Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Steelers)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
One of the few times I will predict a close loss. Mainly because the Hawks don't get their stride until October, esp. after come guys come back and/or start playing (Ziggy, Reed etc.)
I think we keep it close because of our running game, but a late attempt falls just short.

Squeelers 20, Hawks 16

HawkFan72

Reaction score
10am road games suck. I am thinking this is another close game like last week, and the home team narrowly wins again.

Seahawks 20
Steelers 23

My Record to Date: 1-0

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Steelers looked awful last week, but I think they'll toughen up for their home opener. Our guys are going to look better too but, sadly IMO, not good enough.

Steelers 27, Seattle 17

Record: 1 - 0

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Glancing at one of the Stealers forums about half of them are predicting a Seattle win.
Haden may be out, and Watt is banged up.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
xray":17jlmqat said:
AgentDib":17jlmqat said:
xray":17jlmqat said:
Yep...Belichick and Carroll are same age : but Carroll coaches old school . Belichick runs his team with his coordinators each week for a specific opponent . Every week the Pats play different . Carroll will never change he's old school . We just have to put up with it .
Yes, life has been pretty tough as a Seahawks fan. We haven't had Belichick and Brady on our team and have had to settle for 150 wins vs 106 losses since realignment, twelve playoff trips and a paltry three trips to the Super Bowl. Best of luck in being able to put up with not having Belichick again this season.
2 trips to the SB under Carroll ; which is great but all that you said is in the past . It's past time for Carroll to prepare and adapt to individual opponents before and during a game . I've noticed that many in here are posting the same concerns dating back to last season .

"The Super Bowl in in the past"...gosh, what an entitled attitude.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
The Bengals pushed us around and we barely held on. The Steelers aren't much to write home about either, but I believe they'll have a more competent set up then their AFC rival does.

Seahawks - 17
Steelers - 27

chris98251

Reaction score
Passing game isn't as good with no AB, our strength has been shutting down the run we should be able to run and outlast them.

Seahawks 27
Stealers - 15

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Pittsburg is where NFC teams go to die. It will be tough but close. Seattle 20 Stealers 13

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I foresee a shootout. Seahawks shut down the run game but Big Ben lights it up. sPittsburgh is susceptible to the deep ball and is weak covering the slot. DK and Tyler have a field day and Seattle pulls out a close one 31-30. :irishdrinkers:
This sets up a showdown with the undefeated Saints when I go to my very first Seahawks home game...... :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

QuahHawk

Reaction score
We struggle to get to Big Ben and he picks apart our secondary just like Dalton did. Our Offense starts to pick it up but we fall just short at the end.

24-20 Steelers

1-0 YTD

OKHawksfan

Reaction score
We get Ansah back to play with Clowney and an actual corner playing the slot, I think we harass Ben quite a bit. OL has Iupati premiering and hopefully a little improvement. I see a nail biter with the Hawks pulling it out with a late field goal, 24-23.

James in PA

Reaction score
Some bag on NFL.com made Stealers over Seahawks his “lock of the week.” Furthermore, this bag predicted the final score would be 21-10! See what he did there? Not cool. Can you say closet hillbilly Stealers fan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xray

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":33vwars6 said:
xray":33vwars6 said:
AgentDib":33vwars6 said:
xray":33vwars6 said:
Yep...Belichick and Carroll are same age : but Carroll coaches old school . Belichick runs his team with his coordinators each week for a specific opponent . Every week the Pats play different . Carroll will never change he's old school . We just have to put up with it .
Yes, life has been pretty tough as a Seahawks fan. We haven't had Belichick and Brady on our team and have had to settle for 150 wins vs 106 losses since realignment, twelve playoff trips and a paltry three trips to the Super Bowl. Best of luck in being able to put up with not having Belichick again this season.
2 trips to the SB under Carroll ; which is great but all that you said is in the past . It's past time for Carroll to prepare and adapt to individual opponents before and during a game . I've noticed that many in here are posting the same concerns dating back to last season .

"The Super Bowl in in the past"...gosh, what an entitled attitude.

Those SBs are over and done with years ago...I'm interested in how this season will go not 2014..if that's ok .

ivotuk

Reaction score
Seahawks 17 -- Steelers 13

Hard fought game, but the Running Game takes over and wears out a Pittsburgh defensive line that is nowhere near as talented as the Cincinnati defensive line.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Heinz Field is like the Upside Down for the Seahawks. Sadly the only Seven we have on the team is Geno Smith and he isn't saving anyone.

Pittsburgh 20
Seahawks 6

The only question will be when I turn the channel.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Looks like Greg Rosenthal is trolling the Hawks...

LOCK OF THE WEEK: Pittsburgh Steelers 21, Seattle Seahawks 10

1 p.m. ET (FOX) | Heinz Field (Pittsburgh)

...No winning team looked worse in Week 1 than the Seahawks. Their offensive line gave up a lot of pressure and didn't create holes in the running game. Seahawks offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer was out-coached by a first-time D-coordinator, to the tune of 232 yards and 12 first downs. There were positives on defense (linebackers! Jadeveon Clowney!), but the line looks thin again after losing defensive tackle Poona Ford to injury, and no amount of Pete Carroll positivity can make the secondary more talented. There will be no revenge on Bill Leavy on Sunday in Pittsburgh, just more early-season road struggles for the Seahawks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...me-picks-panthers-top-bucs-rams-defeat-saints

Nice score prediction. What a maroon. :pukeface: