Art Thiel talks about the field conditions and more

VaporHawk

Reaction score
Whats up in DC...
including info on the #12s meetup out there

[youtube]_QKwMyKqKFg[/youtube]

The Radish

Reaction score
That was a damned good listen. But boy those laptop cameras do not project a Brad Pitt view.

:roll:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I assume she is a student or amateur interviewer? Not to be mean but she came off very newb...Good interview from Art though, appreciate it.

jman316

Reaction score
Whether it's on purpose or not, having a sub-par playing service is bush league.

People (especially those getting ripped by Snyder) pay good money to watch a NFL game, why would you degrade the product with an inferior field?

Lame.

The Radish

Reaction score
Aros":35ex7ssa said:
I assume she is a student or amateur interviewer? Not to be mean but she came off very newb...Good interview from Art though, appreciate it.

She came off just fine, a bit nervous with her eyes. I was referring to Art. In that view he looked like he's just come from a skin doctors office or that Star Trek movie.

:les:

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
The Radish":3w2txjvv said:
She came off just fine, a bit nervous with her eyes. I was referring to Art. In that view he looked like he's just come from a skin doctors office or that Star Trek movie.

I thought the same thing. Crazy eyes.

taz291819

Reaction score
She did just fine. With over 10 years in the broadcast industry, I've seen my fair share of amateurs and "greens". I've seen a lot, lot worse.

drastik

Reaction score
jman316":h93nrhi9 said:
Whether it's on purpose or not, having a sub-par playing service is bush league.

People (especially those getting ripped by Snyder) pay good money to watch a NFL game, why would you degrade the product with an inferior field?

Lame.
Hard to grow fresh natural grass in less than 1 week in 30 degree January weather...

taz291819

Reaction score
drastik":24l3sico said:
jman316":24l3sico said:

Lame.
Hard to grow fresh natural grass in less than 1 week in 30 degree January weather...

Ever heard of a green house? There are plenty of companies that offer wide and deep sod specifically for football field.

drastik

Reaction score
taz291819":106uau92 said:
drastik":106uau92 said:
jman316":106uau92 said:

Lame.

Ever heard of a green house? There are plenty of companies that offer wide and deep sod specifically for football field.
Theres still only so much you can do, it's natural grass with guys wearing metal spikes in their cleats. You'll see the field start to get torn up a bit during pre-game warmups.

You can expect the field to look like the green bay / minnesota game from tonight... if it happens to rain before or after the game... the field will be much worse

I actually think the field helps the seahawks. the redskins are an extremely fast team outside of alfred morris. With the exception of Earl Thomas, the Seahawks DBs arent going to beat too many guys in a straight up foot race. The natural grass kind of dampens the advantages of the redskins speedy receivers over the seahawks big physical DBs.

The Redskins have actually been in talks about replacing the natural grass with some sort of field turf, but the natural grass thing is considered a tradition by fans so there have been attempts to block that.

Latest posts