At Least One Certainty Established

Smellyman

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2dhrys6g said:
It was pre-season, let's see how he does in a real game.

Yeah, he has had some very good preseasons with the Hawks.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Smellyman":1kavwc32 said:
OkieHawk":1kavwc32 said:

Well, his previous preseasons' 'good' were not cooker-cutter replicas of what I saw. None of the BS Madden spin moves this time. He's using his quickness and power to actually carry out what Cable wants. I really love how he was exploding through even sliver-sized holes. Also, he actually looked comfortable carrying the ball in either hand. You can tell he's been putting in some serious work. Let's hope that translates when it counts.

Smellyman

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2q3gnwky said:
Smellyman":2q3gnwky said:
OkieHawk":2q3gnwky said:

Well, his previous preseasons' 'good' were not cooker-cutter replicas of what I saw. None of the BS Madden spin moves this time. He's using his quickness and power to actually carry out what Cable wants. I really love how he was exploding through even sliver-sized holes. Also, he actually looked comfortable carrying the ball in either hand. You can tell he's been putting in some serious work. Let's hope that translates when it counts.

True.

He deserves a serious dose of scepticism though until some games into the regular season.

sutz

Reaction score
Be skeptical all you want. Personally, the way he finished the season last year tells me he'll probably work out. He's at least worth the trial.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
With Michael it isn't unreasonable to be somewhat skeptical, however your observation is quite true. His play at the end of last season combined with everything we've seen from him this offseason leads me to believe he's a keeper and has finally 'got it' that his unquestionable exceptional athleticism needs to be combined with attention to the mental part of the game and a sense of entitlement won't let your potential be realized but hard work and dedication to your craft will.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I noticed he was holding the ball in the proper arm on his runs & would wrap up with both hands prior to contact. Wasn't that one of his big knocks prior to being traded to Dallas? Looks like he's grown up and invested now & willing to listen to his coaches to improve his play. He will most surely make the final 53.

mrt144

Reaction score
gargantual":2r05eh6r said:
Beautiful recovery from the bust label. P&J's talent finding acumen is reaffirmed once again.

Not just being able to find talent, but to coax it out over time.

Latest posts