WR: Antonio Brown, Steelers; Julio Jones, Falcons

TE: Rob Gronkowski, Patriots

T: Andrew Whitworth, Bengals; Joe Thomas, Browns

G: David DeCastro, Steelers; Marshal Yanda, Ravens

C: Ryan Kalil, Panthers

Defense:

DE: J.J. Watt, Texans; Khalil Mack, Raiders

DT: Aaron Donald, Rams; Geno Atkins, Bengals

LB: Thomas Davis, Panthers; Luke Kuechly, Panthers; Khalil Mack, Raiders; Von Miller, Broncos; Navorro Bowman, 49ers

CB: Josh Norman, Panthers; Patrick Peterson, Cardinals

S: Tyrann Mathieu, Cardinals; Eric Berry, Chiefs

Special Teams

K: Stephen Gostkowski, Patriots

P: Johnny Hekker, Rams

KR: Tyler Lockett, Seahawks

bigwrm

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3qxyxq3i said:
austinslater25":3qxyxq3i said:
Peterson making it is terrible. I like the idea of some slighted Seahawks for the playoffs though...

It's freakin idiotic that Patrick Peterson made the list. The guy is the most overhyped DB in recent memory. The press so want him to be "elite."

PP had 35 tackles, 8- Pass Def, 2- Int, 1- FF
RS had 33 tackles, 14- PD, 2- Int.

Those numbers aren't useful for comparing cornerbacks. Stats like tackles or pass defenses are highly dependent on scheme, targets, and quality of opposing receivers. Here's another comparison you could make:

Sherman: 33 solo tackles, 14 PD, 2 Int
Robert Alford: 45 solo tackles, 15 PD, 2 Int

Peterson and Sherm both had great seasons and second team all pro is quite an accomplishment. Hard to be upset about either Norman or Peterson making first team ahead of Sherm this year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DavidSeven":35put61z said:
I think Sherman should've been 1st team, but it's great that he made it since the competition at corner was pretty deep. This year, he was the best player in a secondary that was still very good with some really bad pieces around him. Basically, moving him around this year was literally the only way we could be solid at different spots throughout a game.

Sherman, Norman and Peterson were probably pretty close in the voters' eyes. I think Norman and Peterson only got voted ahead because they were on teams with better records. But that's how these things go.

It looks like Earl lost his spot to Honey Badger, Eric Berry, Charles Woodson (39!!! --- but had great year), and probably one other safety I can't figure out.

Sherman only had 2 interceptions, add that into the Hawks losing 6 games and he really didn't deserve it over Peterson or Norman........although I agree Peterson is overrated.

Pick6

Reaction score
Peterson was really good this year. Night and day compared to last season. Sherman didn't start off the season well, so that hurt him.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":h2yswciq said:
DavidSeven":h2yswciq said:
I think Sherman should've been 1st team, but it's great that he made it since the competition at corner was pretty deep. This year, he was the best player in a secondary that was still very good with some really bad pieces around him. Basically, moving him around this year was literally the only way we could be solid at different spots throughout a game.

Sherman, Norman and Peterson were probably pretty close in the voters' eyes. I think Norman and Peterson only got voted ahead because they were on teams with better records. But that's how these things go.

It looks like Earl lost his spot to Honey Badger, Eric Berry, Charles Woodson (39!!! --- but had great year), and probably one other safety I can't figure out.

Sherman only had 2 interceptions, add that into the Hawks losing 6 games and he really didn't deserve it over Peterson or Norman........although I agree Peterson is overrated.

Eh, Peterson also only had 2 INTs and team record is only a factor if you're being lazy. However, I think it's fair to have those three at the top in some order.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Beating a dead horse, probably, but if any of our LBers should have got Pro Bowl, All-Pro honors is the "not deserving his extentsion and vastly overpaid" KJ Wright.

I know Wagner and Wright play different positions but Wright has been consistently good to elite all season.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Basis4day":j52h610l said:
LB: Thomas Davis, Panthers; Luke Kuechly, Panthers; Khalil Mack, Raiders; Von Miller, Broncos; Navorro Bowman, 49ers

Huh??? Bowman? Don't get me wrong, he was a great LB before the injury, but now?

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Bowman is one of my favorite players in the league but I don't think he deserved it this year. He was never fully healthy and didn't play like an all-pro like he usually does.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":2uebdy53 said:
Bowman is one of my favorite players in the league but I don't think he deserved it this year. He was never fully healthy and didn't play like an all-pro like he usually does.

Didn't he lead all defensive players in tackles?

Mick063

Reaction score
I think it is awesome that the AP releases this a day before he playoffs start.

12thbrah

Reaction score
I'm sure a bunch of Seahawks will be paying attention to this list. If we get past Minnesota to face the Panthers we will have extra motivation to prove all those AP voters wrong.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Really happy for Tyler here. Of course I believe Sherm should've been first team and that Earl, Bennett, Wilson and Doug should at least have gotten some 2nd team love but for a rookie who many thought we gave up too much for to make it is really special.

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
Basis4day":1s411p4w said:
First Team Full List:

Offense

QB: Cam Newton, Panthers

RB: Adrian Peterson, Vikings; Doug Martin, Buccaneers

FB: Mike Tolbert, Panthers

Defense:

Special Teams

Macks good enough for two spots, not bad.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
EmbattleTheeHawks":sut0zl2q said:
Basis4day":sut0zl2q said:
First Team Full List:

Offense

Defense:

Special Teams

Macks good enough for two spots, not bad.

Unprecedented. Others have made 1st and 2nd team at two positions. But not two different position on 1st team.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Basis4day":5uqzrr9t said:
SeahawksFanForever":5uqzrr9t said:

Didn't he lead all defensive players in tackles?

Yeah. He was his usual self with ball carriers in front of him but has yet to (if ever) regain the lateral movement that allowed him to be great (let alone not be a liability) in pass protection. That lack of lateral movement also caused him to miss more tackles than he should this year when RBs had time to set up and cut with him in front of them.

To me it looked more like a problem with trusting the knee than having a physical problem with the knee, and it also got better towards the end of the year.

To be honest though I thought Bobby Wagner making 2nd team All Pro this year was pretty puzzling until I saw Bowman making 1st team All Pro. I don't think either of those guys deserved to be anywhere close to either first or second team all pro this particular year.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Lol @ Patrick Peterson at cb. What's with people obsession with this guy. Do they just like how his name sounds or what? Because he is average to me. Lockett n Db werw burning him all day in week 17.
Lol

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Peterson was a monster this year. There's just no way around it. Judging him off one or two games or what you heard about him last year is a mistake.

Willyeye

Reaction score
Basis4day":3w2ulajk said:
First Team Full List:

Offense

Defense:

Special Teams

WOW!!! I can't believe Hekker made it. He must have attended too many meetings in the Gregg "Bountygate II" Williams meeting room at the Rams practice facility. I get that all of their defenders are out for blood, but Hekker's cheap shots on Avril and Will Smith of the Ravens this year just might be proof that he's been to those types of meetings. Why would a punter be taking cheap shots like that unless the idea was being drilled into his head during special team meetings? I was glad that all our guys made it out alive in that last game...that game resulted in seven concussions/initial testing for concussions.

Rat

Reaction score
I didn't watch the Chiefs at all this year. Did Eric Berry really have an All-Pro caliber season or does this have more to do with his story?

The Khalil Mack thing is stupid. Tremendous player, but there's no way if you isolate his play at both positions that he's an All-Pro at both. He's getting credit for both positions twice.

Latest posts