Article on the potential of the new D scheme

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
So we ran the 3-4 all 3 times we made it to the supperbowl ?

You're the most delusional individual I've ever come across on the the Internet. I'd suggest seeing a doctor before your shooting rampage.
Before this thread gets buried in the archives, your ending sentence was pretty tasteless.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Alignment is key because it dictates personnel for the defensive front you have out there on a given play. When people talk about whether defensive linemen are best suited for a 3-4 or a 4-3 what they are really talking about is what alignments they would be best at. A defensive end lined up at 4i is going to have a similar job regardless of what you label the overall front.

It's a passing league these days, and so if you listen to a good analyst break down a defensive formation these days they go back to front. It starts with the coverages (single high, two high, three high, man or zone) and then moves to the alignments along the defensive front. That's how opponents will be breaking down our defense and they won't care one bit whether you consider our defense a 3-4 or 4-3 or 3-3 or 4-2 on a given snap.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Yup. Gave up Ahman for marbles. Not even...
I know it didn't work out for us but I remember Green just constantly fumbling and not playing to the potential he achieved in GB. Seemed like a light switch went off when he got traded. Maybe he never would've reached that point here.

Chawker

Reaction score
Ok, I agree that that statement was rather tasteless. I'm sorry for whom I may have offended.

The ONLY time I've been aware of us running a 3-4 was late in games which involved a pervend defense which turned out to very successful for the opposing teams. It sucked then and I'm sure it will suck again.

I won't tell you I said so...But we'll see.

Cheers and sorry