ASJ's measurements

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Unless he proves he can run under a 4.7 I'm not willing ot spend our 1st on him. If we traded back or were lucky enought o get him in the 2nd I'd be happy. Spending big on a TE with Miller and Willson on the roster wouldn't make a ton of sense, but neither would picking a WR if we resign Tate and Baldwin.

I am down to get Wilson more weapons to throw to but we either need to cut the cord on Tate, Baldwin, or Miller before we invest in another target. ASJ would be an awesome Red zone threat but if he's only catching 20 balls a season is he worth our 1st. We could upgrade at RT, LG, DT, or DE ( if we cut Clemons, and don't resign Bennett), I also think we could protect ourselves if Sherman walks and draft a CB high.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
I could be the minority but i would rather have a couple other TE's and spend less draft stock.
ASJ could be more, A guy that has the skill set and physical attributes but coasts.

Not for a first. There maybe only one TE drafted in the first.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I don't think you need to worry about any team taking ASJ in the first at this point.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
I was previously favoring drafting ASJ at 32, but I think this injury may bring too much uncertainty for that spot.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2fteubs9 said:
He is a big guy, thats for sure. I would love to take him at the end of the 1st if he is still there, but of course I am sure the FO will do something no one is expecting as usual.
That's my thought so I'm not stressed about it..Even though I hope they go with a wide receiver given it's possible we lose Rice and Tate but we'll see soon enough.

HawkWow

Reaction score
This draft is just so damn deep, it's hard to get a handle on any of it...who's goin' where, when, etc. Wading through the mocks, I've seen ASJ going as high as 20 and I've seen him slip to the 9ers in the 2nd round. That would suck.

I've been screaming for ASJ since this time last year, but now I am uncertain. There's just so much talent out there and if we can grab Yankey at 32...perhaps that's the route we should go. Though I am still hoping for ASJ, we really need to address the line and it's not often you can find a sure thing lineman at 32.