Attributes that make #1WRs for the Hawks ?

pmedic920

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2c5vxyif said:

Quoted for truth.

We should all thank God, that there are a few people out there that are willing to step out on a limb to teach us things like this.

:{)

I don't think much more can be added.
We should Archive this one so that future generations never forget the lesson.

A

Anonymous

Hawksurething,

I officially dub thee: "Ultimate Seahawks Fan"

Carry on...

:stirthepot:

AgentDib

Reaction score
Pretty hilarious, but I wish people would stop throwing around the "#1 WR" term so much. When you have to clarify what you mean by "#1 WR" with so many explanations that should be a hint that your label sucks. It's radio talk show host stuff where you try to fill airtime by oversimplifying things.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
pmedic920":31ar14uj said:
SacHawk2.0":31ar14uj said:

Quoted for truth.

We should all thank God, that there are a few people out there that are willing to step out on a limb to teach us things like this.

Yes. Archive it for all time.

McGruff

Reaction score
OP edited 7 times, and should be an 8th time to say that a #1 WR also includes TE's . . .

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
McGruff":1igdp8c3 said:
OP edited 7 times, and should be an 8th time to say that a #1 WR also includes TE's . . .

Graham is a reciever. He also lines up as a wideouts 60% of the time.

I also stated that their is no finshline for build this offense up...we still need 2 outside WRs with great skills & preferably 4.4 speed since P-rich is hurt all year & frail anyways.

Jennings fits all the criteria except size & maybe speed. Then draft a #1 WR in the 2nd round which will be there. Then draft a fast WR/KR.

Get OGs & centers in the 3rd thru 5th rounds of which there are plenty that i named in my O-line thread.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
AgentDib":1ic5zj3z said:
Pretty hilarious, but I wish people would stop throwing around the "#1 WR" term so much. When you have to clarify what you mean by "#1 WR" with so many explanations that should be a hint that your label sucks. It's radio talk show host stuff where you try to fill airtime by oversimplifying things.

Exactly that's why I created this thread to explain in detail what #1WR actually is. I remember jets picking Stephen Hill to be a #1 WR, yet he hand hands of stone & did not demand a double team cause he struggled to get off the press.

49ers got AJ Jenkins who had same issues except he was small too !

Hawks traded & paid all that money for Percy without knowing he is not even a WR. He was a move weapon in capable of demanding double teams out wide & ran bad routes which WRs can't do if they are under 6'2.

They even tried to start Baldwin 5'10 & can't get off the press early & don't demand doubles. Then put kearse a body catcher who struggles to get open even when he has a free release as the #2WR.

But hawks have learned now thanks to all of us that spoke on the issue & Schneider said Jimmy "demands double teams". Teams must roll coverage his way,use safety help,etc...anything that demands using 2 defenders to cover him. Which will open up our rookie #1WR & #2 WR. Z&X

Now I hope they are still listening because I picked the only WRs in the draft capable of succeeding at the Zspot . and hope they pick up Greg Jennings or Washington or rod streater or Andre Holmes.

Sac

Reaction score
hawksurething":2g1rksr3 said:
Exactly that's why I created this thread to explain in detail what #1WR actually is.

But hawks have learned now thanks to all of us that spoke on the issue

Now I hope they are still listening because I picked the only WRs in the draft capable of succeeding at the Zspot.

Dude, seriously.

Nobody here needed an explanation of what a #1 receiver is.

The 'Hawks didn't trade for Jimmy Graham because of anything that was said on .NET

No, they're not listening to us.

The front office people are professional scouts that have been doing their jobs for years. They know what they're doing. We're not helping them. We're wearing team colors and shouting and cheering for a team we all love, and that's great. But don't believe for a second that we're influencing the decisions that are made in the front office.

To believe otherwise is delusional.

Just because I wanted Marvel to make one of their big super heroes a minority doesn't mean that I sent psychic waves through the ether and made Marvel change Spiderman from Peter Parker to Miles Morales. It ain't like that.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
I think someone here gives themselves to much credit and the Hawks organization not enough credit. I miss the week of peace and quiet we had that lasted up to yesterday :cry:

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":fbdoa0if said:
hawksurething":fbdoa0if said:
Exactly that's why I created this thread to explain in detail what #1WR actually is.

Now I hope they are still listening because I picked the only WRs in the draft capable of succeeding at the Zspot.

Dude, seriously.

The 'Hawks didn't trade for Jimmy Graham because of anything that was said on .NET

The front office people are professional scouts that have been doing their jobs for years. They know what they're doing. We're not helping them. We're weariing team colors and shouting and cheering for a team we all love, and that's great. But don't believe for a second that we're influencing the decisions that are made in the front office.

Just because I wanted Marvel to make one of their big super heroes a minority doesn't mean that I sent psychic waves through the ether and made Marvel change Spiderman from Peter Parker to Miles Morales. It ain't like that.

That's cool. Let me be a delusional fan-atic then who thinks just because JS says double team now,I'm the reason. I'm like the Budweiser commercial :) I even have a special SB win Wilson jersey that i did not ware this Superbowl cause I was over 1 of my ladies house across town heamed up...won't chose love making over a Superbowl win EVER again. LMAO !!!

Sac

Reaction score
hawksurething":1pn3nazl said:
SacHawk2.0":1pn3nazl said:
hawksurething":1pn3nazl said:

Dude, seriously.

The front office people are professional scouts that have been doing their jobs for years. They know what they're doing. We're not helping them. We're weariing team colors and shouting and cheering for a team we all love, and that's great. But don't believe for a second that we're influencing the decisions that are made in the front office.

That's cool. Let me be a delusional fan-atic then who thinks just because JS says double team now,I'm the reason. I'm like the Budweiser commercial :) I even have a special Wilson jersey that iI did not ware this Superbowl cause I was over 1 of my ladies house across town heamed up...won't chose love making over a Superbowl win EVER again. LMAO !!!

LMAO

Fair enough.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":t0g95xid said:
I think someone here gives themselves to much credit and the Hawks organization not enough credit. I miss the week of peace and quiet we had that lasted up to yesterday :cry:

See this is what I don't get...I'm not on your thread bothering you at all. If you want quiet of no WR talk then why mess with my post ? Especially when you know I'm going to respond since I try to be courtious to respond to peoples replies ?

Jeesh.

Sac

Reaction score
It's just a little friendly ribbing, I'm sure. You should see some of the things that have been said to me over the years.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
pmedic920":1dtbd5p8 said:
SacHawk2.0":1dtbd5p8 said:

Quoted for truth.

Lol thanks. I added new info to the OP & more material will be added later as there is so much to talk about with this most draft missed position whether FA or trade. WR is so hard to hit on for many GMs in history. Especially since its the hardest position to learn outside of QB as debatable,the normal time frame is 3 years for WR to develop.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wide_receiver explains Wideouts positions

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthcharts.aspx shows where teams use their best WRs on the line to the left since they are the best option beat press at the line on their team. Some use them off the line on the right if they sstruggle with press & need a free release. Torry smith would seem to be used there as he struggles with press.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I actually agree with Hawksurething.

I think Jennings would be a decent pickup at a value price. He's still got some tread on the tires, and I think he could teach our younger WRs a lot. He didn't play badly for Minny last year, he just isn't worth what they were paying him.

I now feel dirty, and will go take a shower. :sarcasm_off: