very confident in this game. Manning used to tear apart defenses that thought they could just physically dominate games. He OWNED the Ravens, for example.

We aren't a finesse team and that's why I give the edge to Seattle. We're probably not as good at beating good teams in physical games as you are. We'll see how things turn out but some of these comments make it sound like they haven't seen the Colts play since 2010. We aren't that team anymore.

Laloosh

Reaction score
SEA 31
IND 17

Unger plays, RW survives and Lynch runs for 140.

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
I am Going with not only a road victory but now we show F 10am here is your knuckle sandwich with a side order of Junk punches. Kam changes someone's religion, and Luck gets Sacked so many times his neck beard surrenders by halftime. I am talking a couple forgotten Jockstraps and a whole lot of "Holy Catfish". :th2thumbs:
Hawks 38 -7

Game prediction record 4-0
Season Prediction 3-1 (thought we'd lose a rough one in Texas, love being wrong on that one)

And because I want Hardouche to be in total meltdown douchemode, Houston over whiners 28-3 , Huskies over Stanford 24 -17
:49ersmall:

Hawkboi

Reaction score
SeaHawk80":1ncuak1z said:
I am Going with not only a road victory but now we show F 10am here is your knuckle sandwich with a side order of Junk punches. Kam changes someone's religion, and Luck gets Sacked so many times his neck beard surrenders by halftime. I am talking a couple forgotten Jockstraps and a whole lot of "Holy Catfish". :th2thumbs:
Hawks 38 -7

Season Prediction 3-1 (thought we'd lose a rough one in Texas, love being wrong on that one)

And because I want Hardouche to be in total meltdown douchemode, Houston over whiners 28-3 , Huskies over Stanford 24 -17

Holy Moly you went for it all!!! I hope you're right... :3:

tdlabrie

Reaction score
As happy as I was with the last quarter of the Houston game, I still painfully remember the first three quarters. I fear this game could start the same way, but with a different ending.

So far I have predicted two losses and, obviously, the Hawks have proven me wrong. Here's hoping they do so again...

Indy 24
Seattle 17

Record to date: 2-2

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawkboi":mgkfua5j said:
SeaHawk80":mgkfua5j said:
Hawks 38 -7

Holy Moly you went for it all!!! I hope you're right... :3:
I do too though I think the Texans have a far better chance at whipping the Whiners than the Huskies do at beating a VERY good Stanford team. I like them giving the 7 if I'm in Nevada.

Hawker

Reaction score
Boom City 27, Indy Lucks 10

RTD: 4-0

Still see us starting slow and hitting our stride in the 3rd quarter. Predicting a 10-7 Indy lead at the half and then we shut them down and control the 2nd half.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Well, here's the Miami Herald prediction from my hometown paper. Except for the Jaguars game, Cote has predicted Seattle to lose each game through the first five weeks. When will he learn?

From Greg Cote:

SEAHAWKS (4-0) AT COLTS (3-1)

Line: SEA by 2.5.

Cote’s pick: IND 26-23.

TV: 1 p.m., FOX.

“AAWWK!” cries the Upset Bird, soaring, old-time-y aviator goggles fixed atop a jet-black beak. “Andrew Laaawwwk!” Seattle has won nine straight regular-season games by an average score of 33.6 to 11.9 and is 4-0 for the first time ever. Something gotta give. It almost did last week when Hawks needed the gift of Matt Schaub’s awfulness to beat Houston. Seattle is simply due a stumble, and Indy is well-positioned, having won its past two games by 64-10 and on a 7-1 run at home. Andrew Luck vs. Russell Wilson is a big-time QB duel in the Kids Division. Give me the kid in his own crib. “Let’s continue the ’crib’ metaphor by suggesting Colts defense will ’rattle’ Wilson,” suggests U-Bird. “Baby! Baaawwwk!”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/10/03/3 ... picks.html

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
My instinct tell me we get off to good start this time and rally for 13-3 lead at half. Colts have good 3rd Q and nail 2 TD's to lead 17-13. Russell huddle, then we then rally in the 4th Q with brilliance and get out of indy with a WIN 20-17. Seahawks.

Should be another great game!!

Laloosh

Reaction score
Jay-Dog":2zbdl5wz said:
My instinct tell me we get off to good start this time and rally for 13-3 lead at half. Colts have good 3rd Q and nail 2 TD's to lead 17-13. Russell huddle, then we then rally in the 4th Q with brilliance and get out of indy with a WIN 20-17. Seahawks.

Should be another great game!!

Not sure if my fragile psyche can handle that kind of game.

GOSeahawks

Reaction score
I am going to follow the steady growth of this teams trend line. They will win this game. They will start earlier on offense and defense.
Lynch has a huge day with another BEAST MODE run like last week, maybe all the way. The O line does a much better job and they start out moving Russ out of the pocket early and often.

Hawks 28 14

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The Houston game was an injury matchup nightmare for Seattle. Our O-line was spotted with scrubs against the AFC's best defensive line. That's like giving a acrophobic a window-washing job on the Sears Tower. They held up because Russell Wilson's legs act as extra pass protection, but a lot of breaks had to go our way as well. It was a lucky win in a lot of ways.

This week our O-line isn't any healthier, BUT Indy doesn't have nearly as much salt on their D-line to run into our wound. Also, Houston was healthy on defense. Indy is not. Laron Landry being out will give Wilson more downfield options than he had in September, and between that and Vontae Davis being nicked up, Davis could revert to the guy he was last year - one of the league's very worst cornerbacks. Ricky Jean Francois's absence should be good for an extra 0.5 YPC for Lynch. This time, the injury situation helps Seattle as much as it does Indy.

On defense, Luck is developing into a star QB but is doing so despite protection issues. He has a history of occasionally throwing Schaubs and has not faced a defense that will tempt him to do so more than ours. The LOB will make him pay for any mistakes he makes, and the front seven is built to handle scrambler QB's. This will be the toughest test of his career thus far, and probably of the year.

Our first-half slow starts really bug me, but our second-half rallies have never failed us. This week, Indy shouldn't have enough defense to kill our first half in the first place.

Seattle 24
Indy 17

RTD: 2-2